Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

What you looking for them to do then? put it in your wallet for you?

No, I'm looking for them to do what some of them manage - to put the coins in my hand, then offer the notes for me to take with my fingers.

Free hugs? Free punch in the mouth.

I saw that as well...I gave it as wide a berth as I could manage. Fucking despise the atrium sometimes!

People of p&b, I have advice. Last night, I was planting chillis, and ran out of seeds in the packet. "No problem", thinks I, I've got chillis in the fridge. So I got one out (birds eye), and cut it open. I shook the seeds out, and this was fine, but it wasnt enough, so I scraped the remained of the seeds out with my thumbnail, which gave me enough.

That was about 12 hours ago, and since then, my thumb has continued to burn. I've scrubbed, I've cut my nails, I've scraped, and still, I can't get the chilli residue out of my thumb! It is just this constant, dull pain, that occasionally flares up. When it does, I have to stick it on my tongue to cool it down, but when I do that, it makes my mouth hurt for a minute. I can't stop it!

People of the forum, when scraping chillis out, use a knife, not a thumb.:(

Edited by xbl

I saw that as well...I gave it as wide a berth as I could manage. Fucking despise the atrium sometimes!

People of p&b, I have advice. Last night, I was planting chillis, and ran out of seeds in the packet. "No problem", thinks I, I've got chillis in the fridge. So I got one out (birds eye), and cut it open. I shook the seeds out, and this was fine, but it wasnt enough, so I scraped the remained of the seeds out with my thumbnail, which gave me enough.

That was about 12 hours ago, and since then, my thumb has continued to burn. I've scrubbed, I've cut my nails, I've scraped, and still, I can't get the chilli residue out of my thumb! It is just this constant, dull pain, that occasionally flares up. When it does, I have to stick it on my tongue to cool it down, but when I do that, it makes my mouth hurt for a minute. I can't stop it!

People of the forum, when scraping chillis out, use a knife, not a thumb.:(

I'm no gregg wallace, but my brief -I had google open in another tab- google search suggests a citric acid followed by milk placing of fingers might work.

e.g. cover hand in lemon juice then 5 minutes later plunge hand into a glass of milk. then rinse.

good luck.

edit to add: see here

Edited by theentomologist

I'd be raging if I was Dick Van Dyke's hospital administrator. He's worse than House, FFS! He's never actually in the hospital because he's too busy gallivanting about the place being shot at by drug dealers, and when he does eventually turn up for work, his patients almost always die.

You'd think, after nigh-on 200 folk close to him have been murdered over an 8 year period, someone would launch some sort of investigation into his behaviour. But wait! His very own son is a high-ranking policeman with significant influence. If that doesn't scream "cover-up!" then I don't know what does.

Then again, it did take 218 auld biddies before they cottoned on to Shippy. He's probably old Mark Sloan's hero.

You better be defending Diagnosis Murder here.

I sure am. I am devasted that my comments may have been construed as disrespectful towards Dr Mark Sloan.

Dunc i dont know what you are getting at but i dont like it. The Sloan family are out to help others.

The one that always gets me is 'Murder She Wrote'. Everywhere she goes someone dies and it always seems to be the same Sheriff investigating! And then theres Quicy, no one ever believes him but DAMMIT he is always right in the end!!

The one that always gets me is 'Murder She Wrote'. Everywhere she goes someone dies

Not only that, but it's always a 'friend' of hers. Imagine how much you'd shite it if you heard the dreaded words, 'Jessica's coming to visit you next week'.

Not only that, but it's always a 'friend' of hers. Imagine how much you'd shite it if you heard the dreaded words, 'Jessica's coming to visit you next week'.

:lol: Too true. Her book sales must dramatically drop every year by the time she has visited all her pals and they get knocked off one by one.

I don't answer "Unknown" numbers on my mobile.

It's funny how these missed calls never leave a message.

Stop phoning me!

It's your own fault for giving Kilt a red rating.

My nag is that my knee is still sore so I am having to miss kickboxing.

I sure am. I am devasted that my comments may have been construed as disrespectful towards Dr Mark Sloan.

Dunc i dont know what you are getting at but i dont like it. The Sloan family are out to help others.

I just read you wrong, i'm sorry for insinuating you would insult Mark Sloan. Not only a marvellous and dashing doctor, but a tremendous father and friend.

Regarding Murder, She Wrote, the thing that annoys me about it is that everyone in it loves Jessica Fletcher. There was an episode were she was actually accused of a murder, i was so happy.

Up yours Angela Lansbury!

Till operators who, when giving me my change, place notes in my hand then pile the coins on top.

What you looking for them to do then? put it in your wallet for you?

No, I'm looking for them to do what some of them manage - to put the coins in my hand, then offer the notes for me to take with my fingers.

Or for them to hand you the change,you put it in your wallet/pocket and then hand you the note. It really isn't that hard.