Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I agree with others who say electric oven and gas hobs are the way to go. I'd never lived in houses capable of gas connections until I moved down to the central belt, but they are SO much better than electric hobs. I don't think I've ever seen a gas oven though, but then, I guess I don't live in the 1950s.

or Hull. <_<

I agree electric ovens are the way to go. gas ovens are temperamental and end up with either raw or burnt food. electric offer a much more controllable heat IMO.

I agree electric ovens are the way to go. gas ovens are temperamental and end up with either raw or burnt food. electric offer a much more controllable heat IMO.

Not for a good and conscientious chef. chef.gif

as heston said. 'if you keep the door shut, and know the temperature. you can work out the time,' with a gas oven, this is less possible than with an electric.

If I wanted a bald loony's opinion on pickled onion ice cream, he'd be the very man I'd ask. I do know that I prefer a gas oven, regardless what he says though.

as heston said. 'if you keep the door shut, and know the temperature. you can work out the time,' with a gas oven, this is less possible than with an electric.

Indeed, if you're a moron. Cooking with gas is easy. Hence the expression, "cooking with gas". :P

Agreed. I don't have any problems at all cooking with gas. I've found electric ovens to be far more temperamental from my experience with them.

Standard ovens aren't that good,I prefer a fan assisted oven myself,they have a much better even cooking than the standard ones,as long as you set it at the right temp,and have the shelves sorted out properly.

Guest The Phoenix

Aw f**k! The Rovers are on the verge of promotion and the world is going to end... it's no fair :angry:

Could they not wait until Monday?

KofiAnnan-StateDept.jpg

Just a dog gone minute there, sonny.

I'm watching the Cup Final just now, and as much as I don't like to say it, the referee is coming close to ruining this game.

I think that Callum Murray is one of the best refs in the game, but today he's just completely whistle happy and doesn't seem to be taking the conditions into account.

Edited by Monster

I think that Callum Murray is one of the best refs in the game, but today he's just completely whistle happy and doesn't seem to be taking the conditions into account.

I agree. He's usually a very competent referee, but today he seems to want to outlaw the slide tackle alogether.

I can understand why he has dished out a few yellows for slide tackling, but the bald Swede with the long name should have seen a 2nd yellow for hand ball and the Motherwell player who just handled while on the ground should also be off.

Edited by Fudge