Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

14 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Just went to the shop, scanned all the stuff through self checkout then realised I'd left my bank card in the house. 

I've just filled my car up with fuel, went to pay using Samsung Pay on my phone but completely blanked and forgot my PIN. I use it everyday and I still can't remember it. Luckily the garage (servo @Melanius Mullarkey) is 2 mins from my house. 

Eta: I've just re-tried it 2 hours later using the PIN I tried twice at the garage and it's worked. The f**k is going on? 

Edited by Dee Man

16 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

I've just filled my car up with fuel, went to pay using Samsung Pay on my phone but completely blanked and forgot my PIN. I use it everyday and I still can't remember it. Luckily the garage (servo @Melanius Mullarkey) is 2 mins from my house. 

Image result for harold bishop gif

4 hours ago, Dee Man said:

Eta: I've just re-tried it 2 hours later using the PIN I tried twice at the garage and it's worked. The f**k is going on? 

I had the police at the door last year as someone matching my description (for it was me) had driven off without paying for their fuel at the local petrol station. Think I must have paid for my wine gums etc and told them I didn't have any fuel. 

Anyway, is flashing your phone around near petrol a good ideal? 

2 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

The name Alastair/Alasdair/Alastair/Alistair/Aleister/Alister/you get the idea.

See also Lindsey/Lindsay/Lyndsey/Lyndsay/Lynsay/Lindzi/Linzi

I have seen all of these used

6 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

I had the police at the door last year as someone matching my description (for it was me) had driven off without paying for their fuel at the local petrol station. Think I must have paid for my wine gums etc and told them I didn't have any fuel. 

Anyway, is flashing your phone around near petrol a good ideal? 

I hope they finally caught up with Noel Fielding.

6 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

The name Alastair/Alasdair/Alastair/Alistair/Aleister/Alister/you get the idea.

My ex husband was Alasdair 

Mu ex boyfriend was Alastair

And my psychiatrist is another one of the other spellings. 

The radio.  In particular news item, documentaries etc where the producers feel the need to add in sound effects to "set the scene".

"Crunch crunch crunch", "Im walking through the woods here where blah blah blah.."

"Splish splosh splash", " Im here at the seaside where blah blah blah...."

"Fuk the feenyins/orange b*****ds", "Im here at Rangers v Celtic game where blah blah blah...."

Just now, Melanius Mullarkey said:

The radio.  In particular news item, documentaries etc where the producers feel the need to add in sound effects to "set the scene".

"Crunch crunch crunch", "Im walking through the woods here where blah blah blah.."

"Splish splosh splash", " Im here at the seaside where blah blah blah...."

"Fuk the feenyins/orange b*****ds", "Im here at Rangers v Celtic game where blah blah blah...."

I was with you until the last one.

That would clearly be dead air, then the volume on the presenter's mic turned back up for them to speak.