Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Half days. It's braw when you've got a hangover and are delaying going in, but I've been up since 7am today and can't really do anything as I start at 1pm. Waste of a morning.

When it is someones birthday and their facebook page is full of people who they don't even speak to saying "Happy Birthday". It was my birthday a couple of months ago and people I don't even like or haven't spoken to in ages were wishing me a happy birthday. The only reason they know its your birthday is because of facebook and they don't actually give a flying fuck about you.

If anyone deserves a Happy Birthday from me, I will text them or tell them face to face.

When it is someones birthday and their facebook page is full of people who they don't even speak to saying "Happy Birthday". It was my birthday a couple of months ago and people I don't even like or haven't spoken to in ages were wishing me a happy birthday. The only reason they know its your birthday is because of facebook and they don't actually give a flying fuck about you.

If anyone deserves a Happy Birthday from me, I will text them or tell them face to face.

Then why do you have them on facebook?

Same here :(

It's on a par with no getting a response at all.

I find that really annoying. its almost insulting. I mean even a stock reply like the "high volume of applicants....experience more closely matched....." etc. is better.

I even had the jobcentre wifey ask me if I thought i was 'overqualified' the other day. and I bloody well nearly went "of course I'm overqualified! I have two masters degrees and a PGCE! You're sending me for basic call centre work! Good grief woman! I could do YOUR job standing on my head! And do it more successfully too!" but I didn't -because I would like their money just now- I just went, " oh? um.....maybe" whilst restraining the urge to rip her throat out.

actually without insulting the Phoenix and any other similar people. Does anyone else find the DWP's front line employees to be really patronising? Maybe I'm paranoid.

edit: also now that I think about it. Women who start an msn conversation about lets say, a date, and then half way through the conversation change subject entirely and never return to arranging the date. I mean I don't mind, really I don't if you've changed your mind in the space of the convo, but to NEVER mention it again is both annoying and unclear. I thought I imagined it at first. But I keep a complete convo history in MSN. anyway its very petty but it needed to be aired. I feel better for it.

Edited by theentomologist

I find that really annoying. its almost insulting. I mean even a stock reply like the "high volume of applicants....experience more closely matched....." etc. is better.

I even had the jobcentre wifey ask me if I thought i was 'overqualified' the other day. and I bloody well nearly went "of course I'm overqualified! I have two masters degrees and a PGCE! You're sending me for basic call centre work! Good grief woman! I could do YOUR job standing on my head! And do it more successfully too!" but I didn't -because I would like their money just now- I just went, " oh? um.....maybe" whilst restraining the urge to rip her throat out.

actually without insulting the Phoenix and any other similar people. Does anyone else find the DWP's front line employees to be really patronising? Maybe I'm paranoid.

edit: also now that I think about it. Women who start an msn conversation about lets say, a date, and then half way through the conversation change subject entirely and never return to arranging the date. I mean I don't mind, really I don't if you've changed your mind in the space of the convo, but to NEVER mention it again is both annoying and unclear. I thought I imagined it at first. But I keep a complete convo history in MSN. anyway its very petty but it needed to be aired. I feel better for it.

Some of the people at the job centre don't have a clue about what work you are qualified to do. One of them asked me if I wanted to go for a job as a head chef,I told her that I don't have the qualifications to do that job,she told me that I couldn't refuse to apply for the job! :rolleyes::blink:

Some of the people at the job centre don't have a clue about what work you are qualified to do. One of them asked me if I wanted to go for a job as a head chef,I told her that I don't have the qualifications to do that job,she told me that I couldn't refuse to apply for the job! :rolleyes::blink:

this was like 3 months in and they were asking me for a C.V so I said, do you want my non teaching or teaching one? and they went -now given that one of my options is teaching and one is TA -"oh, you're a teacher?!"

I don't refuse to apply, i just never get them because one look at my c.v. they see my qual. and they think -will ditch it if a decent gig comes along no thanks.

it is indeed the fragrant Rosie Marcel. Tbh it was going on FB but I thought I 'd test it out first. its the high cheek bones and red hair and the Naylor attitude that I like.

Aye she plays the part of the hard nosed bitch really well. Really unusual face!

I was once friends with them, and I would like to facebook stalk them and laugh at how shit their life has become.

Ah, I see. Thinking on that, I actually used to have friends like that on facebook. Unfortunately, they ended up annoying me to the point where I had to delete them, but it warms my heart to know that they still can't spell, live in the same house, hang around with the same people and have the same dilemmas (Lambrini or Lambrini cherry?) they did at school.

it is indeed the fragrant Rosie Marcel. Tbh it was going on FB but I thought I 'd test it out first. its the high cheek bones and red hair and the Naylor attitude that I like.

She is most of the reason why I watch Holby City.

Whatever happened to Connie Beauchamp? Her deathstare was definitely a semi-inducer.

I've got a fucking ear infection. Missing both college and work because of it. Incredibly painful, however I've been watching clips from limmy's show all day so that has brightened things up ever so slightly.

Edited by jamamafegan4