Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Saw an advert there on Sky Sports that had Luis Suarez celebrating a goal and he had a glove on that was fingerless. As if I couldn't hold anymore contempt for the man.

It made me remember my annoyance at all items of clothing that are designed to keep you warm yet do no such thing because they miss out the part of the body that is actually getting cold. Fingerless gloves being the first example. On a cold day it is your fingers that feel the chill most, not the palms of your hands. Body warmers are the second example, the trunk of your body is best at maintaining heat, your extremities are the ones you need to look out for. Why miss out the arms? When people wear beanie hats that don't cover their ears I shake my fist at them in displeasure. You wouldn't wear a pair of trousers that had your cock dangling out, would you? Or a pair of socks that didn't cover the toes?

Petty indeed. ^_^

Saw an advert there on Sky Sports that had Luis Suarez celebrating a goal and he had a glove on that was fingerless. As if I couldn't hold anymore contempt for the man.

It made me remember my annoyance at all items of clothing that are designed to keep you warm yet do no such thing because they miss out the part of the body that is actually getting cold. Fingerless gloves being the first example. On a cold day it is your fingers that feel the chill most, not the palms of your hands. Body warmers are the second example, the trunk of your body is best at maintaining heat, your extremities are the ones you need to look out for. Why miss out the arms? When people wear beanie hats that don't cover their ears I shake my fist at them in displeasure. You wouldn't wear a pair of trousers that had your cock dangling out, would you? Or a pair of socks that didn't cover the toes?

Petty indeed.  ^_^

Although I agree body warmers are horrendous pieces of clothing, the idea behind them is pretty sound.

If you're stranded out in the freezing cold, instead of warming your extremities, you should focus all effort on keeping your core warm, as that is where all the vital organs reside besides the brain.

Still, only p***ks wear them.

Although I agree body warmers are horrendous pieces of clothing, the idea behind them is pretty sound.

If you're stranded out in the freezing cold, instead of warming your extremities, you should focus all effort on keeping your core warm, as that is where all the vital organs reside besides the brain.

Still, only p***ks wear them.

True, your body regulates to keep the vitals going in the cold, if your vitals are kept warm by a body warmer it's meant to help. I'd prefer a sleeved jacket though.

Am 40 this year which in itself isn't a PTTGOYN but the associated reaction from people when you tell them ("oooh wow the big one", "never mind they say 40 is the new 30" etc etc etc) is.

Petty indeed.  ^_^

Fingerless gloves are good for doing work where you require a degree of dexterity.

Having to work in under 2 hours. I can't drive cause I'll still be over the limit (it was meant to be just a few) and it's a 10/15 walk or 5 minute cycle. Now I wouldn't normally care, but it's absolutely pishing down and the winds even worse, so I'm going to get soaked there and back. Problems with living beside the water I guess. Ohh aye and it's Friday night and I'm on close, it'll probably be really busy (unless the weather puts folk off), can't be arsed!