Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Getting gassed is mint.

Being a parent is a big responsibility and your children should always come first.

I can accommodate both of these truths.

It’s like the debate on having cartoons on your phone for your kids when out in public and people shouldn’t be so quick to judge others because parents need a break as well and should still enjoy themselves.

As I said I was out with her for 4 hours yesterday and that was after having been up with her since 630, we went for a loop round Stockbridge then Broughton street and back down leith walk and stopped at 3 playparks on our day out as well as the botanical gardens and a picnic at the duck pond (where i had my first can of IPA). I hadn’t planned on stopping at a pub but one of my friends was there on a table outside Hectors so I couldn’t resist, the pint I had there barely touched the sides and I was out of there within 10 minutes whilst my daughter snacked on quavers. I then walked to leith walk and treated myself to one more there before buying another IPA tin which was consumed at pilrig park whilst my daughter charged about like a headless chicken before returning home to find the mrs in the exact same slumped position as she was when we left.

So to summarise, I was looking after her by myself for 9 hours, 4 of those hours were spent on our day out which we covered 14000 steps, visited 3x playpark, 1x botanical garden and 1x duck pond where we had a picnic. I consumed 4 beers in this period which averages at 1 beer an hour and spent maybe 20 minutes at most at 2 different pubs whilst she sat in her pram happily taking on the surroundings. Both of us got what we wanted from our day out and had a great time, but apparently that isn’t enough for sanctimonious little dele boy so let’s contact social services and let them know ASAP, I’m sure even the most hardened of employees there would be most horrified. I could have drank that much beer within 60 seconds and still be able to stand on my head and solve a Rubix cube behind my back FFS.

13 minutes ago, throbber said:

It’s like the debate on having cartoons on your phone for your kids when out in public and people shouldn’t be so quick to judge others because parents need a break as well and should still enjoy themselves.

As I said I was out with her for 4 hours yesterday and that was after having been up with her since 630, we went for a loop round Stockbridge then Broughton street and back down leith walk and stopped at 3 playparks on our day out as well as the botanical gardens and a picnic at the duck pond (where i had my first can of IPA). I hadn’t planned on stopping at a pub but one of my friends was there on a table outside Hectors so I couldn’t resist, the pint I had there barely touched the sides and I was out of there within 10 minutes whilst my daughter snacked on quavers. I then walked to leith walk and treated myself to one more there before buying another IPA tin which was consumed at pilrig park whilst my daughter charged about like a headless chicken before returning home to find the mrs in the exact same slumped position as she was when we left.

So to summarise, I was looking after her by myself for 9 hours, 4 of those hours were spent on our day out which we covered 14000 steps, visited 3x playpark, 1x botanical garden and 1x duck pond where we had a picnic. I consumed 4 beers in this period which averages at 1 beer an hour and spent maybe 20 minutes at most at 2 different pubs whilst she sat in her pram happily taking on the surroundings. Both of us got what we wanted from our day out and had a great time, but apparently that isn’t enough for sanctimonious little dele boy so let’s contact social services and let them know ASAP, I’m sure even the most hardened of employees there would be most horrified. I could have drank that much beer within 60 seconds and still be able to stand on my head and solve a Rubix cube behind my back FFS.

Can I just add that IPA is fucking shite and that is the only point at which I feel let down by you here. 

Can I just add that IPA is fucking shite and that is the only point at which I feel let down by you here. 

They were the only cans that I could buy as singles and I never had a bottle opener. I would normally drink cans of bud.

Our next door neighbours have started chucking any cat poo they find in their garden out onto the road - it's a dead end so there's no through traffic to churn it up so it just sits there.

Bizarrely their grandchildren live opposite and play out on the street.

I've picked it up a couple of times but I'm leaving the latest additions 

Me: throbber gets too hard a time in here, people should stop picking on him, I’m going to post in his defence.

Throbber: I would normally drink cans of bud

Me: *starts DM group to co-ordinate bullying throbber*

3 hours ago, throbber said:

I hadn’t planned on stopping at a pub but one of my friends was there on a table outside Hectors so I couldn’t resist, the pint I had there barely touched the sides and I was out of there within 10 minutes whilst my daughter snacked on quavers. I then walked to leith walk and treated myself to one more there before buying another IPA tin which was consumed at pilrig park before going back for my daughter whom I'd accidentally left outside the first pub.

FTFY

I was speaking about people who have their family, friends etc look after their kid all the time so they can go and get drunk etc. Obviously once every so often is fine but I know quite a few people who have had children and used their families as a baby sitting service in Order to carry on the same way they did before children.

There is a distinct possibility that I just know some very selfish people or that I’m more likely to remember selfish behaviour than non-selfish behaviour.

Whilst I somewhat agree with your opinion, you often come across as a massive bore.
Seems to be the answer tbh.

4 hours ago, Ned Nederlander said:

Our next door neighbours have started chucking any cat poo they find in their garden out onto the road - it's a dead end so there's no through traffic to churn it up so it just sits there.

Bizarrely their grandchildren live opposite and play out on the street.

I've picked it up a couple of times but I'm leaving the latest additions 

So your neighbours are shit flinging gibbons.. don't support an OF team do they?