Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

The point is the qualification is worth f**k all. I'm willing to bet that the vast majority of caterers in the UK are good at their job without taking cake decorating qualifications at school. I'm willing to bet that the vast majority of cake decorators in the UK are skilled at their medium not because of a school qualification but because of natural talent alone or because of post school training courses.

Contrast with the science example. Not to have a basic grounding in the sciences restricts your capacity in so many fields. The nuclear scientist, the aerospace engineer and the surgeon are all more important than the baker of the scrumptious Victoria sponge.

that's an argument for reforming the qualification, not killing everything that you don't personally rate.

you're point re the value of science to everyday life is a good one. its true and its integral to lesson planning science lessons, but its not a reason simply to give me money and not give the music department any.

and the bit about being a cake expert through being naturally gifted is countermanded by; a) if you don't try it you wont know and b) bythis.

however nothing you said answers the fundamental point that gove is an ideologically driven wealthy c**t with no knowledge or experience of education and is making policy simply on the basis of an I think style. This is best evidenced by his abolition of (not reform of) the schools building thing.

that's an argument for reforming the qualification, not killing everything that you don't personally rate.

you're point re the value of science to everyday life is a good one. its true and its integral to lesson planning science lessons, but its not a reason simply to give me money and not give the music department any.

Good thing that's not what's happening then...

and the bit about being a cake expert through being naturally gifted is countermanded by; a) if you don't try it you wont know and b) bythis.

I didn't actually disagree with any of that. I merely said that it's not a qualification that is important to be taught at school.

however nothing you said answers the fundamental point that Gove is an ideologically driven wealthy c**t with no knowledge or experience of education and is making policy simply on the basis of an I think style. This is best evidenced by his abolition of (not reform of) the schools building thing.

No knowledge or experience of education? Evidence please?

Simply making the policy on the basis of an "I think" style? Evidence please?

The abolition of the Building Schools for the Future Programme was done because it wasn't delivering value for money. If you saw the typical architects fees on a solitary building it would horrify you. The PFI contracts were utterly shambolic and a proper review of how school premises are upgraded/replaced is necessary before throwing more money down the drain.

Good thing that's not what's happening then...

I didn't actually disagree with any of that. I merely said that it's not a qualification that is important to be taught at school.

No knowledge or experience of education? Evidence please?

Simply making the policy on the basis of an "I think" style? Evidence please?

The abolition of the Building Schools for the Future Programme was done because it wasn't delivering value for money. If you saw the typical architects fees on a solitary building it would horrify you. The PFI contracts were utterly shambolic and a proper review of how school premises are upgraded/replaced is necessary before throwing more money down the drain.

I did say abolished. I'd quite happily have it reformed, as having seen the brochures for sinks first hand it was a little repetitive. edit: however, repetition is often preferred to crumbling infrastructure.

I'm right re the other two points, but you're request for evidence is a little ill timed as I'm far toobusy to go data mining through google for it at the moment, give it a day or so. But I haven't forgotten -just in case you go ah, no evidence.

Edited by theentomologist

I did say abolished. I'd quite happily have it reformed, as having seen the brochures for sinks first hand it was a little repetitive. edit: however, repetition is often preferred to crumbling infrastructure.

I'm right re the other two points, but you're request for evidence is a little ill timed as I'm far toobusy to go data mining through google for it at the moment, give it a day or so. But I haven't forgotten -just in case you go ah, no evidence.

You have absolutely zero evidence that "no" money is going to music departments in state schools as a result of the English Baccalaureate. You have absolutely zero evidence that Michael Gove has no knowledge or expertise in the education sector. You have absolutely zero evidence that education policy is being made "simply" on a policy of "I think".

You have absolutely zero evidence that "no" money is going to music departments in state schools as a result of the English Baccalaureate. You have absolutely zero evidence that Michael Gove has no knowledge or expertise in the education sector. You have absolutely zero evidence that education policy is being made "simply" on a policy of "I think".

goading will do you no good at all. when I've got time I'll respond more. Gove is a Journo done good. he's never studied education. the changes that have been made thus far are ideologically driven.

frankly at the moment my pttgoyn is you.

goading will do you no good at all. when I've got time I'll respond more. Gove is a Journo done good. he's never studied education. the changes that have been made thus far are ideologically driven.

frankly at the moment my pttgoyn is you.

Evidence that not studying education means someone has no knowledge or expertise in it please?

:P

It's a shame you don't know what you are talking about when it comes to development and construction. PFI contracts can actually been extremely beneficial to local authorities. The problem is most people don't understand PFI/PPP/NPD. There are plenty of ways for the authorities to recoup some of the unitary charges. The added benefit of having zero financial risk is also extremely beneficial. PFI/PPP /NPD is here to stay whether you like it or not, especially in Scotland.

It's a shame you don't know what you are talking about when it comes to development and construction. PFI contracts can actually been extremely beneficial to local authorities. The problem is most people don't understand PFI/PPP/NPD. There are plenty of ways for the authorities to recoup some of the unitary charges. The added benefit of having zero financial risk is also extremely beneficial. PFI/PPP /NPD is here to stay whether you like it or not, especially in Scotland.

PFI has been a complete and utter disaster. Horrifically negotiated, hide the true cost off the books, and leave us still paying for schools built 5-10 years ago when I'm approaching retirement. I don't see any benefit to that at all.

Evidence that not studying education means someone has no knowledge or expertise in it please?

:P

I see. Made a rod for my own back there, should have been sufficient rather than no. fair enough. well played. excellent debating.

I'm still right. And you're pestering is stopping me from doing more important things -well goaded.

relational databases? is it mapping one out? that is mind numbingly dull stuff. my sympathies.

Yeah, relational stuff. A lot of bollocks, no one uses Databases anymore, it's all Spreadsheets.

So I go into farmys most days for a drink at lunch, and I usually get oasis which has been running a deal of 1 for 99p or 2 for a pound, but I only have room in my bag for one, so I only want one! Yet every time I go to buy it I get a little lecture by the person selling me it, telling me to buy two because it's only 1p more, what part of "I only want one" don't they understand.

So I go into farmys most days for a drink at lunch, and I usually get oasis which has been running a deal of 1 for 99p or 2 for a pound, but I only have room in my bag for one, so I only want one! Yet every time I go to buy it I get a little lecture by the person selling me it, telling me to buy two because it's only 1p more, what part of "I only want one" don't they understand.

You're a total fucking fanny.

Go halfers with a pal

PFI has been a complete and utter disaster. Horrifically negotiated, hide the true cost off the books, and leave us still paying for schools built 5-10 years ago when I'm approaching retirement. I don't see any benefit to that at all.

And, that is why Mr Salmond and his SNP are going to continue using the model?