Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Guest The Phoenix

Stand in a trolly crying and screaming? :P:lol:

Wasn't that the joke?

Probably a bit of stretch to call it a joke but that was the general intention. :(

I'm ready lose the rag with sky. A bt engineer came out yesterday to install the phone and internet, but he couldnt get access to the telegraph pole as it is in someones garden at the end of the block. They told us they would get someone back out on Friday at 1pm, providing they could get access to the pole, which had been agreed with the resident. When

The wife phoned back, they told us they couldnt guarantee that time slot, which is no good as she is backshift, and we were told that they would phone us back today at 11.30

Aaargh, damn phone, sorry folks!! Anyway, they didn't phone back, and the wife rang again, and was told there was no record of the phone call last night. 3 different people, 3 different excuses. Shower of fuckin shite.

I don't want to go on and on about it but the Gliablastoma in my head where I had the tumour seems to be coming back. I get results in a week, but I'm trying to stay positive and keep thinking it's fatty tissue. A bit of an annoyance is I've had such a great last few months, possibly the happiest I've been in about ten years.

The worst bit is with the type of cancer are rate it reoccurs I doubt I have more than five years to live.

Edited by Breaking Decency

When two lanes are filtering into one and numerous wankers go as far up as they can stealing hundreds of spaces, holding all of us good guys up dry.gif I don't let the c***s in and they have the cheek to stair at me calling me a w****r...

I was told the intention is for traffic to use both lanes right up until the merge. To help people change their mentality, they are now introducing signs which actually say "Please use both lanes when queueing" "Merge here" "Merge in turn" etc

The thought process is that if you have a mile of traffic all in the inside lane it is possible to block an earlier junction. If you have to lanes of 1/2 mile the junction is not blocked. So basically, the theory is that using just one lane adds to congestion.

In light of the above, my PTTGOYN is the HGV drivers who straddle both lanes to block traffic from using the outside lane.

Thanks everyone. People who get it more than once have short term survival -quite often as little as three months ;/

Fingers crossed for you. Hope you get good news next week. Stay positive.

Guest The Phoenix

I was told the intention is for traffic to use both lanes right up until the merge. To help people change their mentality, they are now introducing signs which actually say "Please use both lanes when queueing" "Merge here" "Merge in turn" etc

The thought process is that if you have a mile of traffic all in the inside lane it is possible to block an earlier junction. If you have to lanes of 1/2 mile the junction is not blocked. So basically, the theory is that using just one lane adds to congestion.

In light of the above, my PTTGOYN is the HGV drivers who straddle both lanes to block traffic from using the outside lane.

Spot on, Haitch.

On a more serious note, all the best BD. I can't begin to imagine how you must be feeling but I'm sure this is when family and close friends become hugely important.

Thanks everyone. People who get it more than once have short term survival -quite often as little as three months ;/

Fucking hell. All the best mate!