Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I'm only just posting this now because it still pisses me off.

My PTTGOYN is quite simply: Jermain Defoe

I had four bets on Sunday's game with Everton. I can't remember the odds but they were:

Draw at half time/Spurs win at full time

Defoe first scorer and Spurs 2-1 win (knackered after Cahill's equaliser I accept)

Spurs to win out of four games on the celebrity bet (Fulham had already come up trumps)

and a Fulham, Spurs and Roma treble at 8/1.

Now Tim Cahill's equaliser done me out of one and I accept that, as I said, but that wee p***k Defoe's penalty was probably the worst I've ever seen and has cost me a three-figure sum. I hope he gets gout before the World Cup.

:angry:

I'm only just posting this now because it still pisses me off.

My PTTGOYN is quite simply: Jermain Defoe

I had four bets on Sunday's game with Everton. I can't remember the odds but they were:

Draw at half time/Spurs win at full time

Defoe first scorer and Spurs 2-1 win (knackered after Cahill's equaliser I accept)

Spurs to win out of four games on the celebrity bet (Fulham had already come up trumps)

and a Fulham, Spurs and Roma treble at 8/1.

Now Tim Cahill's equaliser done me out of one and I accept that, as I said, but that wee p***k Defoe's penalty was probably the worst I've ever seen and has cost me a three-figure sum. I hope he gets gout before the World Cup.

:angry:

Lampard missing that penalty against Man City put me out to the tune of about £100 too. I only needed a draw!

Packs of bacon that have an odd number of rashers.

Obviously it's two rashers per sandwich/roll, very disappointing when you have an odd bit at the end.

I hate the fact that most packets have 8 rashers. I like 3 per roll.

Packs of bacon that have an odd number of rashers.

Obviously it's two rashers per sandwich/roll, very disappointing when you have an odd bit at the end.

Unless it's an odd extra.
2 rashers per sandwich? Scrooge.
I hate the fact that most packets have 8 rashers. I like 3 per roll.
Sorry, 3 rashers per roll. More bacon the better.

I'd agree with the three rasher proponents generally however I would suggest that it depends on the size of the rashers post grill/frying and also the size of the rolls/slices of bread involved. It might also be true that the spread/butter and the sauce used play a role in determining the optimum number of rashers.

2 rashers per sandwich? Scrooge.

As a student struggling with money, I think three would be excessive.

Another thing is that I like my bacon the way bacon is supposed to be (not completely overdone like most people seem to like it). If I was over cooking it to the extent that the rashers were all shrivelled and tiny, I'd need need more than two as well.