Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

That the majority of part-time, basically nskilled work states 'previous experience required'. Firstly, no it doesn't, the jobs in question are quickly trainable, and secondly, you can't get experienced folk if no-one hires unexperienced newbies.

It's a vicious circle.

That the majority of part-time, basically nskilled work states 'previous experience required'. Firstly, no it doesn't, the jobs in question are quickly trainable, and secondly, you can't get experienced folk if no-one hires unexperienced newbies.

It's a vicious circle.

How can you say it doesn't require previous experience? It's the employer that's asking for it, and they obviously do. I'll not argue on the fact that it's not fair, because it definitely isn't. Employers can, however, employ whoever they like and ask for whatever they like as long as it's within the law.

How can you say it doesn't require previous experience? It's the employer that's asking for it, and they obviously do. I'll not argue on the fact that it's not fair, because it definitely isn't. Employers can, however, employ whoever they like and ask for whatever they like as long as it's within the law.

Yes but this is the petty thread after all.

I think vtons point was they can ask for what they like, sure. I have war and peace of "candidates whose experience more closely matched" emails.

but he is right to/can say the job does not require experience/is easily trainable. I mean I have better than average education but get knocked back for call centre stuff -which I also have some limited experience of- despite the fact I in fact could do the boss' job in the place never mind the minion position in half the time -thus saving them money.