Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

One thing I do agree with, is that a minutes silence is a hell of a lot better than a minutes applause.

See Im the other way around, I like the idea of applauding someones life.

Surely it depends on the circumstances? If it was tragic then in no way is applause appropriate

I am not talking about applauding anything about there death though just about what they did in life.

See, to me that just says "We can't be trusted to be silent, so we'll all just make a racket"

Surely it depends on the circumstances? If it was tragic then in no way is applause appropriate

I applauded when Jade Goody died.

Guest Dunc?

See, for me, it's not even about what it really shows, in terms of respect. I don't see the point in differentiating between 1000 people clapping, or 1000 silent people - it's still 1000 people remembering someone who has died.

But there's something special about a football ground full of people (Stark's Park = an 8th full of people) who are all, to a man, standing, silently. I also love that roar at the end of a minute's silence.

One thing I do agree with, is that a minutes silence is a hell of a lot better than a minutes applause.
See, to me that just says "We can't be trusted to be silent, so we'll all just make a racket"
See, for me, it's not even about what it really shows, in terms of respect. I don't see the point in differentiating between 1000 people clapping, or 1000 silent people - it's still 1000 people remembering someone who has died.

But there's something special about a football ground full of people (Stark's Park = an 8th full of people) who are all, to a man, standing, silently. I also love that roar at the end of a minute's silence.

I actually agree with all of these comments

Anyway, changing the subject totally, my "petty thing" from today - Folk who go to Barbers, NB Not "Hairdressers" for a 45 minute "Look at me" haircut - You know the kind where no actual haircutting takes place for the last 20 mins - A haircut in a barbers should take no more than 10 mins tops ! Go to a ponsy salon if you want to fart about with gel and the like and get every last single fucking hair on your head to the exact milimetre accuarte position you want it !!

I'm bald and jealous.

:P

Ha ha - Not at all mate :lol: - I've ( potentially) got a fine head of hair on me, and being a proud ginger am very unlikely to go bald - I just choose to get the old "bare blade all over - skin it" every 4 weeks or so !

Edited by Ade Eyemond

I effing hate that Mafia Wars thing. According to the thing at the bottom of my news feed, I have 23 hidden posts from people spamming me with games and quizzes.

:o It's brilliant! I don't go for all the usual games and quizzes that other people try and make me do, but I tried Mafia Wars one night last week just to see what it was all about and I'm hooked now.

Haha it is indeed...

If I wanted to meet everyone that makes me blood boil on forums I'd be bankrupt.

Remember, beard without moustache= tosser. On a par with "custom formation whilst playing pro ev".

That said, I'm going to try and grow some sidies on my 2 weeks off, I looked like my evil twin when I had a goatee last year. No beard withough moustache though.

I need two more people in my Mafia for Mafia Wars on facebook. :(

I have no idea what you're talking about - but feel free to use me! :ph34r:

My PTTGOYN - I have to get myself together for tomorow when I am supposed to meet up with my boy, his pals, my daughter and my ex for a meal in Braehead! I suppose I should be going to bed soon - but it's been to an exciting a weekend so far so I suspect some Wedding Present is going on soon!........oh dear! :(