Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Dont you just hate when you think a rain storm is about to stop and you continue in whatever you were doing only to be drenched by the tail end of the storm. Still drying out now after 2 hours.

Green is the worst, by miles, terrible stuff.

The peach stuff is ganting. I once bought it instead of OJ because the colour is similar. The blue stuff tastes like anti-freeze, but when you get past the first couple of scoops your mouth because suitably numb and your insides suitably warm as that it almost becomes enjoyable.

'Purple Passion' is just the Holocaust in a bottle.

Why do supermarkets not sell your "outdoorsy" drinks, like Mad Dog, Frosty Jacks and the like?

Obviously there's a market for them, and you're not telling me that Asda are worried about getting a poor image, when they sell a 70cl of vodka for about £6.

Is that not the fucking Asda Price stuff though? It'd take the wallpaper clean off with so much as a whiff.

The peach stuff is ganting. I once bought it instead of OJ because the colour is similar. The blue stuff tastes like anti-freeze, but when you get past the first couple of scoops your mouth because suitably numb and your insides suitably warm as that it almost becomes enjoyable.

'Purple Passion' is just the Holocaust in a bottle.

Do you ever get the feeling that your local "independent retailer" buys in different flavours purely for your benefit?

I've never even heard of half of these!

Why do supermarkets not sell your "outdoorsy" drinks, like Mad Dog, Frosty Jacks and the like?

Obviously there's a market for them, and you're not telling me that Asda are worried about getting a poor image, when they sell a 70cl of vodka for about £6.

The Co-op in Aviemore sells Buckfast, and Carron Co-op sold MD once upon a time.

The Somerfields where I stayed sold Buckfast, Frosty Jacks, White Lightning, MD etc...

Do you ever get the feeling that your local "independent retailer" buys in different flavours purely for your benefit?

I've never even heard of half of these!

The probably do.

There are some 15 different flavours, though I think I've only ever sampled 7 or 8. I've looked high and low for the rest but fear they might not be exported from the U.S

'Red Grape Wine' is 18%. I want to get my hands on that bad boy.

Edited by Fudge

The Co-op in Aviemore sells Buckfast, and Carron Co-op sold MD once upon a time.

Buckfast seems to be the exception, strangely. You can buy it in Tesco in Stirling.

I've been having a look at this website for the last few minutes, and there's some stuff there I'd love to try. Particularly the Jaegermeister knock off, and the sadly discontinued, but wonderful sounding, "Lightning Creek".

I really just want to get ra after reading this. I always used to have an emergency bottle in the old flat as well :(

And by Vectron, I want to try some of these flavours, now! Its almost as exciting as when you go to a bar and see a massive range of aftershocks to mix and match from.

On another note, do you still get vodka jelly shots? Anyone remember when they were a bit of a craze a few years back?

And by Vectron, I want to try some of these flavours, now! Its almost as exciting as when you go to a bar and see a massive range of aftershocks to mix and match from.

Sometimes (only for a treat) we'd buy 5 or 6 different flavours and have a glass of each. It was sort of like a downmarket wine tasting evening. As we became more and more wasted our alleged expertise on the subject seemed to increase and we'd offer our own take on the flavours as if we were experts.

I bought my girlfriend a rarely seen flavoured bottle of MD as part of her anniversary present.

What a harry.

Buckfast is for cretins.

20/20 is for the connoisseur.

You probably believe that make believe numbers on the bottom of the bottle have something do do with that specific bottle's taste.

Edited by Fudge