Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Actual exchange in work:

Colleague: "I'm missing a whole bunch of light fittings for two jobs, can you chase up supplier urgently?"

Me: "OK"

Me to supplier: "Light fittings missing etc"

Supplier: "Everything ordered was delivered"

Me to colleague: "Everything ordered was delivered"

Colleague: "They're wrong, I've never received them"

Colleague: "Oh, hang on, I've never ordered them"

My job occasionally feels like endlessly slamming my forehead against a concrete wall.

Actual exchange in work:

Colleague: "I'm missing a whole bunch of light fittings for two jobs, can you chase up supplier urgently?"

My job occasionally feels like endlessly slamming my forehead against a concrete wall.

Do you work with the mentally injured?

Why didn't your colleague chase up the supplier Pete? Rather than make you look like the twat. Oh wait yes I see why he asked you know.

Well yes, there's the obvious reason you suggest, but it's also protocol. He's site labour and I'm the manager and am office based. All, or at least the majority, of info should pass through my office at some point for each project, so he's partially followed routine, but only after forgetting it originally. The silly sausage.

Well yes, there's the obvious reason you suggest, but it's also protocol. He's site labour and I'm the manager and am office based. All, or at least the majority, of info should pass through my office at some point for each project, so he's partially followed routine, but only after forgetting it originally. The silly sausage.

Was it the same colleague with both the lights and the sink?

So you're surrounded by them?

The question is are they all idiots or are you the idiot for agreeing to supervise them?

They are all idiots. Thankfully I'm only surrounded by them figuratively and not literally. The isolation of my role is what saves me.

Actual exchange in work:

Why didn't your colleague chase up the supplier Pete? Rather than make you look like the twat. Oh wait yes I see why he asked you know.

That my working life.... the joys of being an Expeditor.

Everything from things not ordered, ordered on a 3week lead time and expected in 1week,

suppliers complaining goods not collected when they have been,

goods on boats then it decided it urgent we better send it by plane,

Idiots wondering why they drop things from their forkilfts when it a 3tonne crate that says use a crane,

and they try moving it off a lorry with a 1.5T forklift........

Couriers that get instuctions to send a lorry with a taillift, and then don't as although you asked specifically for it

they didn't think it would matter.............

And repeat 5days a week.

I like to make additional mortgage payments when I have the chance. However, upon checking my mortgage statement, I've discovered that a £500 payment I made to my mortgage months ago has not been allocated to my mortgage account. I queried this and was told by my mortgage provider that they have no record of having received it. So I sent them a photo of the statement from my personal bank account showing the payment, but they still say they don't have it. They've said I need to contact my bank and have them locate it. I suggested that they communicate with my bank and was told they can't do that. So I contacted my own bank and was told they can't help, it's up to the mortgage provider. Plenty of back and forth follows before I at last get someone at my own bank who can help, only to be told it will take up to three weeks to locate and send the info to me, for me to then send the transaction proof to my mortgage provider. What a fucking waste of time. Shower of bailed out, bonus milking, taxpayer swindling, conflict financing b*****ds.

Not getting replies when you apply for a job. I am losing hope.

I feel for you mate. They treat people like shit.

As hard as the rejection is, just try and keep at it and applying for stuff. Something will happen.