Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

This is definitely another one of these geographical split things. I've seen the two sausages served down in Glasgow but they're two shitey wee ones as opposed to a decent sized big f***er. I also lived outside Dunfermline for 15 years before moving up here and always associated a sausage supper to have one sausage there too. Saying that, I'm sure I've seen the odd place serve the wee ones, obviously feeling forced to give you two of them so they don't get the what the f*** is this you're trying to pull?!" look and potential associated violence.

This is definitely another one of these geographical split things. I've seen the two sausages served down in Glasgow but they're two shitey wee ones as opposed to a decent sized big f***er. I also lived outside Dunfermline for 15 years before moving up here and always associated a sausage supper to have one sausage there too. Saying that, I'm sure I've seen the odd place serve the wee ones, obviously feeling forced to give you two of them so they don't get the what the f*** is this you're trying to pull?!" look and potential associated violence.

4030532062_ff3377208d_z.jpg

without sounding a bit pervy, but how big are they in Aberdeen? :blink:

without sounding a bit pervy, but how big are they in Aberdeen? :blink:

Fair play, those seem much larger than the other x2's I've seen... but how many chips are in there, ten?! If you take away one of those sausages and pile in far more chips, that's what I'd expect (and want) if I asked for one. Why do you get two of those if you ask for a sausage supper yet just one for a black pudding one? This probably explains why the Glasgow area's the heart attack capital of Europe of course.

Basically: Less congealed pigs sphincter, more chips please.

... and are you one of those arses who stink out the train carriage with a chipper? Looks like a train to me anyway. <_<

Edited by Hedgecutter

Fair play, those seem much larger than the other x2's I've seen... but how many chips are in there, ten?! If you take away one of those sausages and pile in far more chips, that's what I'd expect if I asked for one. Why do you get two of those if you ask for a sausage supper yet just one for a black pudding one? This probably explains why the Glasgow area's the heart attack capital of Europe of course.

... and are you one of those arses who stink out the train carriage with a chipper? Looks like a train to me anyway. <_<

I just googles Glasgow sausage supper and that was the first picture that came up, looks like a 3am blue lagoon effort :yucky

nah, I hate they c***s, i prefer tucking into my chippy in the comfort of my own home

Fair play, those seem much larger than the other x2's I've seen... but how many chips are in there, ten?! If you take away one of those sausages and pile in far more chips, that's what I'd expect if I asked for one. Why do you get two of those if you ask for a sausage supper yet just one for a black pudding one? This probably explains why the Glasgow area's the heart attack capital of Europe of course.

Rico's a Clippie. :lol:

I just googles Glasgow sausage supper and that was the first picture that came up

I just googled 'sausage supper' and this was the first picture that came up (what I initially had in mind as a x2 sausage supper):

Sausage_Supper-1.jpg

See, no wonder they need two! :lol:

Edited by Hedgecutter

When I have a sausage supper from the chippy,it is only one sausage. Sent from my iPad using Pie & Bovril mobile app

The wonders of modern technology, eh?

I just googled 'sausage supper' and this was the first picture that came up (what I initially had in mind as a x2 sausage supper):

Sausage_Supper-1.jpg

See, no wonder they need two! :lol:

that looks like one you get from turkish chippys IMO

When I have a sausage supper from the chippy,it is only one sausage. Sent from my iPad using Pie & Bovril mobile app

The wonders of modern technology, eh?

So that's what happens when you put your signature on,on the app. I thought it would have been my signature that I have on the normal site. I have turned it off now.

I hate that people continually have to try and appear edgy and controversial in an attempt to appear cool. Today is a perfect example. David Beckham signs a 5 month contract with the ludicrously rich PSG and decides that every penny from his prospective salary is going to be donated to charity. He's quite correctly applauded for this self-less act that is going to improve the lives of many people. Great, right...?

Nope, not for the "look how controversial and cool I am" brigade, apparently it's no big deal "because he can afford it", "it's just the same as me giving a pound to a bum in the street" or "it's just a PR stunt". So what? Why is it any less laudable if he is rich or if it is just to boost his reputation? The man is giving, I would assume, at the very least a million pounds of his own money to charity. Can people not just accept this for the fantastic gesture it is? Does there have to be negativity imposed in everything?

He's quite correctly applauded for this self-less act that is going to improve the lives of many people. Great, right...?

Why is it any less laudable if he is rich or if it is just to boost his reputation?

It quite clearly isn't "self-less", then.

Any chippy supper that's presented to you in one of those god awful polystyrene efforts should be papped back at them instantly. Paper or nothing.

And it's two full sausages in a supper, unless you live in some hellish post apocalyptic wasteland.

Edited by KnightswoodBear

I hate that people continually have to try and appear edgy and controversial in an attempt to appear cool. Today is a perfect example. David Beckham signs a 5 month contract with the ludicrously rich PSG and decides that every penny from his prospective salary is going to be donated to charity. He's quite correctly applauded for this self-less act that is going to improve the lives of many people. Great, right...?

Nope, not for the "look how controversial and cool I am" brigade, apparently it's no big deal "because he can afford it", "it's just the same as me giving a pound to a bum in the street" or "it's just a PR stunt". So what? Why is it any less laudable if he is rich or if it is just to boost his reputation? The man is giving, I would assume, at the very least a million pounds of his own money to charity. Can people not just accept this for the fantastic gesture it is? Does there have to be negativity imposed in everything?

He is obvously trying to offset tax against his other earnings, plus any opportunity to keep his pouting bitch of a wife away from the headlines the better.

It quite clearly isn't "self-less", then.

Well, if you want to argue on that front then there's no such thing as a self-less act anyway, what with the boost to ego and self-worth through doing good dees, so you can totally discard that part of my rant if you so wish. The rest stands though.