Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Contact lenses. I've just started wearing them and it takes ages to get them in my eyes. Infuriating.

You've probably been told this many times but you will get used to them. I used to start getting ready a lot earlier just to ensure I had time to mess about with them but I'm about a year on now and it generally takes two seconds to put them in. Probably over-reliant on them now though.

My constant annoyance of a typical working day is a menopausal woman in my office who has had numerous health appointments over the last few months because of a 'swollen' stomach. One day with her and you'll clear see why it is swollen. For her 'breakfast' today she had four chicken kebabs (one in pitta bread, the other on normal white bread) then followed it up with a couple of bits of crusty bread and cheese. That's about an hour before her lunch also. Everyone panders to her and says things like 'oh it does look swollen today'. Absolute nonsense.

ETA: She's also stupid. We've been moved over to Windows 7 and she is continually asking 'where is this saved now?' Same f*cking place! Work night out tonight and I'm very glad she is not attending.

Edited by LAGer

After being told by management at work that we would only be required to work one of boxing day and new years day, I've been put on the rota to work both, as well as Christmas Eve when I'm normally off on a Tuesday. Just pish.

After being told by management at work that we would only be required to work one of boxing day and new years day, I've been put on the rota to work both, as well as Christmas Eve when I'm normally off on a Tuesday. Just pish.

No doubt said management will be sitting in front of the fire roasting his nuts...

I worked in retail for about 7 years before teaching, I know how busy and difficult this time of year can get for people working in retail and hospitality. I know it is "Christmas you for you" too, and that you should not have to put up with ignorant shoppers but the street goes both ways. I was in town today and the number of shop assistants that spout utter drivel is so frustrating. I understand they had to be polite but a huge majority of them seem to try and delve into your personal life and your plans over the next week, "so what else to do you still have to buy?", "so any big plans for Christmas?", "so what are wanting to get for Christmas?". Please do shut up. I am not your friend, I will never see you again, so why would I go into detail about my festive plans, in particular when there are about a dozen shoppers behind me waiting in the same queue.

I still have to do a bit of shopping tomorrow so my challenge is to now come up with the most bizarre and awkward responses I can to these questions.

"Any big plans for Christmas?", "Well now that you ask I do plan on divorcing my wife and leaving her and the children behind for the latino gardener that has been working at our house, I have been planning it for a while so I thought that I could sneak out on Christmas Eve without them noticing and spend Christmas Day drinking long vodkas with my new lover."

I worked in retail for about 7 years before teaching, I know how busy and difficult this time of year can get for people working in retail and hospitality. I know it is "Christmas you for you" too, and that you should not have to put up with ignorant shoppers but the street goes both ways. I was in town today and the number of shop assistants that spout utter drivel is so frustrating. I understand they had to be polite but a huge majority of them seem to try and delve into your personal life and your plans over the next week, "so what else to do you still have to buy?", "so any big plans for Christmas?", "so what are wanting to get for Christmas?". Please do shut up. I am not your friend, I will never see you again, so why would I go into detail about my festive plans, in particular when there are about a dozen shoppers behind me waiting in the same queue.

I still have to do a bit of shopping tomorrow so my challenge is to now come up with the most bizarre and awkward responses I can to these questions.

"Any big plans for Christmas?", "Well now that you ask I do plan on divorcing my wife and leaving her and the children behind for the latino gardener that has been working at our house, I have been planning it for a while so I thought that I could sneak out on Christmas Eve without them noticing and spend Christmas Day drinking long vodkas with my new lover."

The Latino gardener doesn't love you and never will.

Drivers who don't indicate until they are about three yards from the junction they want to turn into. Absolute arses they are.

People who indicate early or sit in filter lanes with indicators on. Southbound m90 is especially bad with folk indicating for Stirling as soon as they see the fucking castle

Drivers who don't indicate until they are about three yards from the junction they want to turn into. Absolute arses they are.

I raise you those who don't indicate at all and get angry at pedestrians crossing the road because they (quite rightfully) thought the car was going straight ahead.