Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Girls have morals about this sort of thing. Snogging someone your pal fancies is forbidden and only causes arguments.

Do you two know nothing about women? :rolleyes:

Why is it forbidden? Surely that basically means that if any two women who are friends like the same person, neither can "go for it", leaving absolutely no one happy.

On the other foot, men consider it a necessary dis/honourable battle. If anything it's seen as a challenge. The winner earns respect and the loser is expected to take it on the chin and accept reality.

At least that way, two people are happy and one of them's the silent grumpy b*****d.*

*I should point out here that I'm ALWAYS the silent grumpy b*****d, but I accept the system.

Two weeks ago I woke up with a massive cut on my arm, the biggest yellow / black bruise on my side (which is still painful when I lie on it a fortnight later), and no memory of how it happened.

I found out yesterday that it was because I fell down a flight of stairs in the pub.

I haven't drunk since.

Guest The Phoenix
Two weeks ago I woke up with a massive cut on my arm, the biggest yellow / black bruise on my side (which is still painful when I lie on it a fortnight later), and no memory of how it happened.

I found out yesterday that it was because I fell down a flight of stairs in the pub.

I haven't drunk since.

Hardly a world record not to have had a drink since yesterday.

Why is it forbidden? Surely that basically means that if any two women who are friends like the same person, neither can "go for it", leaving absolutely no one happy.

On the other foot, men consider it a necessary dis/honourable battle. If anything it's seen as a challenge. The winner earns respect and the loser is expected to take it on the chin and accept reality.

At least that way, two people are happy and one of them's the silent grumpy b*****d.*

*I should point out here that I'm ALWAYS the silent grumpy b*****d, but I accept the system.

Women have things called emotions and morals when it comes to this sort of thing. I don't know why but they do. You shouldn't just accept the system and let the other guy get the gal, man up and go for it!

I only have 2 emotions, drunk and horny, and they're not even real emotions.

Women have things called emotions and morals when it comes to this sort of thing. I don't know why but they do. You shouldn't just accept the system and let the other guy get the gal, man up and go for it!

They would have made Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs infinitely more watchable, though.

What is immoral about the pursuit of happiness?

What is immoral about the pursuit of happiness?

I don't know, but they just seem to think of it as some sort of code of conduct. The first one to declare their fancing of someone gets the first shot at it.

It's a load of bollocks and I'm all for the plough in and to hell with your mate's feelings.

It's forbidden because your mates come first, that's about all there is to it. You tend to find if two girls like the same guy, neither will go for it, unless they've agreed that whoever called shotgun gets a shot on his pistol.

It's forbidden because your mates come first, that's about all there is to it. You tend to find if two girls like the same guy, neither will go for it, unless they've agreed that whoever called shotgun gets a shot on his pistol.

:lol:

I need to remember that line for future reference. Genius.

Why is it that women make absolutely shite stand up comics, but can be extremely funny in everyday conversations and situations?

I've often wondered that myself, and was in fact the basis of a discussion in the Mock The Week thread the other day. Women just aren't funny.

I've often wondered that myself, and was in fact the basis of a discussion in the Mock The Week thread the other day. Women just aren't funny.

I wish more women could admit this like you. It gets on my tits when you get called sexist for stating bloody obvious facts.