Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Team..

I'm fitting a light, yes, I know, by Vectron, its 2:30am, but I've taken the old ceiling rose off, identified the correct live, neutral and earth wires in the mains...but now it wants me to connect these to the new light fitting. However, the light fitting is all modern, and instead of the normal blue and brown wires, has 2 identical silver wires. Does it matter which one of the two light fitting wires I connect the mains one to?

of course it matters, if it didn't matter by vectron then what would the point be of electrician professionals? is there a) an instruction manual/info sheet B) a way to put the old one back on and call a professional at a reasonable hour. c) are they identical identical or are they just similar- beware of just assuming they are identical because as the classic Seagal film states, "asumption is the mother of all f**k ups"

by pressing on at this hour tired etc anyway you risk not necessarily a big bang -though I bet its a possibility but the scarier slow melting/fire risk.

of course it matters, if it didn't matter by vectron then what would the point be of electrician professionals? is there a) an instruction manual/info sheet B) a way to put the old one back on and call a professional at a reasonable hour. c) are they identical identical or are they just similar- beware of just assuming they are identical because as the classic Seagal film states, "asumption is the mother of all f**k ups"

by pressing on at this hour tired etc anyway you risk not necessarily a big bang -though I bet its a possibility but the scarier slow melting/fire risk.

Aye, I thought it would matter! Thats why I decided not to kill the electric. Its a B&Q thing, and the instructions correctly identify my design of ceiling rose, point out which mains wire means what, and then it tells me to plug the wire into the appropriately coloured light fitting. But the instruction sheet shows 2 wires of different shades. I swear, these are identical! I can't tell them apart.

Its been around 41 hours since I last slept though, and finally I am tired! So I'm going to go to bed, and by Vectron's giant baby rattle, I shall rise again to battle against the light tomorrow.

Didn't you get the memo? It was ruled illegal under Human Rights legislation on Monday. :P

It was worth it in the end, although my PTTGOYN is being denied a stonewall penalty that would have turned a well deserved point into possibly three. That would have been great, but as usual a ref fucks us.

When you're chatting to a girl at a party and you're both laughing, joking and smiling and things are going well. Oh, that's not a PTTGOMN. There's a 3rd wheel standing next to the pair of you, just saying nothing like a fucking lemon. "Eh excuse me, can I help you?". Now I'm not horrible so I never said that to him but for fucks sake can you not sort of take the hint and well....go away? HE ISN'T EVEN SAYING ANYTHING HE IS JUST STANDING THERE!!

I feel quite bad for thinking that but please tell me folk on here have had the same experience?

When you're chatting to a girl at a party and you're both laughing, joking and smiling and things are going well. Oh, that's not a PTTGOMN. There's a 3rd wheel standing next to the pair of you, just saying nothing like a fucking lemon. "Eh excuse me, can I help you?". Now I'm not horrible so I never said that to him but for fucks sake can you not sort of take the hint and well....go away? HE ISN'T EVEN SAYING ANYTHING HE IS JUST STANDING THERE!!

I feel quite bad for thinking that but please tell me folk on here have had the same experience?

Last night! I was sitting with the girl I was getting with on the couch and one lad in particular kept on trying to wedge himself into the side of the sofa.

Last night! I was sitting with the girl I was getting with on the couch and one lad in particular kept on trying to wedge himself into the side of the sofa.

Infuriating isn't it? Congrats on your conquest last night young Kutski. Most of my pulls are with girls I don't actually know that well, or girls I've just met that night. Last night it was girls I knew very well already and got on well with. Total no go. It just complicates things.

Oh! Another petty thing coming right up. Girls (and guys) that insist on getting upset at parties FOR NO REASON BUT TO DRAW ATTENTION TO THEMSELVES. Everything has to be a big fucking drama. One girl was crying her eyes out, and got her ex (who is a very good friend of ours) to tell us to change the subject of our conversation (we were standing accross the road from her) because we were talking about girls. Ie, girls that aren't her. JUST. f**k. OFF. My mates and myself are simply fed up with it. Every single party, another drama. Go away.

Infuriating isn't it? Congrats on your conquest last night young Kutski. Most of my pulls are with girls I don't actually know that well, or girls I've just met that night. Last night it was girls I knew very well already and got on well with. Total no go. It just complicates things.

Oh! Another petty thing coming right up. Girls (and guys) that insist on getting upset at parties FOR NO REASON BUT TO DRAW ATTENTION TO THEMSELVES. Everything has to be a big fucking drama. One girl was crying her eyes out, and got her ex (who is a very good friend of ours) to tell us to change the subject of our conversation (we were standing accross the road from her) because we were talking about girls. Ie, girls that aren't her. JUST. f**k. OFF. My mates and myself are simply fed up with it. Every single party, another drama. Go away.

A lassie that was there was doing that last night.

But then we went to another house and her and another lassie went on the trampoline and got their exceedingly large knockers out.

Good times.

Yeah, that's a right pain in the c**t. Don't want a good night out to end up like an episode of Hollyoaks.

PTTGOYN; I'm skint. I literally have a fiver to last me until the end of the month.

I hate drama when I'm drinking.

It seems to happen a lot these days. To be honest, I think I just need to ditch some old friends and bring back the "old Toma" and make some new ones.

New friends that also dislike drama when they're drinking.

I hate drama when I'm drinking.

It seems to happen a lot these days. To be honest, I think I just need to ditch some old friends and bring back the "old Toma" and make some new ones.

New friends that also dislike drama when they're drinking.

Aw, tell me about it Toma. The thing is the drama-milkers that I know aren't really "my friends", just people that my friends get on with. My friends themselves are fecking sick of it as well and can't wait to get away to uni and hopefully do the same as you're wanting to do, find new people who don't resort everything to a drama.