Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Guest The Phoenix

I cut my finger opening a tin about 3 and a half hours ago, it's still bleeding a little.

The world record for survival from bleeding from a cut is 3 hours 42 minutes.

If I'm cooking I tend to use margarine instead of butter beacuse it's cheaper. I also have a cheap olive oil for cooking and a more expensive one for salads.

You're not supposed to cook with olive oil or at least not fry with it as it turns carcinogenic or something. Maybe a chemist can explain.

Guest The Phoenix

Well I'm a world record breaker ;)

Soon to be posthumously - anyone who survives over 3 and a half hours, dies. :(

Guest The Phoenix

Heh you're not getting rid of me that easily. A tin of lentil soup will not be the death of me!

I'd miss you too much anyway, petal. ;)

Volcanic ash has stopped play:ph34r:

Might I be so bold as to suggest you start work on Plan B? :unsure:

[quote name='The Phoenix' date='13 May 2010 - 23:48' timestamp='1273794535' post='4465996'

Might I be so bold as to suggest you start work on Plan B? :unsure:

You may, but I dont have one.... Yet!!!

Will watch some classic cartoons on Boomerang to see if I can pick up some hints

Guest The Phoenix

You may, but I dont have one.... Yet!!!

Will watch some classic cartoons on Boomerang to see if I can pick up some hints

Tom and Jerry would be a veritable goldmine.

You're not supposed to cook with olive oil or at least not fry with it as it turns carcinogenic or something.  Maybe a chemist can explain.

I think (it been a while since I read the article) but the burning point of olive oil is lower, so you should use something else eg. sunflour oil. 

You know what else is ridiculous? People who seem to use a fucking pickaxe to get the butter out the tub. My flatmate is horrific at this. It looks like Edward Scissorhands has tried to get the butter out with his fingers.

What's so difficult about just taking the knife lightly across the surface of the butter, so that you take a very thin layer off the top?

People that use the same knife for spreading butter on bread,then use the same knife to spread jam on the bread...Without cleaning the knife of the butter first. :death:yucky

The hot water urn at work was switched off for the second day in a row and takes a good 45 minutes to heat up. Cue walk to the other side of the building mad.gif

Isn't carrying a cup of hot liquid not a danger to health and safety?