Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

2 hours ago, Deontay WildPar said:

In a similar vein to above, taxis (of the private hire variety) in Edinburgh that have come from outwith Edinburgh and have their phone number on the side with no area code. Eg "Call Shug's Taxis 771 771". Don't know why this annoys me so much but leaves me in a seething mess. 

They just drive about attending imaginary calls for money laundering purposes.

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

PAfter getting on a flight from Dundee to Stansted this morning, I’m now in a fucking taxi between Norwich and Stansted airport having circled around in the air for 2 hours.

f**k you fog.

There are more questions than answers here. Were you trying to get to Norwich? Did the plane land there instead of Stanstead? 

Dundee to Stansted to get to a meeting in London.  Not worth getting the train in from Norwich (2 hours) so went back to Stansted into the lounge. 

Fucking taxi got pulled in by the Essex filth and we (and most cars coming into the airport) got nobbed for £35 for not wearing a seatbelt in the back. 

Utter fucking shitshow of a day.

2 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Dundee to Stansted to get to a meeting in London.  Not worth getting the train in from Norwich (2 hours) so went back to Stansted into the lounge. 

Fucking taxi got pulled in by the Essex filth and we (and most cars coming into the airport) got nobbed for £35 for not wearing a seatbelt in the back. 

So did you miss the meeting and just go to Stansted to wait for your flight back?

41 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Why weren't you wearing your seatbelt?

42 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

A fantastic use of police resources (revenue fleecing) I'm sure you will agree :lol: 

And yet Sunday will still be worse

4 minutes ago, Trackdaybob said:

A fantastic use of police resources (revenue fleecing) I'm sure you will agree :lol: 

And what NHS resources would have been used up if the taxi had hit something and MM had gone through the windscreen?

Just now, GordonD said:

And what NHS resources would have been used up if the taxi had hit something and MM had gone through the windscreen?

But he didn't did he. 

What NHS resources would have been used if________________________________________________(insert any scenario you like that didn't happen)?? 

Non statement.

What if? What if? What if? 

:lol: 

6 minutes ago, GordonD said:

Or smashed into the back of the head of the driver or passenger, either of whom might actually be missed by somebody. Should have been done for attempted murder imo.

Edited by welshbairn

Had to sit through on of those conversations yesterday with Mrs B, her sister and the MIL.

Ohh auld Tommy died.

Who?

Ye ken auld Tommy!

Married to Nancy?

Aye thats him. His laddie was your age.

Naw thats a different Nancy.

Naw your thinking of Nancy Wilson, she ran the wee corner shop, used to go about wi Mary.

Mary Anderson?

Nawww Mary that used to knit scarves for yous.

Ahh right ok. So not that Nancy then?

Naw not that Nancy. This Nancy used to live with Jimmy before mind.....

SHOOT ME PLEASE

I’m lost.

Who is Ken?