Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:
10 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:
Mcdonalds milkshakes are undrinkable through those new paper straws. The straws end up a soggy mess.

Buy one. Buy a metal straw to take with you then instead of being a mewling little phud in this case.

Or, just don't go to an absolute hole like McDonald's. 

10 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

Mcdonalds milkshakes are undrinkable through those new paper straws. The straws end up a soggy mess.

Come 12 September you won’t need a straw.

https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/fp/brexit-party-leader-nigel-farage-coming-to-dundee-for-rally-at-caird-hall/

Folk (my dad in this case) who think you should turn into a mechanic/solicitor/plumber when something happens.

For example, my boiler is playing up, the lights look like a Christmas tree at the moment, flashing like fuck, and there's no hot water.  Queue my dad giving it the 'have you checked the flu isnt blocked? Have you tried to see if the pressure needs altered?'

Funnily enough no I haven't, because I'm not a fucking CORGI registered plumber dad.  In the same way I don't start taking my fucking engine apart in the driveway when my car won't start, because I'm not a fucking mechanic.  Another example of his of when I should start using my imaginary trade.

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

Folk (my dad in this case) who think you should turn into a mechanic/solicitor/plumber when something happens.

For example, my boiler is playing up, the lights look like a Christmas tree at the moment, flashing like f**k, and there's no hot water.  Queue my dad giving it the 'have you checked the flu isnt blocked? Have you tried to see if the pressure needs altered?'

Funnily enough no I haven't, because I'm not a fucking CORGI registered plumber dad.  In the same way I don't start taking my fucking engine apart in the driveway when my car won't start, because I'm not a fucking mechanic.  Another example of his of when I should start using my imaginary trade.

That's relief because it's been Gas Safe registered for years .

6 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

For example, my boiler is playing up, the lights look like a Christmas tree at the moment, flashing like f**k, and there's no hot water.  Queue my dad giving it the 'have you checked the flu isnt blocked? Have you tried to see if the pressure needs altered?'

Do either of you turn into someone who can read the Faults page of the operating manual?

8 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Do either of you turn into someone who can read the Faults page of the operating manual?

Ignoring your VL-like tone, I forgot to mention, yes I did try the quick fixes in the boiler manual.  Actually made it worse on this occasion;  the lights are flashing even more frequently.

4 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Ignoring your VL-like tone, I forgot to mention, yes I did try the quick fixes in the boiler manual.  Actually made it worse on this occasion;  the lights are flashing even more frequently.

homer.png.5df9897535b59f786eafd51534b3b743.png

time to start pulling (steady) a Homer..

Since I took my (Samsung) phone to Norway, any use of an 'ae' in chrome, FB, WhatsApp etc etc appears in the Norwegian style where they're joined to form a single character. 
Hunted high and low for a setting to change this for over a year now, which has been a completely fruitless effort. 
Guessing you've already tried going to 'language and input' in the settings?
The on screen keyboard settings in there has a reset too.

Other than that I'd download another keyboard. That way at least you'll know if its the phone or keyboard thats the issue.

On 18/07/2019 at 09:20, Hedgecutter said:

Since I took my (Samsung) phone to Norway, any use of an 'ae' in chrome, FB, WhatsApp etc etc appears in the Norwegian style where they're joined to form a single character. 

Hunted high and low for a setting to change this for over a year now, which has been a completely fruitless effort. 

I can answer your question.

The a and e joined together to form æ is called a typographic ligature.

As to how you fix it, no idea, sorry.

3 hours ago, GordonD said:

I can answer your question.

The a and e joined together to form æ is called a typographic ligature.

As to how you fix it, no idea, sorry.

^^^^ not a Marxist.

8 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Have you been paying your gas bills?

8 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Young people are fucking gormless.

40 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Young people are fucking gormless.

Take it you would have fixed by fucked boiler in 2 minutes old bean?