Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Because they are the Royal Bank of Scotland and they are SHITE!!mad.gif

I changed bank accounts from the Royal Bank of Scotland to the Bank of Scotland. I now have two letters from the RBS as follows:

1. We demand the repayment of your RBS personal loan as you have closed your account and having a open RBS account is a condition of the loan.

2. We cannot close your account as requested as you have an outstanding personal RBS loan.

Dear RBS,

Make your fúcking minds up. Either I HAVE or I DON'T have an account with you!

What's even more irksome is that I am still making my regular monthly repayments to them!dry.gif

Loving the harness! We just let Kishmuil guinea-pig run round the lounge for exercise. I have just emailed my partner and suggested we invest in a harness to take Kishmuil walkies round the garden. biggrin.gif

Do they do them in rat size as well?! unsure.gif

My other half was looking into that a while back as my last rat was a giant, the pet shop suggested a ferret harness would suffice as he was a big thing.

I changed bank accounts from the Royal Bank of Scotland to the Bank of Scotland. I now have two letters from the RBS as follows:

1. We demand the repayment of your RBS personal loan as you have closed your account and having a open RBS account is a condition of the loan.

2. We cannot close your account as requested as you have an outstanding personal RBS loan.

Dear RBS,

Make your fúcking minds up. Either I HAVE or I DON'T have an account with you!

What's even more irksome is that I am still making my regular monthly repayments to them!

Surely what that's saying is just that you took out a personal loan with them on the condition that you hold an RBS account, and you have two choices:

- Either close the account and repay the personal loan (as you don't fulfil that condition any more)

- Keep the account open (and keep the personal loan)?

The monthly payment issue is irrelevant. I agree that the wording of the letters you've received could be improved, but it doesn't seem too hard to work out.

We (me and my sister) had leads for our Guinea Pigs. Not that we took them anywhere interesting for walks, just round the garden or close. I was an incredibly cool kid.

SSR62292.JPG

They're cool, you could use them like a mace and hit people with them. Or just swing them round your head really fast to see what happened.

Edit: Or play at The Olympics and have a hammer throwing style competition.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

Because they are the Royal Bank of Scotland and they are SHITE!!mad.gif

TBF, the Bank of Scotland are equally shite. I've just had three letters within 48hrs from them thanking me for notifying them of my change of address.

That's what yer maw said

then correct she is! I do have a harness, what a wonderful woman.

Do they do them in rat size as well?! unsure.gif

It's fully adjustable for various sizes because we used it when he was a young'un so i don't see why a rat wouldn't fit into one

Surely what that's saying is just that you took out a personal loan with them on the condition that you hold an RBS account, and you have two choices:

- Either close the account and repay the personal loan (as you don't fulfil that condition any more)

- Keep the account open (and keep the personal loan)?

The monthly payment issue is irrelevant. I agree that the wording of the letters you've received could be improved, but it doesn't seem too hard to work out.

No, you're being as thick as them.

The point is, it shouldn't matter where my salary is being paid into, providing I'm meeting my monthly payments - which I am and haven't missed since the loan started. I wanted to renegotiate the loan but they wouldn't have it and were so unhelpful I decided to change banks.

So despite meeting all my repayments as usual and having the account kept open - according to them - they are now demanding the whole loan be repaid because I have closed my account, but I haven't because - according to them - it can't be closed whilst I still have a loan with them.

It's banking according to Joseph Heller, FFS!dry.gif

It's fully adjustable for various sizes because we used it when he was a young'un so i don't see why a rat wouldn't fit into one

Thanks for that. If we get one for the Guinea-pig, we'll have a shot at adjusting it to fit the rats. The only problem I can see is getting it on the rat in the first place!laugh.gif

The point is, it shouldn't matter where my salary is being paid into, providing I'm meeting my monthly payments - which I am and haven't missed since the loan started. I wanted to renegotiate the loan but they wouldn't have it and were so unhelpful I decided to change banks.

So despite meeting all my repayments as usual and having the account kept open - according to them - they are now demanding the whole loan be repaid because I have closed my account, but I haven't because - according to them - it can't be closed whilst I still have a loan with them.

