Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Snobby b-stards and "Etiquette Tutors" who sneer at putting the milk in the cup before pouring the tea. That's how I do it, that's how I like it, get over it, it's only a f-ing cup of tea.

A pretty shit cup of tea in your case.

The new eBay app. A proper case of "fixing" something that wasn't broken.

That's eBay's motto - "fixing things that weren't broken".

They keep going at this rate and they'll fix everybody out of using the damned site at all.

^^^ Wrong

A pretty shit cup of tea in your case.

As I said, snobby b-stards. When having tea made by someone else and they put the milk in last I don't find any difference to the way it tastes so I will continue with my preference of milk in first when I make my own tea and to hell with what others think is right. Can anyone actually tell me why etiquette dictates that it should be tea before milk, or is it just another instance of the "upper class" trying to dictate how the commoners should behave? Milk first then tea could be my way of sticking two fingers up at the chinless wonders. Anyone who visits me for afternoon tea is free to make their own choice because the teapot and milk carton ( I could have said milk jug but lets be honest) are sitting on the table for them to pour as they prefer.

As I said, snobby b-stards. When having tea made by someone else and they put the milk in last I don't find any difference to the way it tastes so I will continue with my preference of milk in first when I make my own tea and to hell with what others think is right. Can anyone actually tell me why etiquette dictates that it should be tea before milk, or is it just another instance of the "upper class" trying to dictate how the commoners should behave? Milk first then tea could be my way of sticking two fingers up at the chinless wonders. Anyone who visits me for afternoon tea is free to make their own choice because the teapot and milk carton ( I could have said milk jug but lets be honest) are sitting on the table for them to pour as they prefer.

The poor used to have cheap cups that would crack if you poured hot water/tea into them. The milk was added first to stop this happening.

Pauper.

My friend makes tea the same way you do, milk in first....his parents beat him as he has downs.

If you really are his friend as you claim then maybe you shouldn't be too judgementle on how he makes his tea. Have you considered reporting his parents to the authorities? It's what a true friend would do.

Has a pop at the upper class then speaks of hosting "afternoon tea" :blink:

The poor used to have cheap cups that would crack if you poured hot water/tea into them. The milk was added first to stop this happening. Pauper.

If they were that poor how could they afford to buy tea and not decent cups? And if your theory is correct just how much milk did they put in to counterbalance the heat from the tea. Sounds a bit too milky for my liking. I only like a small dash of milk.

If they were that poor how could they afford to buy tea and not decent cups? And if your theory is correct just how much milk did they put in to counterbalance the heat from the tea. Sounds a bit too milky for my liking. I only like a small dash of milk.

I've no idea. I'm not a pauper.

You've put too much thought into that. Just accept you drink tea like a mink.

Has a pop at the upper class then speaks of hosting "afternoon tea" :blink:

I will never miss an opportunity to have a pop at the so called upper classes but afternoon tea is just my small way of living the high life for a short while. "Hosting" is a bit of an exaggeration as well, the stuff's on the table and they can help themselves. I made the tea and opened the digestives, I'm not going to fuss after them.

In with tea bag + sweeteners/sugar, then the water, leave to brew, tea bag out, milk to taste.

If you put the milk in first when does the tea bag go in? Weak as piss tea is the result if he adds the milk first to the tea bag.