• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
well fan for life

Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Not realising how much crap you have until you start packing to move house. 

Done this very recently. I thought I would need a couple of days max to flit, took a month. Absolute nightmare. You have my sympathies.

Pretty sure this has been mentioned on this thread before but, leaving cards for people who've been employed with the company for less than a year. Fucking ludicrous.

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

People constantly talking about food.  What they've eaten, what they'd like to eat, what they might eat tomorrow.  I don't care.

I really don't care.

This.

A particular hate of mine is when somebody has been for a meal in a restaurant and insists on telling you what they, and everybody else, had to eat.

4 minutes ago, GordonD said:

This.

A particular hate of mine is when somebody has been for a meal in a restaurant and insists on telling you what they, and everybody else, had to eat.

My maw used to be horrendous for this.

"How was your lunch with [whatever friend/relative]?"

"It was lovely, we went to [shite overrated city centre place] because we had a voucher. She had the soup of the day, which was [hipster vegan pish], which came with half a sourdough, and one of those small packets of butter. Kerrygold, I think it was. No, it was that one with the salt crystals. I had the club sandwich, which came with Heinz mayonnaise rather than than Hellman's"

This point of the story was usually a good 5 minutes before she started shouting down the phone because she had clocked that I had put the phone down and fucked off to do something else. This shouting preceded the shouting about "Well you did ask" when I point out that the answer I wanted was "it was nice" or "it wasn't great".

14 minutes ago, GordonD said:

This.

Worse when it's a mate who suddenly becomes a restaurant critic. You get a rundown on the decor, drinks list and then the full breakdown of standard of food. " The sea bass was perfect and the asparagus froth was a nice touch". Wait until they have stopped then describe the pie or bridie you had at the fitba. 

19 minutes ago, GordonD said:

This.

I don't know if it's yet another modern day phenomenon that's left me behind, but I sit in disbelief as I read whatsapp groups with my mates, constantly updating each other on their food intake.

Photos, plans, reviews, all over mediocre, everyday food.  I find it staggering.

Feck thon, I will never move again, I'm dying here.

9 hours ago, superwell87 said:

Is your signature supposed to be like this?

Hold your head high when you win, Higher when you loose

Parents/grandparentd who let their children do stuff like climb up slides at the soft play.

Not a huge deal, but my 1 year old doesnt understand why she isnt allowed to do it, while some arsehole stands and watches their spawn do it from directly under the sign saying not to

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Parents/grandparentd who let their children do stuff like climb up slides at the soft play.

Not a huge deal, but my 1 year old doesnt understand why she isnt allowed to do it, while some arsehole stands and watches their spawn do it from directly under the sign saying not to

And who would take legal action if it fell and hurt itself.

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

It's only a matter of time until your kid witnesses said hellspawn smacking their teeth in or getting wiped out by "a big boy" and they will come to trust you more. 

If it looks like this isn't happening by itself, take steps to ensure that it does. 

58 minutes ago, GordonD said:

And who would take legal action if it fell and hurt itself.

Unusually for this occasion we arent talking the usual scumbags that set their feral brood off the leash and sit on their fat betrackied arses whining about one thing or another... Worst offender was a (presumably) a grandfather. Very attentive to the bairn etc, but still happy to just watch as they ran up and down a slide other bairns are trying to use. 

Self centred c***s like this do my head right in. I'm not at places like that to make pals, just to play with my own kids and have fun, but do your tiny wee bit to make sure everyone else can enjoy it without the awkwardness of your kid misbehaving and not checking them ffs

Sounds like Playzone in Inverness.  Respectable looking parents telling their spawn off if they step put of line, whilst the fucking jakies with their 7 kids all sit at the side talking and swearing loudly while Chantelle and Jayden run riot, throwing the toys at other kids and almost all the balls from the ball pit end up in the cafe across the room.

9 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

People constantly talking about food.  What they've eaten, what they'd like to eat, what they might eat tomorrow.  I don't care.

I really don't care.

That piece of halibut was good enough for Jehovah...

Just now, mathematics said:

People who say (or type, if online) weet woo, to show the pleasure of someone’s appearance.

They sound like a proper hoot.

1 hour ago, mathematics said:

People who say (or type, if online) weet woo, to show the pleasure of someone’s appearance.

Woof