You're the one who is thick.

There's a difference between you closing your account, and them actually closing it.

Thanks for that. If we get one for the Guinea-pig, we'll have a shot at adjusting it to fit the rats. The only problem I can see is getting it on the rat in the first place!laugh.gif

You have to make sure they're on super tight. The first few times I used it I ended up chasing Arnold (the guinea pig) around the garden. What seemed tight to me evidently wasn't to them.

I think the letters make perfect sense. One is telling you to pay back the loan because you've requested to close your account. The other is saying the cant close the account until you have paid back the loan. Pay the loan off and they will then be able to close your account.

Oh, and it often does matter where you have your current account, because most banks will offer better interest rates for loans to their own banking customers. You're only eligible to receive that rate while you bank with them.

:blink: A bit uncalled for, but hey, whatever.

:huh: No-one's talking about where your salary is paid, so I'm not sure why you've brought that up. By your own admission, a condition of the loan was that you have an open RBS account. If you don't have an open RBS account, you fail the condition of the loan and should have to repay it. That's fair enough to me, as you're not sticking to one of the conditions of the loan that you'd have agreed to when you took it out.

It's banking according to Joseph Heller, FFS!

As I said, I agree that the wording of the letters is poor. However, it's plain as day to see what they're saying. You want to close this account - you either repay the loan, or to keep the loan you need to keep the account open. It's not rocket science.

As I said, I agree that the wording of the letters is poor. However, it's plain as day to see what they're saying. You want to close this account - you either repay the loan, or to keep the loan you need to keep the account open. It's not rocket science.

I wanted to renegotiate the RBS loan as the repayments are becoming onerous but the RBS wouldn't let me.

Thus I changed banks to BoS but, as I should have added, BoS can't take over the loan (at a better repayment rate) whilst it is in dispute with RBS.

So RBS have effectively trapped me into either settling the loan in full (impossible) or keeping the increasingly crippling repayments at the current rate with them and stopping me from repaying them in full by negotiating a better consolidation loan with another bank.

Does that make it any clearer as to why I would like to see the RBS as the next corporate institution to go into financial meltdown a la Berings/Northen Rock et al?!dry.gif

I wanted to renegotiate the RBS loan as the repayments are becoming onerous but the RBS wouldn't let me.

Thus I changed banks to BoS but, as I should have added, BoS can't take over the loan (at a better repayment rate) whilst it is in dispute with RBS.

So RBS have effectively trapped me into either settling the loan in full (impossible) or keeping the increasingly crippling repayments at the current rate with them and stopping me from repaying them in full by negotiating a better consolidation loan with another bank.

Does that make it any clearer as to why I would like to see the RBS as the next corporate institution to go into financial meltdown a la Berings/Northen Rock et al?!dry.gif

Not really. Theres nothing stopping you applying for a loan with another bank to pay the RBS one off.

That's all well and good, but isn't related whatsoever to what we were discussing at all.

Hope you get it sorted out, though.

And you called Gaz thick? :lol:

Do what Mr X says; take out a completely separate loan with whatever bank you want, and use it to pay off RBS.

(We shall then wait a few months in anticipation of you moaning about having to actually repay the money :rolleyes: )

Not really. Theres nothing stopping you applying for a loan with another bank to pay the RBS one off.

Aye, there is. It's complicated by the fact the RBS have involved a debt collecting agency despite me continuing to make full monthly payments, thus fúcking my chances of a BoS loan with this "bad credit" record they've created.

Hope you get it sorted out, though.

Cheers, much appreciated!

(Gaz - no longer the "worst one of them all" - not that you ever were, of course)

And you called Gaz thick? laugh.gif

Do what Mr X says; take out a completely separate loan with whatever bank you want, and use it to pay off RBS.

(We shall then wait a few months in anticipation of you moaning about having to actually repay the money rolleyes.gif )

1. I take it back, as I'm thick when it comes to money.

2. See above

3. I'm not complaining about paying; I'm complaining about not being able to renegotiate the rate at which I'm paying and being fúcked over by the RBS capitalist bastárds!dry.gifmad.gif