Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I must defend social networks again here! I've just had a quick look at mine, and probably 90% of my friends list I don't have the phone for. I also reckon a good 80% are foreign or live abroad. This is also probably the case for the majority of friends I have on fb.

You know, people said the same thing about bebo. Its not the social network, its the people. If you have a problem with the people, don't have them as your friends. If you don't want anyone knowing what you are doing then don't post anything. I find it to be bloody handy in keeping in touch with people easily.

Edited...

I'd forgotten about the facebook style status updates! You want the battleship grey Away 2009 skin, it doesn't seem to have status updates enabled.

Nail on head mr xbl. Am I f**k going to pick up the phone and call friends in USA and Russia. I don't understand the moany shites on here who complain about people on their facebook. The simple option is to click 'remove from friends' or simply block them.

Nail on head mr xbl. Am I f**k going to pick up the phone and call friends in USA and Russia. I don't understand the moany shites on here who complain about people on their facebook. The simple option is to click 'remove from friends' or simply block them.

Yep, there is a hide option there so they don't appear on your news feed. You can still view their profile at any point to see what they're up to. They won't be removed from your friends list and they won't know that you've hidden them. About 1/4 of my list is hidden I think.

People, who leave their stuff at computers in the uni library, if your going to stop studying take your books with you, and let someone else use the computers.

Also people who just sit on Facebook as well, worst of all these people are usually your zany student types who do your suite degrees

Spot on Fudge! Full of people that feel the need to share everything they do with as many people as possible. 'look at me, look how crazy i am'.

I dont want anyone knowing what im doing

Absolutely spot on. There were people in my halls who moved furniture around their kitchen and tried to make it look like they were standing on the ceiling. The only motivation I can think of is that they took about forty pictures for Facebook. Bunch of c***s.

Agreed. I've actually got so pissed off with some people on facebook where I've implied that they should STFU as no cares. Didnt work though, but I find just deleting them as friends work as well.

Things like "i love big hugs", "to do the essay or not", "tonight will be messy messy messy" and "loves a good night out".........aye very good, now die!

"Going to study some German notes and listen to David Bowie =)", or something along those lines makes my blood boil for some reason. I'd love to say I don't care but it pisses me off.

People, who leave their stuff at computers in the uni library, if your going to stop studying take your books with you, and let someone else use the computers.

Also people who just sit on Facebook as well, worst of all these people are usually your zany student types who do your suite degrees

The first point is another that drives me mental.

I sometimes go on Facebook when I'm in the library so that I can speak to people from my course if I'm doing an assignment and need help. They tried to ban Facebook in the library here, don't know if it got passed or not.

Agreed. I've actually got so pissed off with some people on facebook where I've implied that they should STFU as no cares. Didnt work though, but I find just deleting them as friends work as well.

Things like "i love big hugs", "to do the essay or not", "tonight will be messy messy messy" and "loves a good night out".........aye very good, now die!

Now, I like facebook well enough, but this one always irks me.

Who knows of anyone who doesn't like a good night out? :blink:

Lack of teachers in school (apparently there's eleven of them still stuck in various places from Tenerife to Thailand) and not having a higher english or business management teacher is annoying f**k out of me. Stuck with a certain aspect of The Great Gatsby and I'm having to rely on Google for assistance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34mHZgP9vkc

Lack of teachers in school (apparently there's eleven of them still stuck in various places from Tenerife to Thailand) and not having a higher english or business management teacher is annoying f**k out of me. Stuck with a certain aspect of The Great Gatsby and I'm having to rely on Google for assistance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34mHZgP9vkc

I did that book last year. Have you watched the film of it?

I did that book last year. Have you watched the film of it?

Aye, I hated the book to begin with and didn't pay much attention to the film when we watched it, but as I'm getting more used to it (this is my second essay on it and we only started it before April) I'm appreciating how good it is. Always a question for it in the final exam so it's well worth studying for.

Still not done nearly as much as I'd have hoped to have done tonight (I have plans for tomorrow night) so hopefully I can get a fair bit done between now and when I go to bed and get it done in time.

Aye, I hated the book to begin with and didn't pay much attention to the film when we watched it, but as I'm getting more used to it (this is my second essay on it and we only started it before April) I'm appreciating how good it is. Always a question for it in the final exam so it's well worth studying for.

Still not done nearly as much as I'd have hoped to have done tonight (I have plans for tomorrow night) so hopefully I can get a fair bit done between now and when I go to bed and get it done in time.

Yes it's quite an easy one alright. The american dream is proved to be a myth, etc, etc

When someone tell's a shit joke then stares at you like some fuckin constipated deaf mute when they don't get a laugh. If you want to make me laugh mate, fall down a flight of stairs or something. :angry:

My stupid ipod. <_< I am trying to get it to sync after downloading a podcast onto it and it wont do it. This has only happened after the last up date for the ipod. The ipod "My ipod's name" cannot be synced . The required disk cannot be found.

I had 'Good cop', 'Bad cop' homosexuals on the phone last night taking turns to get annoyed at me as their Sky Player wasn't working.

One was shouting in the background and the other was calmly probing me ( :rolleyes: ) with questions that I'd explained to him about 5 times already. He put the phone down when I told him that I'd be releasing the call if his boyfriend didn't stop shouting.

On the plus side, I sorted out a wee 89 year old womans 'no satelite signal' after an engineer had been booked to go out on Monday. The poor old bugger had lost her husband in January and told me that the tv is the only company that she has nowadays. She was over the moon when I sorted her problem, poor wee thing.