Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Whilst I appreciate your importance in respect of the Nation's safety, Kilt, I am struggling with the concept that your arse would be nominated as a dedictated staff route.

In light of recent experiences, I'm up for anything I can get! :rolleyes:;)

I'm a young 36, and get pains in my leg when it rains due to a car crash/broken femur. You auld buggers are not exactly inspiring me for my 40's :(

I'm 30 and get an hellish pain in my left knee after getting it cut through to get a pin in my broken leg. The doc warned me about it though shortly after I broke my leg when I was 18.

Cheers Doc, no more playing 11's, big scars on my left leg and permanent pain for the rest of my days. Braw!

I'm a young 36, and get pains in my leg when it rains due to a car crash/broken femur. You auld buggers are not exactly inspiring me for my 40's :(
I'm 30 and get an hellish pain in my left knee after getting it cut through to get a pin in my broken leg. The doc warned me about it though shortly after I broke my leg when I was 18.

Cheers Doc, no more playing 11's, big scars on my left leg and permanent pain for the rest of my days. Braw!

I feel for you gentlemen, having a long standing ligament/cartilage problem in my left knee I often find myself in a fair bit of pain. I'm only 24 :bairn

It also means that I favour my right leg for walking and wear through my right shoe far quicker than the left. Which is annoying.

I feel for you gentlemen, having a long standing ligament/cartilage problem in my left knee I often find myself in a fair bit of pain. I'm only 24 :bairn

It also means that I favour my right leg for walking and wear through my right shoe far quicker than the left. Which is annoying.

I've had a problem with my right knee for years, which I'm told is fluid built up behind the patella.

Compounding this is my Achilles tendon in my right ankle which are fucked and intermittently robs me of the ability to put much weight on my foot.

And I'm only 24.

I did ligaments a few years back, and its left me with a crippled right knee. Its fine most of the time, but sometimes it just leaves me in absolute agony. I've been given all the stretches, which helps, but on long walks it can sometimes leave me walking like Long John Silver.

Im also 24.

I have similar ligament/cartilage problem in left knee, compounded by muscle wastage due to it never being properly fixed in the first place (some 17 years ago), and me favouring my right leg / walking with my foot pointed out to the side.

Currently back at physio and if things don't improve it is kneecap removed, or knee replacement surgery.

Walk like a cripple some days. pain that can reduce me to near tears some mornings, and only in my 30s,

God knows what I'll be like if I make it to be a pensioner.

Edited by MEADOWXI

I have similar ligament/cartilage problem in left knee, compounded by muscle wastage due to it never being properly fixed in the first place (some 17 years ago), and me favouring my right leg / walking with my foot pointed out to the side.

Currently back at physio and if things don't improve it is kneecap removed, or knee replacement surgery.

Walk like a cripple some days. pain that can reduce me to near tears some mornings, and only in my 30s,

God knows what I'll be like if I make it to be a pensioner.

Mines not quite that bad, I presume because I never seriously lost the muscle tone when it happened. Thankfuly, I was only laid up for a few weeks before I was back in the pool and the muscle is reasonably solid.

Mines not quite that bad, I presume because I never seriously lost the muscle tone when it happened. Thankfuly, I was only laid up for a few weeks before I was back in the pool and the muscle is reasonably solid.

Had 6 months off in 1998 (only up side was I was signed off the morning of the Scotland V Brazil world cup opening game - enjoyed that tournament, saw every game) and was off as knee cap had slipped as had lost about 6cm of muscle size on the inside of my knee, leaving the kneecap in the wrong place.

What a bunch of crokes we are.

Had 6 months off in 1998 (only up side was I was signed off the morning of the Scotland V Brazil world cup opening game - enjoyed that tournament, saw every game) and was off as knee cap had slipped as had lost about 6cm of muscle size on the inside of my knee, leaving the kneecap in the wrong place.

What a bunch of crokes we are.

That sounds far worse than mine, I ended up in a fair bit of pain after a swimming training session (which that morning mostly involved running around a car park) but being a 14 year old testosterone ridden baw bag I never sought advice for a couple of weeks and just compounded the damage. I might regret that on some days.

We really should start a support group. Cripples unite!

Edited by lzreid

We need a dedicated thread and Mod.............

Agreed, although I'm not so sure about a Mod. I mean what could be offensive or controversial about a bunch of middle-aged blokes moaning about their aches and pains, the youth of today, the rising cost of surgical appliances and having 'senior moments'? :rolleyes:

Speaking of which, I think it was you that I recommended Relaxation Station to. Further details below...

post-1053-1239793361_thumb.jpg

post-1053-1239793426_thumb.jpg

post-1053-1239793459_thumb.jpg

...and they have a mobile service that can come to your workplace.

And if it wasn't you, Capy, put it down to my senility! :(

That sounds far worse than mine, I ended up in a fair bit of pain after a swimming training session (which that morning mostly involved running around a car park) but being a 14 year old testosterone ridden baw bag I never sought advice for a couple of weeks and just compounded the damage. I might regret that on some days.

We really should start a support group. Cripples unite!

Support Group - 'Crutches Required' :D

Meetings to be held at very long notice to allow us to get there.

Ive dislocated both my knees and was told if I had ANY problems, I had to go back for surgery. Had lots of problems...aint been back.

Im only 20. ZING.

:lol::P

Welcome to Crutches Required. We meet once every 6-8 months (hospital appointments permitting) where we will discuss the latest inovative hand rail and pass comment on bath seats.

It was me bt its just my finger.Do i still get put over a chair by a nice lady??

:lol: Providing you pay the going rate, yes! ;)

Incidentally, during a rugby game a player was flattened and the physio ran on.

'Where does it hurt son?'

'Everywhere I touch, my leg, my back, my head.....'

'You 've broken yer finger son!'

:rolleyes::lol:

:lol: Providing you pay the going rate, yes! ;)

Incidentally, during a rugby game a player was flattened and the physio ran on.

'Where does it hurt son?'

'Everywhere I touch, my leg, my back, my head.....'

'You 've broken yer finger son!'

:rolleyes::lol:

:lol: that's genius.

Ive dislocated both my knees and was told if I had ANY problems, I had to go back for surgery. Had lots of problems...aint been back.

Im only 20. ZING.

:lol::P

I think they should tell everyone that they might need surgery, because it worked for me too.

"That was a bad dislocation, if there's any more pain or discomfort I want you back in for surgery."

"IT'S FINE DOC, HONEST!"

No pain since. Except, I can't sleep with one arm above my head, but that's not really a massive hindrance in everyday life.

Compulsory e-learning courses we have been told to take. I've just done the Diversity course and navigating through the tutorial was a nightmare and it bloody well cheated.

I got asked to identify the core elements of equality & diversity as promoted within the Home Office, out of a choice of 6 options. I knew five were correct and one was not, so I selected the five rights answers and pressed the 'submit' icon. Back it comes with 'Sorry, that's not quite right' and has deleted one of my answers.

YES IT IS FUCKING CORRECT, YOU CHEATING BASTARD - I WAS AN EQUALITY & DIVERSITY ADVISER FOR THREE FUCKING YEARS AND KNOW THIS STUFF BACKWARDS.........AAAAAAAGGGGGHH! :angry::angry: *

*Smashes head off the keyboard in frustration* :(