Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

RAH.GIRUY! is a fucking brilliant name for a loonie bin. :D

:lol::lol: You're right. It is where the Glasgow Airport car bombers worked so it has a pedigree! :ph34r:

It's actually the Royal Alexandra Hospital - and it's full of Swine Flu victims, according to the Paisley Gazette! :(

Nobody wants a Dad who thinks they're cool but really just make an arse of themselves.. :P

Oh, be fair. No one wants a Dad like that, but you invariably get one.

Edit: See, Dunc says so too.

Edited by Lyn-Marie

You wouldn't want a cool, intellectual, hippy, White Wiccan Pagan child of the '60's, bass playing beardie for a father?! :o<_<

I find that hard to believe! :P

Nobody wants a Dad who thinks they're cool but really just make an arse of themselves.. :P
To be honest, I expect he'd opt for illegitimate status ahead of the above. ;)

No need for me to answer now. :rolleyes:

He posted a picture the other day of him being just that. (Mascot, not a witch!)

You're not taking this in the self-deprecating spirit it's intended! Chill!

To be honest, I expect he'd opt for illegitimate status ahead of the above. ;)

I'm sure he would - I'm a bástárd so I should know! The ultimate get out clause! ;)

Oh, be fair. No one wants a Dad like that, but you invariably get one.

Edit: See, Dunc says so too.

I'm working on my 'embarrassing Dad' dancing to annoy my kids in later life. It's nearly as pathetic as my attempts at karaoke - but you'd remember that! :lol:

My dad has a bizarre dress sense. Some days he dresses like a teacher from the 1960's and some days he's clad in Aquascutum duffle coats and Lacoste polo shirts.

Please, not the leather elbow patches on a tweed jacket.... :(

Guest The Phoenix
Nah, I've confused him by replying on two separate threads. I don't think he can mulitask! :lol:

Do you have to have a lot of hair to do that? :unsure:

Do you have to have a lot of hair to do that? :unsure:

:lol::lol::lol: Aw feck! You knew what I meant! :P

I was also on Yahoo messenger to my daughter at the same time - not bad for an auld yin! ;)

Edit: Although every time she's sent a meesage and I've answered it, a box comes up (no I can't remember what it says) and when I click to close Yahoo, I lose P&B as well and have to log back on! I'm sure I'll work it out in due course........aye, aye, feel free to point and laugh! <_<:rolleyes:

Edited by Kilt

My dad has a bizarre dress sense. Some days he dresses like a teacher from the 1960's and some days he's clad in Aquascutum duffle coats and Lacoste polo shirts.

Only one other person on here has had the good fortune to encounter my... um... somewhat unusual "once seen never forgotten" dad. I told him recently that "no-one has a dad quite like mine" - he went away looking a little chuffed and reappeared two minutes later with a puzzled expression. I never did enlighten him!

You just have to laugh. Can't do anything else. :lol:

Only one other person on here has had the good fortune to encounter my... um... somewhat unusual "once seen never forgotten" dad. I told him recently that "no-one has a dad quite like mine" - he went away looking a little chuffed and reappeared two minutes later with a puzzled expression. I never did enlighten him!

You just have to laugh. Can't do anything else. :lol:

:lol: Mine's ripened Camembert cheeses under the seat of his jeep and once drove it pissed into a Belgian minefield. Fortunately it was set for tanks so his jeep was too light for it to detonate them.

The Second World War - what larks, eh?! :rolleyes:

By Vectron's waterfront house by the Seine, my landlord has gone utterly insane! Landlord #1 is laid back, chilled, and enjoys jogging, drinking, and chilling. Landlord #2 (brother of Landlord #1) has moved in after spending a year in New Zealand, and is all about action, energy, and enjoys all sports, drinking, and getting stuff done around the house.

By Vectron, he's been back for 6 days now, and we have a skip arriving tomorrow, a house that has been gutted of all rubbish, new carpets for the entire upstairs (4 bedrooms, a hall, and stairs) arrive tomorrow morning, all our rooms have been stripped bare (by Vectron, all I have in this room is my bed and this laptop, even the old carpets been stripped out). Oh, and for the first time since I moved here in 2007, we have a shower with variable temperature, so you can choose your temperature rather than bobbing in and out of fixed molten lava. And by Vectron's powerful heart, this is only the start! Does he not know that I fear change? :(