Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Sitting in a the first lecture of a module. We've had half an hour of chat from the guy, none of which ha been about the subject matter, construction contracts. Why do I feel it's going to be a long 12 weeks. Never have I even considered going on the web throughout a lecture.

Edited by Widge

Quite ironic :D

:lol:

I was typing slyly under the desk. A further hour in and I'm not convinced he's told us anything which a normal person wouldn't know. This is a serious waste of my time, especially since he made the comment. 'you don't need to take notes it's all in the slides which will go online.'

Don't think my battery can last another hour and a half of temple run 2.

The way Americans pronounce the name 'Craig'. How the f**k do they get 'Cregg'?! Even for them with their ludicrous pronounciation of various words, this is not only stupid and mystifying but utterly infuriating

The way Americans pronounce the name 'Craig'. How the f**k do they get 'Cregg'?! Even for them with their ludicrous pronounciation of various words, this is not only stupid and mystifying but utterly infuriating

I can understand why they pronounce McKay they way they do, but it still annoys me intensely. Also Graham as Grem. What.

The way Americans pronounce

Which Americans? New York Americans, Midwest Americans, Deep South Americans, West Coast Americans etc.? You're dealing with a nation of 300 million people spread across a continent: there is no consensus.

Which Americans? New York Americans, Midwest Americans, Deep South Americans, West Coast Americans etc.? You're dealing with a nation of 300 million people spread across a continent: there is no consensus.

All of them, you Patty Hearst you :rolleyes:

''Pan-American'' I think covers it....unluckier.

What you think is hardly the most credible linguistic diagnostic available: people from the Deep South quite clearly do not pronounce words in the same manner as those from Minnesota. So... swing and a miss.

What you think is hardly the most credible linguistic diagnostic available: people from the Deep South quite clearly do not pronounce words in the same manner as those from Minnesota. So... swing and a miss.

Or as folk fae Delaware would say ''nae luck VT ya plum''

A bit of advice for you: Don't go to Craig in Colorado. I was there last year, you wouldn't like it.

Eta: Random flash memory - I order a 12oz T-Bone steak there and got given a 2lb 'porterhouse' instead. I'd ordered my steak medium-rare so you could imagine what this slab of meat was like in the middle. I stupidly ate it ALL and ended up spewing blood that night back at the hotel and shitting 'stuff' the next day. Damn tasty though. I also discovered Maker's Mark in a sports bar there, only to come back here and see it hitting the shelves everywhere about a month later.

Edited by Hedgecutter