Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

MMSM is being an erse! I'm offering to buy him his drink on Saturday night if he has nae money, and he's saying no! Just take it!

Nah, he's quite right. I've got a pal like that. He knows I'm skint, so he'll ask me to come to the pub, and he'll buy my drinks.

There's no way in hell I could sit there all night and let him buy me drink. I also drink quicker than he does, so it's not like I can finish a pint while he's half way down his and be like "Eh, gonnae go to the bar and get me another one."

He's also more or less as skint as I am, most of the time! He's one of these guys who works, and gets paid monthly, but he'll blow his entire pay on the first weekend after payday.

Nah, he's quite right. I've got a pal like that. He knows I'm skint, so he'll ask me to come to the pub, and he'll buy my drinks.

There's no way in hell I could sit there all night and let him buy me drink. I also drink quicker than he does, so it's not like I can finish a pint while he's half way down his and be like "Eh, gonnae go to the bar and get me another one."

He's also more or less as skint as I am, most of the time! He's one of these guys who works, and gets paid monthly, but he'll blow his entire pay on the first weekend after payday.

It's only a 2 litre of White Star though! £2.

It's only a 2 litre of White Star though! £2.

See if someone had 4 pints of cider, they'd be absolutely fine, perhaps a bit tipsy, but when someone drinks 2 litres of cider form a bottle they always claim they're drunk. Why is this?

See if someone had 4 pints of cider, they'd be absolutely fine, perhaps a bit tipsy, but when someone drinks 2 litres of cider form a bottle they always claim they're drunk. Why is this?

I'm only 5"9, though!

Edited by DJ Kutski

I'm only 5"9, though!

I don't mean you specifically, I just mean in general. 4 pints is more than 2 litres, yet people seem to get more drunk on a 2 litre bottle than they do on 4 pints.

I had 8 cans of K cider (7.5%) then climbed the CMD route up Ben Nevis 8 hours later. Man up!

Because White Star, and my personal favourite, Frosty Jacks, weigh in at 7.5%, whereas poofy pints of cider like Strongbow are only a measly 4.5%.

Also, because they're 13.

Maybe its because people tend to sit down and enjoy a nice glass of cider at a leisurely pace, to aid contemplation of Vectron, whereas a 2 litre bottle is chugged down in the time it normally takes for a pint. Or by Vectron's pet bee, is that just me?

Maybe its because people tend to sit down and enjoy a nice glass of cider at a leisurely pace, to aid contemplation of Vectron, whereas a 2 litre bottle is chugged down in the time it normally takes for a pint. Or by Vectron's pet bee, is that just me?

the vectron I could tolerate. the eye watering colours I bit my tongue about. but rhyming now?....really? :o<_<:rolleyes:

the vectron I could tolerate. the eye watering colours I bit my tongue about. but rhyming now?....really? :o<_<:rolleyes:

By Vectron, you've only just noticed the rhyming? I've been dropping it in every so often for days! Praise Vectron!

I think it's just psychological.

2 litres of cider is somehow deemed 'quite a bit' and so it's socially acceptable to be drunk on this standard measure that the good people of Spar provide so cheaply. However, 4 pints is seen as a meager amount, and if you were drunk on that amount you'd be mocked. People have no idea how many pints are in a litre, so actually have no idea that the two volumes I've discussed are virtually the same but because 2 litres is probably percieved as being more than 4 pints they're more likely to admit being drunk after it.

20/20 is the future anyway, though despite 'deflation', its price has risen between 50-75p in the last 2 years. I joked that is was because the pound had been devalued against the dollar and I got a slinky to the eye from my mate for a being a 'queer' for even knowing this.

I think it's just psychological.

2 litres of cider is somehow deemed 'quite a bit' and so it's socially acceptable to be drunk on this standard measure that the good people of Spar provide so cheaply. However, 4 pints is seen as a meager amount, and if you were drunk on that amount you'd be mocked. People have no idea how many pints are in a litre, so actually have no idea that the two volumes I've discussed are virtually the same but because 2 litres is probably percieved as being more than 4 pints they're more likely to admit being drunk after it.

It could be, but nobody really gets drunk on a bottle of cheap cider - by Vectron, thats why you mix it with stuff!

20/20 is the future anyway, though despite 'deflation', its price has risen between 50-75p in the last 2 years. I joked that is was because the pound had been devalued against the dollar and I got a slinky to the eye from my mate for a being a 'queer' for even knowing this.

Despite having drank most of the cheap and nasty stuff the planet has to offer, by Vectron, I don't think I've ever tried MD 20/20. I've often been tempted, after all, colourful bottle, strong percentage...but by Vectron, I prefer to spend my money on a bottle of Sambuca! Also, I very rarely drink in houses these days, normally its just a few beers then out to the pub. I'm a man of class and breeding. B)

Despite having drank most of the cheap and nasty stuff the planet has to offer, by Vectron, I don't think I've ever tried MD 20/20. I've often been tempted, after all, colourful bottle, strong percentage...but by Vectron, I prefer to spend my money on a bottle of Sambuca! Also, I very rarely drink in houses these days, normally its just a few beers then out to the pub. I'm a man of class and breeding. B)

Orange MD tastes fucking brilliant.

Orange MD tastes fucking brilliant.

What this man said. A bottle of Orange Jubilee and a 1/4 bottle of Glens vodka mixed with 2 small cans of red bull and plenty of ice is an essential pre pub combo.

I know plenty of people who get drunk after 2 litres of cider, though they shall remain anonymous.