Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I just realised how little I have to offer this forum. I have probably looked at 50 threads and couldnt think of anything constructive or helpful to say in any of them. Even the Ross County threads are all a bit abstract these days as I cant get to many games.

Even this post is pointless.

Thats my PTTGOYN.

there's constructive and helpful stuff on this website?!:P

I just realised how little I have to offer this forum. I have probably looked at 50 threads and couldnt think of anything constructive or helpful to say in any of them. Even the Ross County threads are all a bit abstract these days as I cant get to many games.

Even this post is pointless.

Thats my PTTGOYN.

I'm in exactly the same boat as you :thumbsdown

I'm in exactly the same boat as you :thumbsdown

Thats cheered me up!

The problem is that on every thread I have an opinion that has already been posted. I could just be controversdial and say the opposite in order to provoke a conversation I suppose.

It's pancake day.

You may think that this is in the wrong thread, but it's not. Instead of buying sugar, butter, eggs and milk - my mum has bought 'shake-a-pan-cake'. You add water into a pre-made pancake powder mixture and pour it into the frying pan. Yum...

Thats cheered me up!

The problem is that on every thread I have an opinion that has already been posted. I could just be controversdial and say the opposite in order to provoke a conversation I suppose.

Just wade in all guns blazing and talking a load of shite. That's what everyone else does here.:lol:

It's pancake day.

You may think that this is in the wrong thread, but it's not. Instead of buying sugar, butter, eggs and milk - my mum has bought 'shake-a-pan-cake'. You add water into a pre-made pancake powder mixture and pour it into the frying pan. Yum...

I appreciate this is pttgoyn, but that actually sounds thoughtful. she could have bought nothing.

It's pancake day.

It will probably be fine.

My wife goes to all the bother of making proper custard and I prefer Birds custard any day.dry.gif

I appreciate this is pttgoyn, but that actually sounds thoughtful. she could have bought nothing.

I know, but it sounds horrible. The ingredients on that back are fine - expect for the fact they all end in powder. It smells horrible too.

It will probably be fine.

We'll see.

It's pancake day.

Looks like it gets fairly good reviews according to a quick google search. Just pour plenty of sugar/lemon/syrup on them and you won't be able to tell the difference.

I know, but it sounds horrible. The ingredients on that back are fine - expect for the fact they all end in powder. It smells horrible too.

We'll see.

do you like potnoodle? its basically the same idea. dehydrated pancake mix. just make sure enough water is added and its thoroughly mixed. it'll be fab.

We'll see.

Why don't you get off your arse, go and buy eggs, flour, milk etc and make the proper pancakes yourself, instead of bitching about your mum basically running about after you, ya lazy wee ungrateful shite?

do you like potnoodle? its basically the same idea. dehydrated pancake mix. just make sure enough water is added and its thoroughly mixed. it'll be fab.

Not really.

Made one. It was edible but it wasn't very nice. It didn't flip properly, so I was left with a line of pancake.

Why don't you get off your arse, go and buy eggs, flour, milk etc and make the proper pancakes yourself, instead of bitching about your mum basically running about after you, ya lazy wee ungrateful shite?

k

Made one. It was edible but it wasn't very nice. It didn't flip properly, so I was left with a line of pancake.

Snort it. Might be a bit difficult to start with, but I imagine it would get progressively easier as you moved along the line.

You should get your own TV show. Nobody would watch, but it would sure take your Sally Sensitive routine elsewhere and give us peace.

I saw a heart shaped frying pan in the Metro today that would have been perfect for you, Smurph.

How much batter are you using? Looks like an awful lot there, but it's hard to tell if it's because you've used too much or if it's just because it's a big splodge on the plate. For a decent pancake, get the pan with a tiny bit of oil in hot, to the point where it starts to smoke. Reduce the heat underneath it a bit and put your batter in. You know those plastic serving spoons you get for putting your dinner out? Two of them should be more than enough. The batter will start to cook immediately, so keep the pan moving to spread the liquid around as much as you can. Put it back on the heat and keep checking how easily the pancake moves away from the sides of the pan. If it's coming loose easily, you should be able to shake it completely loose ready for flipping. Cook the other side and Bob is your maw's bro.