Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

43 minutes ago, Rugster said:

People who whistle. Continually.

In fact, people who make any type of un-necessary noise, by doing anything.

We had a new start in here two weeks ago, she clearly fancies herself as a singer, but doesn't know all the words to songs so fills it in with "diddly-dee" type noises, like some sort of fucked up Ned Flanders. Her current favourite being Lewis Capaldi - "I wish that I was good enough, ba-doo-be-dee-ba-doo-be-daaa". Infuriating.

We had a new start in here two weeks ago, she clearly fancies herself as a singer, but doesn't know all the words to songs so fills it in with "diddly-dee" type noises, like some sort of fucked up Ned Flanders. Her current favourite being Lewis Capaldi - "I wish that I was good enough, ba-doo-be-dee-ba-doo-be-daaa". Infuriating.

Wondered what the gloves lad was up to these days.

1 hour ago, Rugster said:

People who whistle. Continually.

In fact, people who make any type of un-necessary noise, by doing anything.

My wife and I go out walking regularly.  When we have a conversation anyone else would struggle to hear it.

Too often we will be walking in front of or behind other folk who feel the need to hold their conversations at a volume that anyone within 10 yards can hear.

They are usually the sort of people who talk constantly and talk about matters of no consequence.

Happens at the beach/pool on holiday too.

5 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

My wife and I go out walking regularly.  When we have a conversation anyone else would struggle to hear it.

Too often we will be walking in front of or behind other folk who feel the need to hold their conversations at a volume that anyone within 10 yards can hear.

They are usually the sort of people who talk constantly and talk about matters of no consequence.

Also in restaurants as well. That is more than a petty thing, people who talk loudly are arseholes, without exception.

6 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Since I took my (Samsung) phone to Norway, any use of an 'ae' in chrome, FB, WhatsApp etc etc appears in the Norwegian style where they're joined to form a single character. 

Hunted high and low for a setting to change this for over a year now, which has been a completely fruitless effort. 

you want to take a look through one of those big, really extensive reference books that has the answer to all manner of vexing questions - name escapes me for the moment.... 

25 minutes ago, Herman Hessian said:

you want to take a look through one of those big, really extensive reference books that has the answer to all manner of vexing questions - name escapes me for the moment.... 

Screenshot_20190718-233545_Chrome.jpg

5 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

If only your boss had read P&B as he'd have known that she'd have punched your lights out and left you in a crumpled heap had things actually got physical. 

While this is no doubt the case, it seems ridiculous that it's you that's throwing around this sort of accusation.

You against Dee Man at Ruel St would be the quickest double knockout in history

37 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

While this is no doubt the case, it seems ridiculous that it's you that's throwing around this sort of accusation.

*DING DING*

"ROUND ONE"

HalfScaryAmberpenshell-max-1mb.gif

7 hours ago, Dee Man said:

Falsely accuse you of assault in my experience...

I had my trailer blocked by two cars in Aberdeen a few years back so I had to contact the police who contacted their employer who told them to get them shifted. As it turned out both of them worked in the same office. The first one appears about an hour after my call and couldn't have been more apologetic - "I'm really sorry mate, I thought the trailer would be sat there all day so that's why I parked there. By the way, just be careful of the woman that owns the other car, she's a right nippy sweety". About 20 minutes later this thing comes swaggering round the corner as I'm standing there waiting - "Are you the guy that's hauled me out my work to move my car?"

- "Aye that's right, I was supposed to have left Aberdeen about an hour and a half ago but you've blocked me in".

- "Well if that's your attitude I think I'll just leave it there".

- **that escalated quicker than I expected**  "You can leave it there all you want but when you come back it'll have 4 flat tyres and be scratched to f**k".

She loses the plot and starts going mental, jumps in her car and wheelspins away. 

About 20 minutes later as I'm leaving Aberdeen my boss phones me to ask if I just assaulted that woman. 

- "Haha, very good".

- "I'm serious - did you?"

- ":huh: What? No. What are you talking about?"

Turns out she had phoned the police and accused me of punching her on the shoulder. 

Evil little vindictive witch. I'm seething just thinking about it. 

Hopefully this ended on her getting a very stern talking too from the law when people realised what a big pile of shite it was?

Worth mentioning it's not a good thing for her to get a reputation of lying to the police.

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

The only time I’ve been dropped was when I accidentally hit myself in the head with the axe last year when chopping wood. And when I hit my head on a mind your head sign in a nightclub in Dundee. And when an ex hit me with a golf club. Don’t think another actual man has dropped me though. 

5 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

The only time I’ve been dropped was when I accidentally hit myself in the head with the axe last year when chopping wood. And when I hit my head on a mind your head sign in a nightclub in Dundee. And when an ex hit me with a golf club. Don’t think another actual man has dropped me though. 

See the source image