Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I've been given the most boring man ever to lecture my class on the most boring classes in my course (materials and cost+measurement) 2 hours of pure rambling is killing me every Monday morning

Bet he's a retired QS. Which would mean it doesn't matter who it was, they're all boring people.

Bet he's a retired QS. Which would mean it doesn't matter who it was, they're all boring people.

That's exactly what he is. Rambles on and has the most boring story for absolutely anything, going through a slide show which should take 45 minutes max took him 2 hours today. Not teaching or anything, just pure gibberish and rambling

Wow only 7 weeks until the first "I've seen a Christmas tree" post

Coincidentally, 7 weeks till i get married, any Xmas trees at the location will be hauled down the night before...

That's exactly what he is. Rambles on and has the most boring story for absolutely anything, going through a slide show which should take 45 minutes max took him 2 hours today. Not teaching or anything, just pure gibberish and rambling

Where abouts are you? Aye all QS's have a tendency to spraff for sure. I mean just how difficult is it to count bricks?

I mean CAD measure does most of the work for them!

Edinburgh college mate, slowly dying every Monday at 11-1

I don't know anyone there unfortunately. Just tell him he was of the correct generation of QS's since BIM is going to make them obsolete in the next 20 years. Then sit back and watch him spontaneously combust for 2 hours of hate filled rage.

I don't know anyone there unfortunately. Just tell him he was of the correct generation of QS's since BIM is going to make them obsolete in the next 20 years. Then sit back and watch him spontaneously combust for 2 hours of hate filled rage.

From what I'm told the clients are developing this themselves as the guys training them aren't very helpful, making it difficult to have a standard across the board, (the formulating of families in particular).

From what I'm told the clients are developing this themselves as the guys training them aren't very helpful, making it difficult to have a standard across the board, (the formulating of families in particular).

Well yeah BIM is just a general term for any building modelling software. So it's going to be incredibly difficult for all the systems to work coherently together. Much like BMS only certain types work together.

All measurements and standards are clearly laid out though, so at least they all start at the same base, it's just about integrating them all, hence why I gave then 20 years.

Absolutley seething at this below. So fucking ignorant that it is unbelievable, the fact a couple of days ago she was all over facebook about getting her SAS in so she could go to festivals and buy her kids new clothes pisses me off even more. SO FUCKING HYPOCRITICAL , only one scrounging in this country is her !

post-40285-0-52616700-1441799748_thumb.j