Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Whilst I can appreciate and understand why some have the above viewpoint on him, I actually find him quite funny, particularly on this sort of programme.

Tom I'm not getting at you in the slightest and I completely respect your opinion, but how? What is it he does that you find humourous? I just can't see any comedic qualities in him at all. Eddie Izzard for example, I don't find him funny but completely understand why others do.

Tom I'm not getting at you in the slightest and I completely respect your opinion, but how? What is it he does that you find humourous? I just can't see any comedic qualities in him at all. Eddie Izzard for example, I don't find him funny but completely understand why others do.

That's fine, I don't mind a difference of opinion.

I just find some of the jokes he makes (close to bone, I admit), his use of language in describing things, and his sarcastic comments humerous.

Ok I can maybe see it now. I was just curious mate. ;)

Ok, that's fine. ;)

As I say, I can totally see why others will have a differing opinion on him than that that I have, but I just find him amusing.

That was an extremely rare phenomena on P&B, Fraser. A relatively reasoned discussion/debate between two posters. :lol:

Edited by ShakehandsTom - DFC

Simple maths question...

If a 500ml bottle of orange juice is marked 99p then how much is a 750ml bottle of the same stuff marked 25% extra free?

according to Mr M.A. Hussain cashier of texaco service station it should be £1.35 and he refused to be swayed on the matter,his exact words being "you go lawyer...we go court..."

ive kept my receipt though but im not sure what to do.it seems a bit too victor meldrew to take it any further but i didnt even enjoy the juice because of what had happened.

i was embarassed trying to explain it to him and only gave in because people were behind me.

Simple maths question...

If a 500ml bottle of orange juice is marked 99p then how much is a 750ml bottle of the same stuff marked 25% extra free?

according to Mr M.A. Hussain cashier of texaco service station it should be £1.35 and he refused to be swayed on the matter,his exact words being "you go lawyer...we go court..."

ive kept my receipt though but im not sure what to do.it seems a bit too victor meldrew to take it any further but i didnt even enjoy the juice because of what had happened.

i was embarassed trying to explain it to him and only gave in because people were behind me.

It depends entirely on what they mean by "25% extra free". 25% of what?

Ok, that's fine. ;)

As I say, I can totally see why others will have a differing opinion on him than that that I have, but I just find him amusing.

That was an extremely rare phenomena on P&B, Fraser. A relatively reasoned discussion/debate between two posters. :lol:

:lol: True, but then again we don't have underlying offline problems that cause us to argue furiously with total strangers over the internet. It's a bit of fun and not to be taken seriously.

Poofs. :P

Oh get you. You're just jealous because Tom and I are the new TwisteH/Blair-skint-student orgy. :P

Edited by fraser_smfc

:lol: True, but then again we don't have underlying offline problems that cause us to argue furiously with total strangers over the internet. It's a bit of fun and not to be taken seriously.

Oh get you. You're just jealous because Tom and I are the new TwisteH/Blair-skint-student orgy. :P

The new? We're still here! :angry:

25% extra juice id imagine. the 750 ml bottle said on it "750mls for the price of 500mls"

right next to the bottle in the fridge was the 500ml bottle price marked 99p

i can see where they made the mistake because they shoulnt have had both bottles on sale at the same time. but thats not my problem

25% extra juice id imagine. the 750 ml bottle said on it "750mls for the price of 500mls"

right next to the bottle in the fridge was the 500ml bottle price marked 99p

i can see where they made the mistake because they shoulnt have had both bottles on sale at the same time. but thats not my problem

Well for a start, 25% of 500ml is 125ml, and 25% of 750ml is 187.5ml.

Either way, it's not the same as 750ml for the price of 500ml as you can't make a volume comparison by percentage that involves 25%.

Well for a start, 25% of 500ml is 125ml, and 25% of 750ml is 187.5ml.

Either way, it's not the same as 750ml for the price of 500ml as you can't make a volume comparison by percentage that involves 25%.

So what your saying is that i shouldnt go to my lawyer with this?