Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I sent Dr. McB a PM and she hasn't replied yet. <_<

I may be dying (slowly, admittedly) but she's better than NHS 24! If only she gets back to me in time....... :(

Since when were you privy to reading other people's PM's?! <_<

:rolleyes:

That's absolutely spot on as it happens. If they talk shit and try to play mind games then move along. There will be another idiot on the way until you finally find one that plays it straight and doesn't waste your time.

Some people I know are actually a little bervous that they might say something that upsets their gf and almost have to watch what they're saying while they're around her. She actually takes the piss out of me for being a chubby chaser because she was a wee bit chubbier when I first met her than she is now. Most girls would give you a slap if you dared suggest they were anything other than perfect.

I don't think I'll ever find another girl who reacts by saying 'Ok, that's fine' after I tell her that earlier in the day I took 2 of her debit cards and withdrew £600.

Maybe she felt she couldn't say no to her friends, and maybe thought she felt her friends wouldn't be happy if she made plans with you instead. So don't go thinking it'll be only because of you, because it might not be.

I agree. When I first started going out with my boyfriend I had a really hard time keeping both my friends and my boyfriend happy. My friends wanted me to go out with them on the same nights my boyfriend wanted to spend time with me. It was hard to keep both parties happy. Then one day my friend got annoyed that I was spending in her eyes "too much" time with him and gave me the ultimatium of.. "It's me or him". I choose him of course, real friends would never do that.

Girls are bitches!

Edited by Honest Saints Fan

I don't think I'll ever find another girl who reacts by saying 'Ok, that's fine' after I tell her that earlier in the day I took 2 of her debit cards and withdrew £600.

You, sir, are a legend. You've managed to fúck her both ways - if you see what I mean?! :ph34r:

Some people I know are actually a little bervous that they might say something that upsets their gf and almost have to watch what they're saying while they're around her. She actually takes the piss out of me for being a chubby chaser because she was a wee bit chubbier when I first met her than she is now. Most girls would give you a slap if you dared suggest they were anything other than perfect.

When I was 23 I laughed in the face of an absolutely gorgeous blonde who looked like Denise Van Outen. I'd been seeing her ( I was a bit fitter then, erm...slightly) and the fact is she had this sort of attitude that I should be grateful that someone as gorgeous as her was going out with me. There was a difference of opinion and she said something like 'But...I'm beautiful!'. I mean....f**k off! That she was boring, vacuous and facile was neither here nor there to her, but to me it was sort of important.

I ended up geting rid of her and pulling a fat bird in the pub that weekend, who was much more fun ( until she started stalking me and I had to move house and change my phone number).

Come to think of it, I'm a fucking disaster. :lol:

sorry to point out a potential typo, but its just that having checked bervous, as an adjective it could actually fit the context and thus had to post to say excellent word! if its supposed to be nervous please ignore this post.

sorry to point out a potential typo, but its just that having checked bervous, as an adjective it could actually fit the context and thus had to post to say excellent word! if its supposed to be nervous please ignore this post.

:lol::lol::lol: That's brilliant - I'm not quite there yet. Probably best to stop now! :ph34r:

Maybe she felt she couldn't say no to her friends, and maybe thought she felt her friends wouldn't be happy if she made plans with you instead. So don't go thinking it'll be only because of you, because it might not be. I don't know if it's an isolated incident, but if it keeps on happening then you gotta ask yourself if she's worth the hassle. But do give it a chance, I believe I'm right in thinking it's still early days?

Early days or not, if the plans were firmly made to do something together and she jilted him for a better off, what does that say? It's ridiculous. If it was another of the girls she'd made plans with would she have cancelled on her for her other friends too? If so then do you want someone that unreliable and unfeeling? The old "my friends aren't happy because..." routine is just a load of shit IMO. So your friends don't like you having a bf and spending time with him? WTF? Bit different if you shun them all the time when you're with someone and only bother with them between relationships, but that's not really the point in question here.

SB, for what it's worth, everyone else will have their own opinion on what you should do. Do what you think's best but (to add more advice to the pool) don't be taken for a mug. Any girl who'll do that isn't worth holding on to.

And Monster - :lol::lol:

It was just a typo.

I can't get onto urban dictionary because my laptop is being a pain in the arse again. What does 'bervous' mean?

It was just a typo.

I can't get onto urban dictionary because my laptop is being a pain in the arse again. What does 'bervous' mean?

Adj.

