Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

My laptop is "plugged in, not charging", so it's sitting at 56% percent battery, without going up or down. I can't seem to get it to charge, so it's just sitting there blinking lights at me.

This is just an annoyance at the moment, but it's a Dell, if anyone knows how to fix it :)

I have a similar problem with my netbook (a "Bauernet" from Argos). I've already had to get one power pack replaced and the other one went kaput a few days ago. I've reached the end of my tether with it so I'm going to see if I can get a refund, given it's the second one to go in about 3 months.

Most likely your charger is Donald Ducked.

I actually think it's more likely to be the battery, because the charger is keeping it going, just not actually putting any power into the battery.

Gay.

Ah right. I thought you meant the charger was plugged in and nothing was happening and it was just the normal "battery" icon rather than the "charging" one.

If the "charging" is showing then either the battery itself or the charging circuit is fucked. If it's the former, you just need a new battery; if it's the latter your laptop is pretty much fucked unless left permanently on AC.

My laptop is "plugged in, not charging", so it's sitting at 56% percent battery, without going up or down. I can't seem to get it to charge, so it's just sitting there blinking lights at me.

This is just an annoyance at the moment, but it's a Dell, if anyone knows how to fix it :)

I actually think it's more likely to be the battery, because the charger is keeping it going, just not actually putting any power into the battery.

Gay.

My laptop is a Dell also, and displayed the same problems, Dunc.

As you say, it sounds as if it's the battery not getting power from the charger. I recommend a new battery.

:)

Look down the back of it, can you see 4 orange lights, if not blow down it to get the dust of it. If you still can't see 4 lights, a valve has gone. You can buy replacements Radio Rentals and Stepeks. When you get them ease the back off with a knife, make sure it's still plugged in so that you can identify the bust valve. Use a wet cloth to grip and remove the valve as it might be hot. Put the back back on and hammer it down with the heel of your shoe.

HTH.

Could be the charger. Thats what it was when my laptop was like that.

Arrogant? Selfish? :(

Hello G Man.

Your posts, and your general demeanour anger me. truthfully. so yes. arrogant and selfish.

why not go away for a few years and maybe get some therapy because you are bringing the forum down. it's your only way out g man, man.

Edited by Le Tiss