Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

DHL having lost a parcel that i was due to get last week have now failed to deliver the replacement,My car has now been off the road for a week dry.gif

Gave your 15 second gap thing a try today when i was out driving. Turned the key and drove to the end of my drive signalled left, and waited..and waited...and waited....Thirty minutes passed and still i couldn't energe safely within the 'safe gap' so i reversed back and walked to the shop.

Gave your 15 second gap thing a try today when i was out driving. Turned the key and drove to the end of my drive signalled left, and waited..and waited...and waited....Thirty minutes passed and still i couldn't energe safely within the 'safe gap' so i reversed back and walked to the shop.

Just do as i am told ;)

My girlfriend crashed her car just outside Campbeltown tonight. Fucking shat it...

Thought I might need to miss the football tomorrow!

Na, in all seriousness i don't think I've ever been so worried in my life. Thankfully she's just got a cut on her head, which needed some stiches, plus a few bruises. A lucky escape given it rolled over 3 times! Shes only been on the road three weeks too, and she's a cracking wee driver. Just went round a bend which was sharper than she thought, a road that was quite slippy from all the rain, the car slid when she hit the brake to slow down a bit and then just came off the ground, rolled a few times then landed back up straight. Cars a write off, but at least she's alright.

My girlfriend crashed her car just outside Campbeltown tonight. Fucking shat it...

Na, in all seriousness i don't think I've ever been so worried in my life. Thankfully she's just got a cut on her head, which needed some stiches, plus a few bruises. A lucky escape given it rolled over 3 times! Shes only been on the road three weeks too, and she's a cracking wee driver. Just went round a bend which was sharper than she thought, a road that was quite slippy from all the rain, the car slid when she hit the brake to slow down a bit and then just came off the ground, rolled a few times then landed back up straight. Cars a write off, but at least she's alright.

Really happy she ok mate

Glad she is alright but I would hardly class that as classy driving.

Women eh.

I've never known trying to offload an Xbox with games and accessories to be so difficult. Got offered £75 at Gamestation and frankly laughed in their face, nearly as low as keithgy's offer! ;)

I've never known trying to offload an Xbox with games and accessories to be so difficult. Got offered £75 at Gamestation and frankly laughed in their face, nearly as low as keithgy's offer! ;)

Why the hell did you reject that?! There's a new xBox coming out I'm sure, I'd have bitten their hand off for that. Did you try GeForce btw just up the street (Union) from Gamestation? They usually offer good prices.

Just reading through Facebook earlier.

A friend had placed a message on her wall expressing pride in her daughter's recent academic achievements. There were various comments posted below. Congratulations from friends and whatnot. Also among them were remarks along the lines of 'Well she won't be working at such and such a place, will she!?'; 'She won't have to do such and such a qualification!'.

Obviously attempts at humour, I imagine playing on the premise that people whom work in whatever place it was or do whatever qualification it was are of a lesser intelligence or have an inferior will to work.

I must say I was incensed. It may well all have been meant facetiously but for the persons in question to assume that someone's scholastic aptitude or credentials gained therefrom should dictate their ambition, earnings or indeed quality of life (the statements seemed to carry that inference) fucking enrages me.

I hate that attitude, I fucking hate it. And it is fucking rife too. All the more infuriating.

Maybe it's just me but I find there's something utterly loathsome about academia, 'student-ness' and all the associated pomp, pride and pretence.