Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

IDIOTS: burnt a carpet with an iron? Simply turn your carpet into one of those fancy patterned ones by repeating the same mistake in a uniform layout across the whole of the floor.

Here's a WILD suggestion. Maybe he was ironing, on an ironing board and the iron FELL off the ironing board on to the carpet below. Maybe that's a bit too far fetched.

What did he do after that happened, run around in a circle flapping his hands?

Here's a WILD suggestion. Maybe he was ironing, on an ironing board and the iron FELL off the ironing board on to the carpet below. Maybe that's a bit too far fetched.

Correct, I tripped over the wire like the clumsy b*****d I am and the iron fell face down on the carpet. Thought it was pretty clear I wouldn't be ironing on the floor.

You could turn the carpet inside oot.

Thank you! I'll certainly keep that in mind. Superb idea, but I'll maybe do it when the folks are in bed. You don't think they'll notice, do you?

Correct, I tripped over the wire like the clumsy b*****d I am and the iron fell face down on the carpet. Thought it was pretty clear I wouldn't be ironing on the floor.

You're from Dundee - nothing is assumed. ;)

Listening to Sky commentators at the Masters Golf rambling on for two whole minutes about less adverts this year. Gaun the BBC Saturday and Sunday. f**k SKY and their HD 3D mumbo jumbo.

(signed, Peter Allis fan club)

I worked from 7.30 am - 5.30 p.m today with a grand total of 25 minutes for breaks. To say i'm completely fucked is an understatement.

So busy and short staffed i never even got my lunch break...

I was kind of the same capy, one of the lads got a phone call to say his wee daughter had fell and and one of her teeth had went through her lip (ouch) and then the yard foreman had to go and rebuild part of a wall after one of our drivers knocked it down with his grab, i kinda wished it would piss down with rain at some point today in the hope it would get quieter, such was the sheer backlog of tasks still to be done!