Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Yes and I find it equally frustrating that I am paid every 4 weeks by my employer, who happen to be the Council, and the bank only being able to set up direct debits on a monthly basis. I'd quite like for everything to be taken out on payday.

Pretty sure that the responsibility for the frequency of direct debits lies with the company taking the money, not the bank. My bank certainly offers me four-weekly direct debits should I wish them.

Yes and I find it equally frustrating that I am paid every 4 weeks by my employer, who happen to be the Council, and the bank only being able to set up direct debits on a monthly basis. I'd quite like for everything to be taken out on payday.

Ask to set up a standing order rather than a direct debit,Then you can state that it comes off your account every 4 weeks.

Getting stuck behind old woman in the shops at lunchtime.

YOU'VE GOT ALL FUCKING DAY TO DO YOUR SHOPPING, YOU DAFT BINT, STOP DOING IT AT LUNCHTIME WHEN OTHER FOLK ONLY HAVE 45 MINUTES TO DO EVERYTHING THEY NEED TO DO

Stole some old wifeys bag on the bus using my ninja stealth.

Actually it was pretty easy....she was too busy to notice my hand while talking sh*te to someone about how much a c**t her grandson is...

fcuk all in it though sad.gif

haha I kid. That's terrible mate, how much did they get away with? sad.gif

My wee girl fell at school today and burst her hands and knees open. Obviously she got a wee bit of a fright. She also said she was feeling sick so they called her mum to say what had happened.

Now, this call from the school was like "Ms ........ , your daughter has slipped at school. Could you come and collect her as soon as possible. She said she is feeling sick as well, then hung up!!!!

Cue mad dash from her work in Stirling to Bonnybridge to collect her.

On arrival, the wean was still sobbing a wee bit, but here is the kicker (and it prob has been mentioned before on here), they did not clean any of the wounds to apply antiseptic cream or the likes. What the f**k is wrong with schools now? I can understand them not giving out pills or liquid medicines but to simply not wipe a wound to get the dirt out is shocking sad.gif.

Oh, the wean is fine now, sitting on the couch with her Mum watching Astroboy on dvd.

On arrival, the wean was still sobbing a wee bit, but here is the kicker (and it prob has been mentioned before on here), they did not clean any of the wounds to apply antiseptic cream or the likes. What the f**k is wrong with schools now? I can understand them not giving out pills or liquid medicines but to simply not

Scared of being sued. I wouldn't blame the schools, I'd blame the people who go lawyer mad.

Scared of being sued. I wouldn't blame the schools, I'd blame the people who go lawyer mad.

Maybe you are right sad.gif. Seems a bit daft to me. I mean, wear plastic gloves, clean wound, discard paper towel, gloves etc. It would probably have calmed the wean down as well

I remember when I was in Primary School and I was stung by a wasp. It was on my hand and it swelled up really bad. Instead of phoning my mum or sending me home the school gave me a piece of frozen meat (:lol:) from the kitchen to take the swelling away! My mum couldn't believe it.

Looking back, some of the things that happened at Primary School are quite ridiculous. When I was in P1 we were all given milk and biscuits (is that normal? maybe the milk is, but biscuits?) at breaktime, and one time they only had biscuits with nuts left. The teacher told me I had to take it, so I did. Now, the school knew I was severely allergic to nuts so I assume the teacher did too, yet she made me eat it. I was violently sick and obviously very ill. Her answer? Drink your milk. She wouldn't let me go home at first, and it wasn't until I was going in and out of consciousness that she finally called my mum.

I don't think anything happened to her in the end.

Pretty sure that the responsibility for the frequency of direct debits lies with the company taking the money, not the bank. My bank certainly offers me four-weekly direct debits should I wish them.

You may be right about the responsibility but can you not change the date the company debits the money from your account with your bank and cancel them from there?

I have a standing order that transfers money from my current account into my savings account and I was informed by the clerk(?) that this would need to be done monthly, i.e. a set date every month, as they dont or cant do 4 weekly to coincide with the date I am paid. I dont have many direct debits mind you but the standing order is the most substantial of any of my 'outgoings'.

The bank is Nationwide and, to be honest, I haven't read up on policy and have taken this girls word for it really.

Girlfriend is far too good at arguing. dry.gif

You've just shamed yourself in front of men everywhere.

The key is, regardless of whether you've lost the agument, to make it seem like she's been worse throughout. Act upset, get angry, pretend to sob etc. just make sure that she apologises first wink.gif

You've just shamed yourself in front of men everywhere.

The key is, regardless of whether you've lost the agument, to make it seem like she's been worse throughout. Act upset, get angry, pretend to sob etc. just make sure that she apologises first wink.gif

Its unreal iv dealt with other girls being pissy before but shes unreal , she has a defence for everything! Im giving it 5 minutes then taking your advice :lol:

1. The ariel that I paid £15 for so I could get a good signal on all channels on my freeview box is, well, doing the exact opposite. The Spurs game will be fucking finished by the time I get a signal. Absolute pile of shit so it is.

2. There's a woman and her wee kid that live directly above me, and the kid must be practising for the playgroup olympics as he is constantly running about like a herd of elephants. I'm stuck whether to batter the ceiling (their floor) with a brush, or go up there and kick the wummin right in the pie.