Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

2 hours ago, Dee Man said:

I don't touch a drop if I'm driving. I only drink to get pished so I don't see the point. 

The first I heard of the one drink an hour advice was when I was out with a guy who'd been drinking all night and he went to drive home. When I told him he'd be over the limit he said it was 11pm and he'd only had 5 drinks since 7pm. Mental.

He wasn't Japanese, was he?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-46062122

30 minutes ago, GordonD said:

He wasn't Japanese, was he?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-46062122

You have to imagine that a fair number of pilots must be pished when they fly, they would phone in sick if they thought there was a decent chance of getting caught.

9 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Might have mentioned this before, but the new(ish) ATMs that Santander have been using for the last year or two.

Slower than f**k, so you press the touchscreen and it takes an age to respond, and a total absence of haptic feedback, so you've no idea if your touch has been acknowledged in the first place.

I made a shed load of overtime off the back of them reconfiguring the ports on their switches and routers for them.  Was literally 2 mins work for me but you'd be sitting at home with your feet up waiting in them calling back to say the glazers had fitted the new pane on glass for them in the front of the shop. 

21 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

Be patient ye c**t. It's fine

If it eats my card, you're paying for my erotic massage normal shopping trip.

12 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I made a shed load of overtime off the back of them reconfiguring the ports on their switches and routers for them. 

So that's where all the ha'pennies went to!  :o

giphy.gif

things which are sold at their previous price, but having been made smaller - especially chocolates and sweeties* which are made "fun size" or "healthy portion sized"

we're adults* (leave it); we get the concept of businesses making money, and sustaining or enhancing profitability; it's a prerequisite for your ongoing ability to maintain financial viability and sustain your ability to provide what we require - thanks for that life lesson

just keep things the same size, put the fucking price up, and stop treating your customer base like idiots who just might not notice, you set of utter c***s

28 minutes ago, Herman Hessian said:

things which are sold at their previous price, but having been made smaller - especially chocolates and sweeties* which are made "fun size" or "healthy portion sized"

we're adults* (leave it); we get the concept of businesses making money, and sustaining or enhancing profitability; it's a prerequisite for your ongoing ability to maintain financial viability and sustain your ability to provide what we require - thanks for that life lesson

just keep things the same size, put the fucking price up, and stop treating your customer base like idiots who just might not notice, you set of utter c***s

Worse than 9/11 imo

30 minutes ago, Herman Hessian said:

Also when you buy a family-size bag of crisps, or a bar of chocolate, and it says "Contains 6 servings". I'll decide how much I want to eat in one session!

1 hour ago, GordonD said:

Also when you buy a family-size bag of crisps, or a bar of chocolate, and it says "Contains 6 servings". I'll decide how much I want to eat in one session!

A family sized bag of crisps only has 6 servings? The Broons are f*cked then.

On 31/10/2018 at 22:32, MixuFixit said:

A wee bit if I'm honest. Just in that times they are a changing. When I was wee you just went door to door and did your song or joke, even got invited in to dook for apples and that. I guess folk are para about paedos more now and its just fizzling out as a thing.

My kids are 14 and 9, and they got a traditional Halloween just like you describe. It still happens.

Seems to me that making Halloween less fun for kids is one of the many, many ways we're making this a worse country to grow up in than it was for us.

On 01/11/2018 at 19:19, ah-dee said:

i also remember being in a Wetherspoons a few years ago and the father and 3 kids that had been in for lunch was refused a third pint as he had his kids. that could just have been their policy rather than the law though. who takes their kids out for lunch and steams through pints!?

Folk that take their kids to Wetherspoons?

On 11/2/2018 at 21:39, Herman Hessian said:

The Mega Value Pack of Finish dishwashers tablets is not as mega value now given my new pack only has 80 instead of the 85 pack I just finished.

On 11/2/2018 at 21:39, Herman Hessian said:

Making something being smaller and calling it "fun" is a cop-out.

In reality, a "fun-sized" Mars Bar should be the size of a three-seater couch.