Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Guest Dunc?
I strongly suspect Toma is hurting for the love of a good woman.

Failing that a bad one.

Either that, or he's hurting from the love of a bad woman.

The kind of bad woman who just ignores that personal itch.

Anyway,i used the train to Stirling this weekend,why to so many of my fellow passengers feel the need on a 1 hour journey to sit down to a picnic. There is nothing worse than sitting in a packed carriage listening to crunch crunch,slurp slurp.

I have even seen a couple start to take loads of Tupperware containers from there bag and start to deal out a bloody meal for gods sake..

:lol: Only time I bring out food in tubs on a train is when I have my children with me. I need to keep the entire journey carefully planned if it's more than about 20 minutes or they start getting fidgety and drive me mad. Feeding them takes up some of the time and keeps them interested and seated. Long live snack pots! :)

Any even number or multiple of 5 is ok.

Multiples of 5 are the way forward. I don't know where this even number idea came from, but it most certainly IS NOT OK! <_<

I'm not bothered about the tv volume, but get really tense if the blinds aren't quite right.

I don't have blinds, but there mustn't be any gap at all between the curtains, even just a wee one at the top. Drives me mad! <_<<_<

Don't even get me started on pillow openings being on the outside of a made bed.

Both pillows should be placed in the same way - that would mean the opening of one being in the centre of the bed and the other being on the outside edge. If there's no pattern or the case is symmetrical then I agree - in that case you place the pillows with both openings in the centre of the bed and on the underside of the pillow.

Absolutely. I'd say that a joint income of 40 grand is the bare minumum on with you could give children a decent quality of life nowadays.

I guess that depends on what you value as being "quality". I'd hate for my children to want for nothing. I'd hate for them to think they could always have what they wanted. Of course I wouldn't want them to feel deprived but there's a balance. It also depends what your housing situation is - if you have a higher mortgage/rent then you'll need to earn more than those who own their home outright. It seems more than a little sweeping if you're saying less than £40k and your child won't have a decent quality of life.

Toma - get some painkillers taken and if they take effect then get to sleep while you can. Also, it doesn't matter what's wrong with you they always advise you to drink plenty, so... drink plenty and I'm sure you'll be fine soon. :)

Toma - get some painkillers taken and if they take effect then get to sleep while you can. Also, it doesn't matter what's wrong with you they always advise you to drink plenty, so... drink plenty and I'm sure you'll be fine soon. :)

Painkillers never seen to work for me, but I've necked a couple anyway.

It's actually getting worse, which is a bit annoying. I'm also a bit radge because I have a gig in Edinburgh tomorrow, but we're not on until about 1am (1AM!?!?), meaning by the time the other bands have finished and we've packed away all our gear, I won't get home until about 3am, if I'm lucky.

I can't even get pished before it either!

Oh, and Dunc?, please don't call me a jessie. It hurts so much more coming from you. :(

Also, it's not constipation... definitely not that!

Go to hospital of that bad. If the suggestions here aint working the hospital may be better help. Go now before its to late.........

It's nowhere near bad enough to merit a trip to the hospital. If I'm still feeling like this on Thursday, maybe.

As Dunc? said, I'm just a big jessie. :(

Guest FTOF_PTFC_1
It's nowhere near bad enough to merit a trip to the hospital. If I'm still feeling like this on Thursday, maybe.

Know how you said you're not on until 1am, does that not mean you are playing in 35 minutes ?

If yer shiting loads, its just your body dealing with things. Just fast for a day or two (if needed) and drink loads of water. Eventually, it will work itself out. Don't panic, and man up, by Vectron!

Oh, and stay within 12 feet of a bog at all times for the rest of the night!

Know how you said you're not on until 1am, does that not mean you are playing in 35 minutes ?

SHIT!

:lol:

Nah, the gig is officially tomorrow night, but because Edinburgh is silly, we're not on until 1am, so essentially, Wednesday.

If yer shiting loads, its just your body dealing with things. Just fast for a day or two (if needed) and drink loads of water. Eventually, it will work itself out. Don't panic, and man up, by Vectron!

Oh, and stay within 12 feet of a bog at all times for the rest of the night!

I'm not shitting all over the place, but I'm hardly bursting blood vessels trying to squeeze one out either. I'm just....regular.

I think I've just mentioned it a few times too many and people are being all nice and offering helpful suggestions, or in G-Man's case, planning my funeral.

Guest Dunc?

This isn't me having a dig at you Toma, or GMan for suggesting it, at all. There isn't a stomach ache in the world that could take me to hospital. That's probably a bit presumptuous of me to say that, but it just isn't something that I consider. Nobody in my family does. I don't have any brothers or sisters, but in my entire life, I think myself, my Mum and my Dad have all gone to the hospital once each.

My Dad had his appendix removed after he passed out. My Mum broke her shoulder after falling down the stairs. And I dislocated my shoulder after the well publicised car-dodging-ninja-skills incident.

It really surprises me to hear people going to the doctors because they've got the flu or something. I don't suppose it's really something to be criticised though, I probably should take better care of myself! I've probably got one of those brain tumours, me, and they'll find me deid somewhere, but it won't be in the back of an Ambulance!

This isn't me having a dig at you Toma, or GMan for suggesting it, at all. There isn't a stomach ache in the world that could take me to hospital. That's probably a bit presumptuous of me to say that, but it just isn't something that I consider. Nobody in my family does.

I know what you mean, I haven't been to the doctors in nearly four years now. I would actually have to be officially dying before I would consider getting an appointment. All of my family are like that as well, we just wouldn't consider going to the doctors or hospital.

This isn't me having a dig at you Toma, or GMan for suggesting it, at all. There isn't a stomach ache in the world that could take me to hospital. That's probably a bit presumptuous of me to say that, but it just isn't something that I consider. Nobody in my family does. I don't have any brothers or sisters, but in my entire life, I think myself, my Mum and my Dad have all gone to the hospital once each.

I'm the same. I'd never go to the hospital on a whim, no chance. I'm also the same in regards to the doctor as well, but that's mainly due to laziness. I'd never head to the hospital because of a sore belly, but when I replied to G-Man I meant if I'm still in pain come Thursday, and it's been steadily getting worse, then I'd go to the doctor, who may or may not refer me to hospital.

It's not too bad now actually, in the last 10 minutes it's went down. As it stands it's kinda like the dull ache you get in your stomach after you've been kicked in the bollocks. I'm hardly writhing in pain, it's just dead uncomfortable.

Guest Dunc?

I've just thought of a further example that displays the attitude within my family.

I've read a couple of G-Man's posts mentioning that his wife has a very high something-blood-related level (hope that resolves itself soon, Mr Man), and that it's at something like 8ish when it should be around about 7. My Mum is the opposite.

She wasn't feeling well for a good long time, and eventually went to see the Doctor. She had blood taken, and it turns out that she's anaemic, and her blood level is at something like 2.8. The Doctor was staggered that she was still walking around, never mind lying in a hospital bed. It was recommended that she have a blood transfusion, but she refused and has been eating spinach like it's crisps since then.

My Uncle also had a heart attack driving to Linlithgow from Aberdeen, and didn't notice.

Toma, I wouldn't rule out constipation just because you're going. It could mean that you're a bit blocked up further up, if you get what I mean. Just keep drinking the water and you should sort yourself out and if nothing changes in a day or two, then consider a trip to the doctor.