Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Just got to the end of Twin Peaks. Gets on my nerves partly because it was so enjoyable watching it all for the first time, I've never been that involved in a programme and don't know what I'll do with my free time now I'm not watching it, and partly because the ending

killed me, as much as I could see that coming.

Edited by Dunning1874

after going a jog on monday and playing football on tuesday, i'm pretty sore and i have a huge blister on the ball of my foot and am having to walk on the side of my foot

curse my love for the game

After such excersions straight in a cold bath for 5 mins, right after the exercise, your life will change forever.

Surely for joint/muscle pain a hot bath would be the way to go?

You'd think so yes but, jumping straight in a cold one (topped up with ice if you can man up enough) makes your muscles tighten up pushing the lactic acid out of your muscles, when the new blood flows into the muscles when you heat up after bath, fresh blood comes in and aids recovery.

Some shit like that but I suffer badly from lactic acid and tired legs, and it's been a life saver to me.

Edit to add.- Gaz will prob know the ins and outs of why it helps, I just know that my weggies fweel bwetter after.

Edited by rajpelt

You'd think so yes but, jumping straight in a cold one (topped up with ice if you can man up enough) makes your muscles tighten up pushing the lactic acid out of your muscles, when the new blood flows into the muscles when you heat up after bath, fresh blood comes in and aids recovery.

Some shit like that but I suffer badly from lactic acid and tired legs, and it's been a life saver to me.

Ice baths are what footie teams do after a heavy game, apparently.

I've just found out i'm working:

Friday night from 6-finish (11pm or later)

Saturday morning 8-12

Saturday night 6pm- finish

So its going to no doubt be at least 15 hours and not only do i miss the football, i'm supposed to be going to a barbecue on saturday night and I'll be getting like 7 hours sleep which will not lead to a happy me. I've only just started too, hmph sad.gif

Saturday morning 8-12

So its going to no doubt be at least 15 hours and not only do i miss the football, i'm supposed to be going to a barbecue on saturday night and I'll be getting like 7 hours sleep which will not lead to a happy me. I've only just started too, hmph sad.gif

Is it not pretty common in shift-based jobs that new folk will always get landed with the shitty ones to start with?

Saturday morning 8-12

I've had 7 hours sleep or less every night for the past month or so, it's a bugger when you have to get up but after that I'm fine.