Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Trying to avoid trick or treaters last night and my dog giving the game away every single fucking time.

Eventually switched the doorbell off at the fuse box.

When you’re out and someone chaps your door, the dog probably barks then as well...

On 31/10/2018 at 08:59, Granny Danger said:

The house we moved to 5 years ago has a big heavy metal gate on the driveway.  Since moving in we have not been bothered by guisers (or any other random clowns that come to the door).

Cue prison/care home ‘jokes’

I'm starting to wonder what the last owner of our house used to do as in 8 years we haven't had 1 single trick or treater at the door.

To be fair I don't get sweets in so it's probably for the best but I'm still curious.

1 minute ago, Gaz FFC said:

I'm starting to wonder what the last owner of our house used to do as in 8 years we haven't had 1 single trick or treater at the door.

To be fair I don't get sweets in so it's probably for the best but I'm still curious.

Might be best you don’t know.  :(

10 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Trying to avoid trick or treaters last night and my dog giving the game away every single fucking time.

Eventually switched the doorbell off at the fuse box.

I just went to the Dons v Hamilton game.  Easy.  ;)

Have a look under the decking m8

3 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

Did you find any gold lamé tracksuits in the wardrobe when you moved in?

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
4 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

Have a look under the decking m8

How do you know I have decking?:o

2 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

I think there has been a drastic change in habits over the last few years where kids will only go to people they know.  Back in my day (when I was a lad), you went to a street and rung the bell of every house you came to.  If you came across any doors that had an anti-guising note then you started playing chappie for a while to really rile them.

1 minute ago, Hedgecutter said:

I think there has been a drastic change in habits over the last few years where kids will only go to people they know.  Back in my day (when I was a lad), you went to a street and rung the bell of every house you came to.  If you came across any doors that had an anti-guising note then you started playing chappie for a while to really rile them.

Fair enough but all the families living round here know us by name and speak to us all the time.

Maybe we are seen as the OFTW couple

Sat here at this moment sat in what looked a nice enough boozer for a wee pint and a bite to eat whilst working away. Some c*nt, presumably a local getting fired in at the bar whilst his kids are playing hide and seek around the other punters in the pub, then shouting at them when they interrupt his ‘audience’ and shitey patter.
It isn’t the kids fault they are bored as f*ck whilst he gets blootered. Some c*nts just fill you with despair! Think it’s time to find somewhere else.

When did pubs start letting in kids? Thats another thing that just never happened when I was wee.
im sure the law used to be that kids are allowed into pubs up to something like 8pm but have to be a certain distance from the bar.

i also remember being in a Wetherspoons a few years ago and the father and 3 kids that had been in for lunch was refused a third pint as he had his kids. that could just have been their policy rather than the law though. who takes their kids out for lunch and steams through pints!?

5 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

In my day it was a plastic shopping bag on  top of a towel sitting outside a bank with a "penny for the guy" sign.