Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

The fact that you didn't respond to this by going out and buying your then fiancee a far bigger ring means you don't love her enough.

I don't love anyone as much as I love myself.

Edited by Sweet Pete

Yep, totally agree. It's the sort of thing a woman should probably get annoyed at, and guys just nod along and agree for the some peace.

I consider myself a feminist but... still smiled at this :D

I consider myself a feminist but... still smiled at this :D

It's so true though, many a time where my wife has complained at something (shite service, poor quality of product etc...) and even if I don't agree, I just shut up and nod along enthuastically, otherwise it could be me on the receiving end before long.

Play the game.

It's so true though, many a time where my wife has complained at something (shite service, poor quality of product etc...) and even if I don't agree, I just shut up and nod along enthuastically, otherwise it could be me on the receiving end before long.

Play the game.

Having been married now for almost 5 whole weeks, I'm coming to terms with this to an even greater degree than when we were just engaged after I didn't enthusiastically agree that something or other wasn't quite right on the wedding day.

Play the game.

There was a good episode of The Cleveland Show that did this. He deliberately made himself deaf and found a few choice phrases such as "The other women at work are just jealous" and "I agree, you're such a free spirit" (or words to that effect) that served any purpose :D

Who cares? You're happy to be engaged, so enjoy it. If that scenario happened to me I can honestly say I wouldn't care in the slightest.

That's because you'd probably be secretly shagging your mates new fiancee. And her mum.

Having severe problems in work.

I've been trying to get a new contract to be signed by Monday, the terms of which had more or less been agreed verbally with my boss, but that boss has now left without signing the contract and the boss who will be taking over doesn't take over till Tuesday, thus doesn't haven't any right to sign a contract for me when he's not technically my boss. I am being told that I need to work this week before the contract can be signed, but the reason I needed the contract for Monday is because I'm going away on the Thursday and will be away for two weeks. The holidays I put in for this only cover the shifts for my new contract that was in the process of getting signed, thus I have no holidays for the shifts I still have but will be dropped. I really can't work on those days but technically there is no proof, other than mine and my old managers word, that a contract was ever agreed.

Does anyone know where I stand on this?

(I'm aware this is very long winded but its a difficult situation to explain haha)

Edited by Stuart

Having severe problems in work.

I've been trying to get a new contract to be signed by Monday, the terms of which had more or less been agreed verbally with my boss, but that boss has now left without signing the contract and the boss who will be taking over doesn't take over till Tuesday, thus doesn't haven't any right to sign a contract for me when he's not technically my boss. I am being told that I need to work this week before the contract can be signed, but the reason I needed the contract for Monday is because I'm going away on the Thursday and will be away for two weeks. The holidays I put in for this only cover the shifts for my new contract that was in the process of getting signed, thus I have no holidays for the shifts I still have but will be dropped. I really can't work on those days but technically there is no proof, other than mine and my old managers word, that a contract was ever agreed.

Does anyone know where I stand on this?

(I'm aware this is very long winded but its a difficult situation to explain haha)

Get your new boss to get in touch with your old boss to verify your story. Sorted.

Is it really as simple as that?

I phone yesterday and he said thats what he'd do today so hopefully when i see him tomorrow it'll be sorted

Unless you're employed on a fixed term basis as a contractor then your employment should continue regardless with or without a written contract.

These fat cats having tickets foe the Olympic events and not turning up should be made to hand them back and the organisers could then give them away for free to school kids/adults that would have gone if they had the money. After all,these games are for everyone!

Guest The Phoenix

Folk claiming the Olympics are a shambles.

Every Olympics that has ever been staged has had its problems, London 2012 will be no different but I'd suggest it will be better than most.

When you're sitting in a public toilet as I am right now, (there's an image for you), you're in the end cubicle in a row of 6 empty cubicles and the next faecal excreter comes in and chooses the trap right next to you. There should be a law against it.

Same goes with urinals. For the uninitiated here is the unwritten rule: Imagine you walk into an empty toilet and are faced with 7 urinals...you are obliged to choose a urinal at either end. The next guy in then slashes in the urinal at the other end. 3rd guy in chooses middle urinal, etc. If you break this sequence you are immediately suspected of being one of those weird sideways boaby glancers and deserve any hostility directed towards you.