Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

People who say 'mate' after everything.

"Hello mate" "How are you mate?" "I'm good mate" etc etc

Note: First person to reply to this with 'mate' on the end of their post is getting the much feared, red dot.

Aye I'm not a fan of that either. It's preferable to "buddy" though.

"Would you like sauce on that BUDDY?"

I'd rather mate or buddy then pal. That reminds me of that shitty little dog off Arthur.

laugh.gif So basically we reject any form of camaraderie in Scotland. We are such a miserable nation.

A lot of the foreigners like "my friend". I guess that has a similar irritance factor.

I'm pleased to say that my encounters with those who constantly say buddy or pal have been minimal.

I did, however, have someone just come up on Facebook saying "Your not playing football tomorrow are you mate?"

Not only did he combine 'mate' with the wrong type of 'your' but this was the second 'mate' used in 3 messages.

Guest The Phoenix

Fucking hell, they're only being civil, what does it matter?

I know this is the 'petty' thread, but some of the issues people have with stuff is unbelievable.

Couldn't agree with you more, mate.

I'd rather mate or buddy then pal. That reminds me of that shitty little dog off Arthur.

I hate it when lassies say "pal" to me. You know, you ask something and they go "aye, no problem pal". It's just screaming "I will never have sex with you".

Don't flatter yersel hen. Sorry, "pal".

I'm meant to be on study leave but i've just absolutely wasted the day on the ps3 and laptop and i just know there is no chance of me getting any work done whatsoever.

I passed my driving test the first week of study leave.....not sure how I managed to get the grades I did! :lol:

Eggs go in the fridge. That's why you have the egg shaped bits in the door.

Spread goes in the fridge.

Butter can go in the fridge, but if you do put it there, you have to take it out about 20-30 minutes before using it.

Fact.