Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

im sure the law used to be that kids are allowed into pubs up to something like 8pm but have to be a certain distance from the bar.

i also remember being in a Wetherspoons a few years ago and the father and 3 kids that had been in for lunch was refused a third pint as he had his kids. that could just have been their policy rather than the law though. who takes their kids out for lunch and steams through pints!?
Throbber?

11 minutes ago, ah-dee said:
17 minutes ago, Chicken Wing said:
Throbber?

i dont think theres anything wrong with going out to eat with kids but surely you watch what you drink. i just have 1 if anything as im usually driving

Did the recent-ish change in blood alcohol limits not make having even one drink a bit risky?

Did the recent-ish change in blood alcohol limits not make having even one drink a bit risky?
yeah hence why i said if anything. i should have been clearer. if im driving the kids i wont touch anything, never have as i couldnt live with myself if something happened. if its just me and her i might have one with my meal. cant remember the last time i ate out anyway and i doubt ive been out for a meal since the limit was lowered. not a fan of restaurants

2 minutes ago, ah-dee said:
7 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

yeah hence why i said if anything. i should have been clearer. if im driving the kids i wont touch anything, never have as i couldnt live with myself if something happened. if its just me and her i might have one with my meal. cant remember the last time i ate out anyway and i doubt ive been out for a meal since the limit was lowered. not a fan of restaurants

You should move to Australia. They actually advise you to have "no more than one standard drink per hour".  I would've thought telling people not to drink at all if they're driving would be a more responsible policy. 

You should move to Australia. They actually advise you to have "no more than one standard drink per hour".  I would've thought telling people not to drink at all if they're driving would be a more responsible policy. 
my mate works on the rigs and was out in Australia on a job and was telling me about the drink shops having a drive through. is that right or is he pulling my pisser?

2 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

I'd be careful Bruce, a quick google tells me the limit is exactly the same as it is in Scotland.

Just now, ah-dee said:
3 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

my mate works on the rigs and was out in Australia on a job and was telling me about the drink shops having a drive through. is that right or is he pulling my pisser?

Genuine. I made a video of me doing it, got the guy serving to give my mate a 'shout out' and sent it to him. Couldn't get the guy to shut the f**k up and get off the camera. 

Genuine. I made a video of me doing it, got the guy serving to give my mate a 'shout out' and sent it to him. Couldn't get the guy to shut the f**k up and get off the camera. 
it sounded too far fetched. if it had been america he said i would have believed it but not Australia

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I'd be careful Bruce, a quick google tells me the limit is exactly the same as it is in Scotland.

I don't touch a drop if I'm driving. I only drink to get pished so I don't see the point. 

The first I heard of the one drink an hour advice was when I was out with a guy who'd been drinking all night and he went to drive home. When I told him he'd be over the limit he said it was 11pm and he'd only had 5 drinks since 7pm. Mental.

14 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

I don't touch a drop if I'm driving. I only drink to get pished so I don't see the point. 

The first I heard of the one drink an hour advice was when I was out with a guy who'd been drinking all night and he went to drive home. When I told him he'd be over the limit he said it was 11pm and he'd only had 5 drinks since 7pm. Mental.

He's probably taking the pish or getting confused about the hours you need to sober up by the next day to drive legally. Can't remember if it's an hour for every pint or unit.

Edited by welshbairn

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

He's probably taking the pish or getting confused about the hours you need to sober up the next day to drive legally. Can't remember if it's an hour for every pint or unit.

He was serious. I read up on it the next day and the general advice is it takes an hour for your liver to process a standard drink.

The following is lifted directly from the Western Australia Police Force website on drink driving:

Screenshot_20181102-042225_Chrome.jpg

He was serious. I read up on it the next day and the general advice is it takes an hour for your liver to process a standard drink.
The following is lifted directly from the Western Australia Police Force website on drink driving:

Screenshot_20181102-042225_Chrome.thumb.jpg.8dbaa4bed390b24c3eecd36f1fb91449.jpg
thats madness. could tgeir guidliness be anymore vague. im 5ft 11in and weigh 11st but my missus whos 5ft 5in and weighs about 8st (she mah kill me if thats over) can drink a good bit more than me. due to medication and stuff i rarely drink so mixing codeine and a few beers makes me drunk.

^^ cheap date!

This. Remember going on office nights out after I first arrived and people were talking about "only" having a couple of drinks but it's been 3 hours so should be ok to drive.

1 minute ago, ah-dee said:

thats madness. could tgeir guidliness be anymore vague. im 5ft 11in and weigh 11st but my missus whos 5ft 5in and weighs about 8st (she mah kill me if thats over) can drink a good bit more than me. due to medication and stuff i rarely drink so mixing codeine and a few beers makes me drunk.

^^ cheap date!

Codeine and alcohol is a tremendous buzz. Would recommend. 

5 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Screenshot_20181102-042225_Chrome.jpg

Stone the crows and stick a sheila on the barbie, you want a Sober Bob to drive you before taking that advice.

Codeine and alcohol is a tremendous buzz. Would recommend. 
believe me i know mate. im terrible for abusing my pain medication. keep telling the doctor the dosage i get isnt strong enough. starting next week ill be using tramadol for 2 weeks to see whats more effective. thats another that gives a great buzz

Might have mentioned this before, but the new(ish) ATMs that Santander have been using for the last year or two.

Slower than f**k, so you press the touchscreen and it takes an age to respond, and a total absence of haptic feedback, so you've no idea if your touch has been acknowledged in the first place.