Being in a state of extreme anticipation, generally accompanied by feelings of excitement and/or rapturous delight, but not excluding apprehension and anxious expectation.

(This word had its genesis in a typo in an AIM conversation)

I agree. When I first started going out with my boyfriend I had a really hard time keeping both my friends and my boyfriend happy. My friends wanted me to go out with them on the same nights my boyfriend wanted to spend time with me. It was hard to keep both parties happy. Then one day my friend got annoyed that I was spending in her eyes "too much" time with him and gave me the ultimatium of.. "It's me or him". I choose him of course, real friends would never do that.

Girls are bitches!

That's precisely what I was talking about. I'm sure most people have been in that situation where they are trying to keep their bf/gf and their friends or family happy. Never a nice situation to be in but it can be gotten around easily by spening time with both parties. About a year ago my best mate was going out with this girl, and spent ALL of his free time with her. No joke, he didn't do anything with us anymore. We were right pissed off. Then when he chucked her, he came crawling back. We still took him back even though he'd "cast us aside", but at the end of the day he was our best mate.

And Fudge, I can understand exactly where you're coming from. I think I'll know when I've met the right girl after what you've described there. ;)

It was just a typo.

1. Bervous A state of concern that one has consumed passed the acceptable amount of alcohol for a work night, and that a binge drinking session lies ahead. I was on my third pint and feeling bervous, and next thing I new I woke up in a wheely bin.

C'mon, you've been there! ;)

And Monster - :lol::lol:

Oh aye, no doubt my life was a chaotic disaster until I met the wife.

My stalker was determined, tenacious and refused to take no for an answer. She'd have made a great job interviewee, but as a girlfriend she was scary.

I remember waking up with her one morning about the third time I'd seen her, and she started talking about family. Out of the blue she asked me when I'd be taking her to meet my parents, and after mumbling something non-committal, she announced in an outraged tone:

"But how are we going to tell them about our engagement if we don't go and visit them?!?!?!?!?"

Now, bearing in mind at this point I didn't even know her surname and we'd merely met and shagged three times, I was moderately disturbed, even as an inexperienced 23 year old.

Bad times. :(

That's precisely what I was talking about. I'm sure most people have been in that situation where they are trying to keep their bf/gf and their friends or family happy. Never a nice situation to be in but it can be gotten around easily by spening time with both parties. About a year ago my best mate was going out with this girl, and spent ALL of his free time with her. No joke, he didn't do anything with us anymore. We were right pissed off. Then when he chucked her, he came crawling back. We still took him back even though he'd "cast us aside", but at the end of the day he was our best mate.

And Fudge, I can understand exactly where you're coming from. I think I'll know when I've met the right girl after what you've described there. ;)

To be honest, I think I sometimes neglected my mates to be with her (I'm saying this in the past tense because she's away travelling, not because we're not still together) but the reason for that is because in all honesty I actually prefered being with her than doing anything else in the world.

I know that sounds horribly slushy, but it's the truth, and anyone who has found true love will know what I mean :D

Fucks sake just typing this I'm remembering how fucking weird girls are. Hot and cold. You can never tell how they are feeling.

If it wasn't for the nookie then I'm sure many guys would pack the whole thing in entirely. They love the attention yet don't like to be "crowded" by guys. WTF does that actually mean?

I just hope I find a girl that's fucking worth all of that. Jeeesus.

Just when you think you're getting close, they suddenly shoot you down, often even unwittingly. I'm rapidly reaching the conclusion that they're not worth worrying over.

Some girls are just weird and hard to understand but if you find yourself saying it too often about your girlfriend, you probably shouldn't be with her.

My experience has always been reaching a stage where I think I've just about got the measure of them then they suddenly behave completely differently and confuse you.

I think going out with girls that were originally just friends is the best policy, because you know for sure that they're ace.

It's a double edged sword. I only ever seem to get feelings for those who I'm good friends with, then I get paranoid about ruining the friendship by trying to take it further (because this seems to happen a lot with everyone else), creating this horrible crevice of inbetween-ness riddled with self-doubt and frustration. This has happened to me maybe three times in the last couple of years and it makes me wonder if I'm approaching the whole thing horrifically wrongly.

Edit: Oh yes, and other guys don't make it any easier either <_<

Edited by Exuberant

Ignoring the apparent violence in Olomouc, a 10 year old boy died in a freak accident in Trebic today where the crossbar that him and his friend were swinging on collapsed hit him on the head, killing him. Bit odd.

Drunk editing, still probably doesn't make sense.

Edited by Breaking Decency