Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Surely it's got to be done that way, so that you can make it as strong or weak as you choose, once the milk has been added?

Oh, and regarding butter...

If it's in the fridge and not a cupboard, when your spreading it on bread, does it not rip the bread to bits? Eh? EH?!

Oh, Shakehands. I am disappointed.

You put the milk in last and you have the butter out for a few minutes before you use it to soften up. Milk first makes your tea far milkier than milk last, which I appreciate is fine for you, who prefers to have his teabag shaken in the general direction of a cup of hot milk than to drink real tea. The rest of us, however, like to taste something other than cow juice.

Oh, Shakehands. I am disappointed.

You put the milk in last and you have the butter out for a few minutes before you use it to soften up. Milk first makes your tea far milkier than milk last, which I appreciate is fine for you, who prefers to have his teabag shaken in the general direction of a cup of hot milk than to drink real tea. The rest of us, however, like to taste something other than cow juice.

Lyn Marie, that cuts like a sharp, sharp, knife!

Regarding butter, it would take far, far longer than 'a few minutes' to soften it sufficiently to spread on bread or toast. It must be either out of the fridge (if it must be kept there) for 30mins before use, or, perhaps more sensibly, in a cupboard. ;)

Regarding butter, it would take far, far longer than 'a few minutes' to soften it sufficiently to spread on bread or toast. It must be either out of the fridge (if it must be kept there) for 30mins before use, or, perhaps more sensibly, in a cupboard. ;)

Stick it in the microwave for a few seconds if you're a tad impatient.

He's from Cowden...

:P

Milk goes in before tea, it makes for a better cup. Fact. Its written. We use leaf tea as well which is miles ahead of any teabag nonsense.

I like to think of it like diluting juice and water, juice goes in first hence no need to stir it.

Milk should go in before you put the tea in, anyone who says otherwise is wrong. This is why a pot should always be used.

you must be cripplingly retarded to think that. tea goes in first then the milk. i use a dulux colour chart to tell when the tea is just right.

:P

Milk goes in before tea, it makes for a better cup. Fact. Its written. We use leaf tea as well which is miles ahead of any teabag nonsense.

I like to think of it like diluting juice and water, juice goes in first hence no need to stir it.

No, no, no.

Tea bag. Water. Milk. Stir. Remove teabag.

FACT!

Wrong tea-making process, AND you haven't got tellies either! ;)

Oh, and regarding butter...

If it's in the fridge and not a cupboard, when your spreading it on bread, does it not rip the bread to bits? Eh? EH?!

no. because you take it out shortly before using it, to bring it up to room temp, you dont use it straight from fridge. obviously.

Real butter, you're correct, however, the butter in question that started the whole discussion was Lurpak spreadable, the very same brand that is in my fridge at this precise moment. Lurpak spreadable is soft enough to spread onto the softest bread in just a couple of minutes. So there. :P

The Cowden-based poster is correct about one thing though: if you are making tea in a pot, the milk does indeed go into the cup first. Leaf tea is, of course, far superior to teabag tea. This was not the point raised though. The original post on the subject was in regard to the use of a teabag in a cup. For this, the teabag goes in first, the water on top of that and the milk is added only AFTER the teabag is removed.

Milk should go in before you put the tea in, anyone who says otherwise is wrong. This is why a pot should always be used.

this is incorrect. the tea goes in first -if possible suitably brewed in a pot yes, but bag removed before sugar into hot tea -sugar can then dissolve, then milk -if you have it in, I don't but that to taste. But scientifically speaking the milk raises the temperature of solution so would prevent sugar dissolving.

Instructions!

1. Boil the kettle, using just enough fresh water for your brew

2. Place teabag in your favourite mug

3. Slowly pour boiling water on the teabag. If you like, you can place the teabag on a spoon first

4. Leave for one minute, or as long as you like

5. Remove the teabag and add milk and sugar if you are that way inclined

6. Drink your brew

Real butter, you're correct, however, the butter in question that started the whole discussion was Lurpak spreadable, the very same brand that is in my fridge at this precise moment. Lurpak spreadable is soft enough to spread onto the softest bread in just a couple of minutes. So there. :P

The Cowden-based poster is correct about one thing though: if you are making tea in a pot, the milk does indeed go into the cup first. Leaf tea is, of course, far superior to teabag tea. This was not the point raised though. The original post on the subject was in regard to the use of a teabag in a cup. For this, the teabag goes in first, the water on top of that and the milk is added only AFTER the teabag is removed.

lurpak is a blend of butter and oil. thus can never become solid.its always slightly malleable.

you must be cripplingly retarded to think that. tea goes in first then the milk. i use a dulux colour chart to tell when the tea is just right.

A crippling retard that knows how to use capital, or BIG, letters.

Kettle boiled, into the pot with the leaf tea, milk sitting in a cup and pour. The perfect cup.

Another the the weegies cant do right...fnar

A crippling retard that knows how to use capital, or BIG, letters.

Kettle boiled, into the pot with the leaf tea, milk sitting in a cup and pour. The perfect cup.

Another the the weegies cant do right...fnar

Maybe, but I bet most of them would have gotten that sentence right.