Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

5 hours ago, TheScarf said:

My office is rammed with folk in their late 50s and earlier 60s, most of who have worked here their entire adult life (f**k knows why).  And this week, as it's a couple of degrees cooler than it has been, the electric heaters under the desks are out, the jackets are on and the scarves too.  I'm sat here in my shirt and tie scared to move in case I pass out with the heat.  The air isn't moving at all.  

Old people are gimps.

Was working in an old folks home during that heatwave and the heating is always on.

The place was a fucking oven and I had to keep going outside to the 20+ degree heat to cool down.

Old folk are truly the worst oh and thanks for Brexit and unionism ya Auld dick.

In the past two days I’ve had 3 meeting requests sent to me with a closing line of “And if you have to send apologies for not attending, please find a suitable replacement to come to the meeting on your behalf”.
How about you learn to organise a fucking meeting at a time which the proper people can attend you useless fannies. And if you can’t, you find somebody else to go because I’m not wasting my time doing that for you.
PS I met someone today who now has a double-barrelled surname because they recently got married. A bloke. Why?
Good one. I've had to reject 3 meeting invites from the same person because I've already got other meetings at the proposed times. Of course its too hard for her to use Outlook properly to see this. Or she's one of those who thinks her meeting is more important and I should cancel the existing one.

Vaginawomble

Good one. I've had to reject 3 meeting invites from the same person because I've already got other meetings at the proposed times. Of course its too hard for her to use Outlook properly to see this. Or she's one of those who thinks her meeting is more important and I should cancel the existing one.

Vaginawomble

The ones who don’t realise you can set up a recurring meeting, so send you 10 separate meeting requests are also a bit special. They never check if anyone had other meetings which clash.

Just click ‘decline’.

Personally, I blame their shitty managers for skimping on training.

Fifth/sixth officials being located on the same side of the half as the linesman. Why do they do this? Surely would make more sense to have them on the other side of the goal so they can see what the linesman might not be able to?

Edited by IainMorton

Fifth/sixth officials being located on the same side of the half as the linesman. Why do they do this? Surely would make more sense to have them on the other side of the goal so they can see what the linesman might not be able to?

Is it not to completely cover one side, also helps for goal line calls and by line calls and let's the refereee run his diagonal across the park covering the other 2 corners?

In the past two days I’ve had 3 meeting requests sent to me with a closing line of “And if you have to send apologies for not attending, please find a suitable replacement to come to the meeting on your behalf”.
How about you learn to organise a fucking meeting at a time which the proper people can attend you useless fannies. And if you can’t, you find somebody else to go because I’m not wasting my time doing that for you.
PS I met someone today who now has a double-barrelled surname because they recently got married. A bloke. Why?
Id be willing to bet you meekly sent yous apologies, found a replacement and then came on here to type that

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
12 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Id be willing to bet you meekly sent yous apologies, found a replacement and then came on here to type that

Unfortunately my diary commitments mean I can now make the meetings.

Next time though grrrrrrr.

my puppy has decided a fun game is closing the livingroom door with her fat ass then bitching to get out. im ill on the sofa and have to jump up every few minutes. would have just used the door stop i bought last week but she chewed it to bits yesterday!

15 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

A guy started at my work a couple of weeks ago who has this. His own mad long Dutch surname followed by a hyphen and his wife's plain English surname.

Everyone is ripping the pish out of him. Behind his back of course. 

36 minutes ago, ah-dee said:

my puppy has decided a fun game is closing the livingroom door with her fat ass then bitching to get out. im ill on the sofa and have to jump up every few minutes. would have just used the door stop i bought last week but she chewed it to bits yesterday!

P&B's own Barbara Woodhouse @SlipperyP may have some helpful advice for you. 

Our work bogs, specifically the sinks. The person who authorised the design deserves a swift kick in the bollocks. It's one of these taps that has a sensor, so you have to wave your hand in front of it before it dispenses water. The problem is, the tap is too far back from the sink, and the sensor is too high, so when you put your hand in front, it shoots out, hits your hand and goes fucking everywhere. Every single day I go in and the side is soaked as is the floor. Just a complete mess. Here is a photo of the shoddy workmanship. 

Sink.jpg

4 minutes ago, LondonHMFC said:

Our work bogs, specifically the sinks. The person who authorised the design deserves a swift kick in the bollocks. It's one of these taps that has a sensor, so you have to wave your hand in front of it before it dispenses water. The problem is, the tap is too far back from the sink, and the sensor is too high, so when you put your hand in front, it shoots out, hits your hand and goes fucking everywhere. Every single day I go in and the side is soaked as is the floor. Just a complete mess. Here is a photo of the shoddy workmanship. 

Alright, we believe you. You didn't pish yourself. No need to go on about it.

54 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

A guy started at my work a couple of weeks ago who has this. His own mad long Dutch surname followed by a hyphen and his wife's plain English surname.

Everyone is ripping the pish out of him. Behind his back of course. 

Von-Bigennblak Straapon Dick 

Yoghurt where the manufacturer leaves you to do the graft and mix in the jam yourself.  These are quite often the more expensive yoghurts.  And they don't call it jam they call it compote or some other pish. 

Anyway you buy your tiny wee pot out of Boots and then need to mix the c**t for about a minute, by which time the raspberry jam has turned the colour to the same as if it was pre-mixed and unsurprisingly it tastes the same. So ... 

Dear Danone

Gonnae  just mix the fuckin yoghurt when it's in a great big pan and save every other c**t the bother? 

Thanks