Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

Costa coffee, specifically their demand that if you order coffee in your own re-useable cup, you must screw a lid on the cup before taking your tray to a table. Apparently, it’s to stop customers sueing Costa, should you spill your hot coffee and burn yourself. On being asked to screw tops on my cups, I politely pointed out that every sit-in Costa coffee is served in one of their own china cups, no top, no way of putting a top on it. The latte cups are tall glass ones, filled to the brim. If anything, the danger of being burned is from their own cups, mugs.... not my re-useable cup... which I am carrying all of five feet from the till to my table. Fcuking world has gone mad.

I think that’s more a sad indictment on today’s society, rather than fault of Costa, as they’ve clearly been sued for exactly that and are now forced into making people screw the lids on at the till.

25 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

c***s who take their own cups in to Costa Coffee when they're sitting at a table, and whine about having to screw the lid down, holding everyone up.

Harsh. I would commend anyone using reusable cups (even if sitting in doesn’t really help with the reduction in single use materials).

8 hours ago, LondonHMFC said:

Against my better judgement, agreed to a weekend camping with the Mrs and some of her pals. On the whole her mates are sound enough, a couple of the guys going enjoy a good drink, so I was quite looking forward to that. 

Last night I am added to a "Camping Woo Woo" group chat on WhatsApp. I am already sceptical. Then one of the girls makes the comment "Apologies in advance if the baby keeps anyone up". I looked at my Mrs, and asked on clarification as to what the f**k was going on. Apparently this couple are going to be taking their nine month old baby on this trip. The Mum is a proper Instagram Mum, putting up a daily comment on how her sweetness and joy farts rainbows. 

When someone asked who was taking what drink, the Mum replied "we don't really like drinking with the baby". I can tell I am going to be told to "slow down" after my second Tennents.

I just can't fathom why the f**k you would take your baby. I have just booked Monday off work, so I can have a day of peace to myself, after what is going to be an utterly shite weekend. 

Ask them if they're taking anti-dingo spray with them.

51 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I think that’s more a sad indictment on today’s society, rather than fault of Costa, as they’ve clearly been sued for exactly that and are now forced into making people screw the lids on at the till.

Harsh. I would commend anyone using reusable cups (even if sitting in doesn’t really help with the reduction in single use materials).

I had a laugh with the guy serving me, he was only doing what he’s been told. I promised him I wouldn’t sue. My point though is that Costa have a policy of asking customers who provide their own cups to screw lids on before walking away with their drinks. The reason I was told is to avoid customers sueing them should they spill their hot drink, and burn themselves. I simply do not understand. We all know what a standard Costa cup (as provided by them to the customer) looks like. It has a handle, it’s white, it has a Costa logo on it, and they do not have lids, the ability to screw a lid on. Costa are handing these death traps to customers.

If anyone was going to sue Costa then surely the only reason for doing it, would be if a Costa staff member spilt it over you, threw it over you, or one of the company provided vessels for containing a hot drink, developed a fault, cracked, broke, and you were burned.

If you rack up with your own cup, surely to goodness, if anything happens, Costa would be well within their rights to tell you to go fcuk yersel’, should you even think about taking legal action. I’d fully expect to be told to get myself tae’ fcuk.

I really do not get this, not a jot.

2 hours ago, pozbaird said:

I had a laugh with the guy serving me, he was only doing what he’s been told. I promised him I wouldn’t sue. My point though is that Costa have a policy of asking customers who provide their own cups to screw lids on before walking away with their drinks. The reason I was told is to avoid customers sueing them should they spill their hot drink, and burn themselves. I simply do not understand. We all know what a standard Costa cup (as provided by them to the customer) looks like. It has a handle, it’s white, it has a Costa logo on it, and they do not have lids, the ability to screw a lid on. Costa are handing these death traps to customers.

If anyone was going to sue Costa then surely the only reason for doing it, would be if a Costa staff member spilt it over you, threw it over you, or one of the company provided vessels for containing a hot drink, developed a fault, cracked, broke, and you were burned.

If you rack up with your own cup, surely to goodness, if anything happens, Costa would be well within their rights to tell you to go fcuk yersel’, should you even think about taking legal action. I’d fully expect to be told to get myself tae’ fcuk.

I really do not get this, not a jot.

But that is exactly my point, I completely agree they should tell people to get to f**k, but clearly they must have been stung with it before or they wouldn’t be forced into making customers score the lid on.

Having to have an utterly pointless phone call to a parent about their child/my student.

45 minutes of my life wasted listening to “mother” without a single opportunity to actually say what happened.

In my day I’d have been “telt” at home as soon as they kent I’d fucked up and that would be that.

On 11/09/2019 at 10:02, Harry Briscoe said:

Reminds me of a new start at work. I had created a folder on the network for her in advance thinking her name was Lyndsey. You should have heard the grief and indignation, "That's no me! my name's Lynsey" as if it was some kind of personal insult.

I'm with Lyndsey on this one, tbh

21 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Student discounts.

Not the discounts per se, the fact that when I was a tax dodger in Aberdeen there were f*ck all student discounts apart from a quid off a plate of spag bol in Radars.

Now that the wee shites have come back from the hols you see ads for student discounts everywhere in Edinburgh right now. I feel like getting a fake student ID card because I missed out all those years ago.

Aye, but at least we didn't leave third education thousands of pounds in debt.

16 hours ago, NJ2 said:

Seeing old, doddery boys kick up fuss about putting on lids then spill half their brew down the front of them only to blame the poor barista. Boils my pish tbqhwy.

And his too, probably...

1 hour ago, Tynierose said:

I'm on the train going towards our capital and some yank w**k just asked are we getting into Edi yet.

I just puked.  I hope they end up in a pub with a Begbie to greet them.  c***s.

Presumably he read it off the airport tag on his luggage.

(Or was that the joke? Don't bother posting a picture of Rainier Wolfcastle if it was.)

Edited by GordonD

18 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Graphic “Designers”

I had to order some new business cards for a highly important conference next week.  I have to get them through the work and the wifie sent back a proof as follows:

Company
Department
Job Title
Name
Email
Phone number

What the f**k?  I asked her to at least put my name up top.

“Sorry, that’s the design template we use”