Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I have a tutorial tomorrow and I don't know what it's based on, as Richard refused to print enough course handouts for the entire class.

Tutorials can be bullshitted through anyway, unless you actually need to hand in a marked piece.

You think if I just tell the truth I can be allowed to do it at a later date after gaining a bit of help from my tutor?
If you don't understand what you need to do, OF COURSE you need to tell your tutor. That's what they're there for.

Is it anything that anyone here can help with, perhaps?

As LM says, you should ask the tutor, we're here to help, and if you don't understand, then its much more useful if you say straight away, rather than waiting on it all week. I find that tutors are often willing to make time to sit down and explain stuff to you.

Of course, if you've had it for three weeks, then again, as LM says, then you deserve a bollocking!

My PTTGOYN: reading Masterchef spoilers in the PTTGOYN thread! <_<:rolleyes:

Oh shit, sorry Naitch! :ph34r:

Edited to add, as for non graded stuff, its pretty much expected that you won't do it all, but the least that should be expected is that you have given it a go. If you really don't understand it, then ask a classmate or tutor, don't just sit in silence!

Edited by Xbass Threepwood

Oh shit, sorry Naitch! :ph34r:

It's cool - I'm just catching up on the 2nd half now with Uruguay/Argentina on in the background. No offence to Matt as he is decent enough, but I'm really eager to see how Ludo messed things up (that's right, I have no life :P).

Edited by The Naitch

It's cool - I'm just catching up on the 2nd half now with Uruguay/Argentina on in the background. No offence to Matt as he is decent enough, but I'm really eager to see how Ludo messed things up (that's right, I have no life :P ).

I'm not telling you anything! But it does mean Ryan is going to walk the final now. The adopted son of Michel Roux. Let me know when you have watched it so I can vent. :ph34r:

I'm not telling you anything! But it does mean Ryan is going to walk the final now. The adopted son of Michel Roux. Let me know when you have watched it so I can vent. :ph34r:

It was the raw apples that done it for Ludo, fatal mistake. To be fair, Matt's dishes looked cracking.

Ryan, or RoboChef as I've seen him dubbed elsewhere, should walk the final though Marianne could run him close.

Vent away... :D

It was the raw apples that done it for Ludo, fatal mistake. To be fair, Matt's dishes looked cracking.

Ryan, or RoboChef as I've seen him dubbed elsewhere, should walk the final though Marianne could run him close.

Vent away... :D

Oh Matt had a decent round, but he isn't half the chef Ludo is. And without wanting to sound paranoid, that semi final was rigged against Ludo. What was Ludos problem in the earlier round? Timing. So naturally, they wanted him to suffer. They put him in a Tapas restaurant that was all about speed, and they stifled his creativity by putting him in an assembly line.

Did he suffer? No he did not. He rode it with ease. Then move on to the dishes, and while I am willing to concede that Matt really improved, its significant that he was being judged against a much lower of standard than Ludo was. So Ludo had set himself up for a mighty fall, and sure enough, the producers eventually managed to send him down, and clear the way for robochef (:lol:).

Ludo should have been in that final. Oh, and I despise that presenter! I like Michel Roux, but I cannot stand that baldy b*****d. And I appreciate that this post might make me seem like an OF fan. Sorry.

Oh Matt had a decent round, but he isn't half the chef Ludo is. And without wanting to sound paranoid, that semi final was rigged against Ludo. What was Ludos problem in the earlier round? Timing. So naturally, they wanted him to suffer. They put him in a Tapas restaurant that was all about speed, and they stifled his creativity by putting him in an assembly line.

Did he suffer? No he did not. He rode it with ease. Then move on to the dishes, and while I am willing to concede that Matt really improved, its significant that he was being judged against a much lower of standard than Ludo was. So Ludo had set himself up for a mighty fall, and sure enough, the producers eventually managed to send him down, and clear the way for robochef (:lol:).

Ludo should have been in that final. Oh, and I despise that presenter! I like Michel Roux, but I cannot stand that baldy b*****d. And I appreciate that this post might make me seem like an OF fan. Sorry.

Michel Roux Jr. is brilliant -- Gordon Ramsey et al could learn a lot from him in how to conduct yerself on the telly box.

As for Baldy... he's fine, but tended to just repeat whatever Michel (or his deputy Monica) said in the earlier rounds. He does like his puddings though -- he just about loved every dessert put down to him in the qualifiers!

I don't like how they've set up the whole semi-final format anyway... they should have had an 'open draw' rather than have the two who came through from the same show facing off against each other. Means the likes of David from last night didn't have a chance of going any further.

Michel Roux Jr. is brilliant -- Gordon Ramsey et al could learn a lot from him in how to conduct yerself on the telly box.

As for Baldy... he's fine, but tended to just repeat whatever Michel (or his deputy Monica) said in the earlier rounds. He does like his puddings though

He's not like most chefs. He conducts himself with dignity, and he seems like a really classy guy. So even when he really doesn't like the food, he explains why in a clear and honest way, without being needlessy nasty or bullying the contestants.

I can't abide the bald b*****d though. I hate the way he shovels food into his gob like an animal. If Michel Roux can eat like a human being, so can you. Also, I despise the way he pronounces his "a" sound wrongly. Fucking speak properly. Oh, and what qualifies him to judge food? As you said, he repeats what Michel says, albeit in less detail, and he never offers specific criticism that might actually be constructive. And tonight he described raw apple as a "strange" taste. How the hell do you eat apples then? Finally, I don't like the sex face he puts on every time he eats a dessert.

I don't like how they've set up the whole semi-final format anyway... they should have had an 'open draw' rather than have the two who came through from the same show facing off against each other.

Agree with that as well.

I never watch Masterchef normally, but I'm loving this series.

I can't abide the bald b*****d though. I hate the way he shovels food into his gob like an animal. If Michel Roux can eat like a human being, so can you. Also, I despise the way he pronounces his "a" sound wrongly. Fucking speak properly. Oh, and what qualifies him to judge food? As you said, he repeats what Michel says, albeit in less detail, and he never offers specific criticism that might actually be constructive. And tonight he described raw apple as a "strange" taste. How the hell do you eat apples then? Finally, I don't like the sex face he puts on every time he eats a dessert.

:lol:

The sheer elation on his face as he demolishes whatever is in front of him is a sight to behold. :P

I never watch Masterchef normally, but I'm loving this series.

I used to watch it in the Lloyd Grossman era, but went off it. Can't stand John Torode so didn't watch any of the series' he did .. but got back into it when this current run started and it has been fantastic (though some of the chefs in the heats were horrific!).

I have a Dr's appointment at 08:40 hrs tomorrow with the most miserable sod in the whole practice. All I need is a line to cover the days following my 5 days self-cert but I bet he gives me a lecture about it. It's the same c**t that refused to re-prescribe my anti-depressant medication as I was 'new to the practice so I can't re-prescribe your medication as I have never prescribed it to you before'.

Smart alec f**k-faced twat. It's partly his fault that I stopped my medication and am where I was a few weeks ago.

I am NOT looking forward to it! :angry:<_<:(

4th? you lucky soul. I've had this problem a few months now.

So have I but it is starting to get later each night. Last night I didn't get to sleep until 5.30 and I had to be up at 9 so I got 3 and a half hours sleep. :(

I've also got work tomorrow. <_<