Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

It’s all about moderation of course, think she has been hungover 4 times since she’s become a parent 17 months ago so it’s really not that bad and not selfish as I don’t mind doing parenting duties alone. I really just can’t stand watching her lying around the flat hungover when it’s so warm outside, she took her dressing gown through to the couch and landed herself there unable to do much other than lifting her drink of water to her mouth and occasionally excusing herself to be sick, it’s horrible to be around and she should be thoroughly ashamed of herself.

I was out for 4 hours with the child though at various parks and ended up having 2 pints at different watering holes and a couple of tinnies in the park with our makeshift picnic and by the time I got home the heavens had opened so it was a great day for myself.

1 minute ago, throbber said:

Ah yes having a couple of beers on a Saturday afternoon, what a fucking wild fantasy that is.

Calm down, I said almost. 

Since you've come out swinging though then let it be known, if your stories of taking your baby out and drinking pints in the pub and tinnies in the park and abandoning her with strangers at public toilets are true then I sincerely hope for your daughters sake that social services get involved and you've a hard neck to complain about anyone's behaviour doing anything. 

Calm down, I said almost. 
Since you've come out swinging though then let it be known, if your stories of taking your baby out and drinking pints in the pub and tinnies in the park and abandoning her with strangers at public toilets are true then I sincerely hope for your daughters sake that social services get involved and you've a hard neck to complain about anyone's behaviour doing anything. 

You are blowing my actions way out of context you absolute Helen Lovejoy. Stop bothering me.

It was you who started the discussion with me, Walter. 

It was you who came out with your usual “didn’t happen” patter before wildly distorting my stories to try and make me out to be a Gerry McCann though. Involving social services because I had a couple of beers on a Saturday afternoon [emoji23][emoji23]

3 minutes ago, throbber said:

It was you who came out with your usual “didn’t happen” patter before wildly distorting my stories to try and make me out to be a Gerry McCann though. Involving social services because I had a couple of beers on a Saturday afternoon emoji23.pngemoji23.png

Again, it was you who quoted me. I replied to Elgin. I haven't 'distorted' your stories in the slightest and it can be seen by your posts, under your username, that all I've done is repeat what you said.

Strange that I never compared your behaviour to anyone but you instantly go to Gerry McCann as a starting point. 

I stand by the social services comment. One final time - if your stories are true (which to be fair, I highly doubt (and hope)) then you're an abhorrent individual and father.

Thanks mate - unfortunately I don’t take life advice of sad little virgins on the internet who can’t stay away from a forum that they are repeatedly banned from - how many accounts is this you’re on now? And you were slating flyboy the other day for creating numerous accounts as well!

Yup, up go the deflector shields again. "Can't stay away from a forum" is another minter for you considering you come here with your fairytales to get some attention. Apparently in between your alcoholism and complaining about your unhealthy relationship with your partner. 

If you can't handle folk pulling you up for things you write on the forum, you probably shouldn't write them on the forum. Lord knows you roll around in it when it's something humorous and gets you praise. 

Consider my advice and this exchange at an end.

Your sincerely,

Sad little virgin from the Internet.

11 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Getting drunk and requiring a full day to recover when you’ve got a child is pretty selfish behaviour.

I also know some people with children who do the “it’s my weekend to get drunk” thing, seems bizarre to me. If you have a child your life is going to change, you have responsibility for your child and that takes precedence. I can’t stand hearing parents talk with something approaching pride about how they fobbed their kid off onto s grandparent or aunt so they could go and drink.

It’s probably to do with the drink obsessed culture we have, or more accurately a drunk-obsesssed culture, where people in their 30s and 40s drink like 16 year olds and boast about getting drunk.

The only answer is to bring back hanging, the birch and cold showers in school IMO.

Whilst I somewhat agree with your opinion, you often come across as a massive bore.

If you’re doing it regularly maybe then yeah, but I think the above is incredibly self-righteous if you’re saying parents having grandparents look after their child for a night so they can go out is something you “can’t stand”.
Once you have a child, should you never leave the house again unless it’s with your child to do a daytime activity?

I was speaking about people who have their family, friends etc look after their kid all the time so they can go and get drunk etc. Obviously once every so often is fine but I know quite a few people who have had children and used their families as a baby sitting service in Order to carry on the same way they did before children.

There is a distinct possibility that I just know some very selfish people or that I’m more likely to remember selfish behaviour than non-selfish behaviour.

Whilst I somewhat agree with your opinion, you often come across as a massive bore.

I am pretty boring tbh. I like it though. The other week I had the house to myself all afternoon and I watched a documentary on the Punic Wars that I had recorded months ago, it was excellent.

We don’t want a world full of me.