Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Street door buzzer goes. Postman. I press my entryphone to let him in. 30 seconds later my flat's letterbox box rattles. I pick up a card that says "You were out and your 'Packet' could not be delivered to you". As I finish reading I hear the street front door shut.

I now have to wait until Thursday to traipse across to the arse end of Paisley with my passport to pick my 'Packet' of two paperback books up. My Postman = LAZY CÚNT!! :angry:

Street door buzzer goes. Postman. I press my entryphone to let him in. 30 seconds later my flat's letterbox box rattles. I pick up a card that says "You were out and your 'Packet' could not be delivered to you". As I finish reading I hear the street front door shut.

I now have to wait until Thursday to traipse across to the arse end of Paisley with my passport to pick my 'Packet' of two paperback books up. My Postman = LAZY CÚNT!! :angry:

This is pretty much common practice i'm afraid Kilt.

I would love to be able to drive my car to it's full potential rather than having to drive it at less than half of what it is capable of.

What are the safety stats for the Autobahn?

Some of the safest in europe, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autobahn#Accident_evaluation

And the reason you couldn't nip along the street and catch said lazy git was..?

And the reason you couldn't nip along the street and catch said lazy git was..?

I was thinking that myself. I'd have ran after him, what a cock! (The Postie, not Kilt)

My Petty nag, there is so much that I need to be doing today, but can't actually be arsed doing it.

I was thinking that myself. I'd have ran after him, what a cock! (The Postie, not Kilt)

My Petty nag, there is so much that I need to be doing today, but can't actually be arsed doing it.

I could understand if (like in my building) the postie just shoved the card through the letter box of the front door, but it'll take substantially more effort to go to the sorting office than it would have to slip his baffies on, grab his keys and nip after him.

The games postponed. I'm absolutely raging. What an enthralling cup tie this had the potential to be. Will just have to revert to the nice warm house playing Football Manager all night!

Grr :angry:

See, I am actually really annoyed that it has been called off! I was really looking forward to Saturday, then I was really looking forward to tonight...

:(

Guest Burning Bridges
I would love to be able to drive my car to it's full potential rather than having to drive it at less than half of what it is capable of.

What are the safety stats for the Autobahn?

They're not bad.

The Autobahn had speed limit signs when we went though. Mind you, having checked Wiki I realise they were probably advisory. In any case most of the cars seem to keep to them.

See, I am actually really annoyed that it has been called off! I was really looking forward to Saturday, then I was really looking forward to tonight...

:(

I am a little annoyed to an extent. Cause I had plans before the game, which'll now be tattered.

Nevertheless, I hope Stranraer boot absolute shite of messers R.Winter, D.Winters, Halliday, Griffin, McParland, Hammill, McKenzie, Fox etc on Saturday, giving us a chance of winning next Tuesday, if that beats the weather.

Edited by ChrisyM92

I agree! I'm all for speed cameras and limits in accident blackspots and in towns, but on long straight roads...naaah!

Have you done the Stirling - Edinburgh Airport drive? If you time it right, that road gets properly deserted, my driver has got the jaaag up to 112 so far, before he bottled out.

Your crap patter aside, I've never driven to Edinburgh yet, but I've been through to Glasgow plenty of times. The road between Bonnybridge and Moodiesburn is horrendous just now - they're (I don't know how "they" are) adding a third lane to the motorway and, coupled with the roadworks, there's a 40mph speed limit in place and average speed cameras - but before and after it, you can give the car a bit of a spank. Coming to and from Larbert, there's a quality wee dip in the road that you can fly down. That's where I pushed 100mph last night.

I fancy that with the right amount of care, I can get it pushing 120mph (that's as far as the speed-o-meter goes, anyway).

I am a little annoyed to an extent. Cause I had plans before the game, which'll now be tattered.

Nevertheless, I hope Stranraer boot absolute shite of messers R.Winter, D.Winters, Halliday, Griffin, McKenzie, Fox etc on Saturday, giving us a chance of winning next Tuesday, if that beats the weather.

Ach well. The good news is I got myself a wee half season ticket at the weekend, so I'll be back at Broadwood for the rest of the season. Not sure how many of the away games I'll get to, but it's a start.

The Autobahn had speed limit signs when we went though. Mind you, having checked Wiki I realise they were probably advisory. In any case most of the cars seem to keep to them.

Its not all "anything goes", its only some sections. There seems to be a perception that "speed kills". It doesn't. Crashing kills. Driving dangerously kills, speed itself though, nah. Plus those speed limits were set decades back. In that time, car technology has improved immensely, so we have better engines, better brakes, safer cars, our tests are far more thorough than ever before, and yet, the speed limits haven't changed.

Its not all "anything goes", its only some sections. There seems to be a perception that "speed kills". It doesn't. Crashing kills. Driving dangerously kills, speed itself though, nah. Plus those speed limits were set decades back. In that time, car technology has improved immensely, so we have better engines, better brakes, safer cars, our tests are far more thorough than ever before, and yet, the speed limits haven't changed.

Would be interesting to see the accident statistics for both eras though.

Coupled with the fact the roads are undoubtedly more congested these days I'd say the speed limits don't need to be altered too much, maybe up to 80mph but no further.

Stirling--Edinburgh is a fast road and it has recorded some fast speeds,a number of footballers have been done there,thew section around Linlithgow to Falkirk seems favorite.But a word of warning Plod has a white unmarked BMW on patrol. They also sit on the bridges above the motorway.

I'm only a third through an essay due for Thursday. I have no idea what I'm doing, I'm finding the lecture notes no use whatsoever and the book is nowhere to be found. I have no idea what I'm doing, let alone how to strech the rest of the essay out. I've not been roped into 5-a-sides tonight and I really don't want to go. If it wasn't for this essay I'd be cruising just now. GRRR. Roll on Friday... :(

Stirling--Edinburgh is a fast road and it has recorded some fast speeds,a number of footballers have been done there,thew section around Linlithgow to Falkirk seems favorite.But a word of warning Plod has a white unmarked BMW on patrol. They also sit on the bridges above the motorway.

I find that about 5am does the trick though. When flying from Edinburgh airport, I time my flights so I can give it some when its quiet!

Coupled with the fact the roads are undoubtedly more congested these days I'd say the speed limits don't need to be altered too much, maybe up to 80mph but no further.

But in Scotland, the roads really aren't that congested! And Germany isn't exactly car free, yet they seem to manage. It wouldn't be anything goes for all motorways either...after all, some are busier than others. But for example, that Stirling Edinburgh road...a lot of that road is absolutely empty with very few junctions. It doesn't need a 70mph limit.

Edited by Lord Xbass of Lichtie